Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

Due to current PC atmosphere, #NFL announces cuts no longer to be made by "the Turk", now to be made by "Swarthy man who enjoys feta cheese"

Kirk Cousins Retweeted Washington Redskins

Hey @Spurs, thank you! Pure class, which is no surprise.

Kirk Cousins added,

CrS3KsSWYAAmDDZ.jpg

CrS3LtHWAAASvDM.jpg
Washington Redskins @Redskins
One step closer to being the San Antonio Spurs of the @NFL: http://redsk.in/2bX3uTl  (Thanks @spurs!)

It seems I was destined to root for teams that struggle, lol. 

Growing up, my cousin was a massive Spurs fan and he got me into them big time. I spent most of my adolescence and teen years rooting for them, back when David Robinson was the man, Avery Johnson was a fixture, Sean Elliot and Rodman too. I think I stopped watching right after Tim Duncan's rookie year. They were solid, but didn't win championships then. 

Ever since the late 90s I stopped paying attention to much of any sports organization outside of the Skins. Pretty much completely removed basketball and baseball (loved the A's back when Canseco, Henderson and Mcguire were all together) from my life. Of course, that's when the Spurs essentially became a dynasty and I didn't get to enjoy any of it. Wonderful. :( 

1 hour ago, thesubmittedone said:

It seems I was destined to root for teams that struggle, lol. 

Growing up, my cousin was a massive Spurs fan and he got me into them big time. I spent most of my adolescence and teen years rooting for them, back when David Robinson was the man, Avery Johnson was a fixture, Sean Elliot and Rodman too. I think I stopped watching right after Tim Duncan's rookie year. They were solid, but didn't win championships then. 

Ever since the late 90s I stopped paying attention to much of any sports organization outside of the Skins. Pretty much completely removed basketball and baseball (loved the A's back when Canseco, Henderson and Mcguire were all together) from my life. Of course, that's when the Spurs essentially became a dynasty and I didn't get to enjoy any of it. Wonderful. :( 

I was seven year old when Tim Duncan was drafted, so I have pretty much been one of those spoiled Spurs fans. I don't remember much before that outside of losing a heart breaking series against Houston in 95, and sitting in the upper level at the Alamodome with my father and sister against the Atlanta Hawks the season before we got Duncan with about 100 people in the crowd :ols:.

It was amazing to see today how many Skins fans are hiding out in San Antonio on Facebook, when people saw Kirk showing off the jersey he got from the Spurs:cheers:.Redskins may have also gained some fans today, or at least some respect. Of course they were your typical idiots (Cowboys fans) that had nothing good to say, which was expected coming from the 2nd biggest Cowboys fan base outside of Dallas in the country, according to Jerry Jones :rolleyes: ( I don't believe it. They're losing fans because of him imo). Yet, he moved training camp from practicing inside the Alamodome to California, which I don't blame him...it's freaking California, but if you're pretty much blocking the Raiders with negotiating with the city at least pay your other Texas fan base back with something. That's a different story for a different day though lol.

18 hours ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Disagree ... there is no evidence McCoy can do Kirk's job.  Colt is erratic and makes dumb decisions at the stupidest of times. 

No evidence? Surely there must be some evidence; this is his third year in the system after all.

Here are McCoy's stats since he's been with us: 98-139 (70%) passing, 1185 yards, 5 TDs, 3 INTs

Here are his preseason stats this year: 27-37 (73%) passing, 271 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT.

Nobody would say he's as good as Kirk, but he is a vet, and he can run this offense. That's a valuable asset.

Due to current PC atmosphere, #NFL announces cuts no longer to be made by "the Turk", now to be made by "Swarthy man who enjoys feta cheese"

My guess is today's the day the Redskins trim most of their roster. Tomorrow will be devoted to those final few who get cut. Tough choices.

In today's paper: Here are the five toughest decisions Scot McCloughan & Co. must make by cut day If you missed it it was in BRBN yesterday

DMVSPORTS Retweeted Field Yates

Won't pay him starter $ if they don't see him starting,same thing happened with Riley and Paea but they were cut

DMVSPORTS added,

Field Yates @FieldYates
Source: Washington G Kory Lichtensteiger has taken a paycut from $3.5M to $2.25M for 2016. He can earn the $1.25M back in incentives.

Rich Tandler Retweeted Shady Saliba

Very much meh. But so have most of the D-linemen.

Rich Tandler added,

Shady Saliba @saliba76
@Rich_TandlerCSN @wordsmithgk Reyes hasn't stood out to me. How has he looked to you?

Desperate to hold fan interest, #ESPN announces that MNF opener between #Rams & #49ers will have "Yakkety Sax" music played throughout game

A paycut for Kory huh... interesting. I cannot ever recall a veteran player getting a paycut, let alone right before the kickoff of week 1.  Even with the dangling carrot to get it all back via incentives. Maybe it is to free up cap space, and the incentive is easily attainable e.g. start 3 games.

Robbie Duncan Retweeted Field Yates

Play better is basically what they're saying.

Robbie Duncan added,

Field Yates @FieldYates
Source: Washington G Kory Lichtensteiger has taken a paycut from $3.5M to $2.25M for 2016. He can earn the $1.25M back in incentives.

I think they need to go back and start over :rofl89:

Archived