Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

Rob Carlin Retweeted Mike Jones

Interesting.. That surprises me.. Does that mean #Redskins keep Ioannidis? #RedskinsTalk..

Rob Carlin added,

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo
Source says Cullen Jenkins has been cut.

Hearing Anthony Lanier has made the team. Needs some developing, but has big upside.

Source says Houston Bates has at least made the initial 53-man roster. Will be interesting to see if the Skins can claim an OLB on waivers.

Rich Tandler Retweeted John Keim

I would think he’s someone the #Redskins might call if someone gets injured down the line.

Rich Tandler added,

John Keim @john_keim
Source says Cullen Jenkins has been cut.

#REDSKINFANS! RedskinsRally September 10th at @HailandHog @OneLoudoun #HTTR 3 - 6 pm #GOSKINS

CrbuknkWAAAQ0tC.jpg

Burgundy Blog Retweeted Rich Tandler

Agree, was about to tweet this. May see Jenkins again.

Burgundy Blog added,

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN
I would think he’s someone the #Redskins might call if someone gets injured down the line. https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/772068227757342720 

Hearing Anthony Lanier has made the team. Needs some developing, but has big upside.

Can confirm earlier report that the Redskins released DL Cullen Jenkins. Just added last week. @john_keim 1st reported.

Can confirm that #Redskins TE Logan Paulsen has not yet been informed of his release.

John Keim Retweeted Mike Jones

5th round pick. Transition to 3-4 NT not easy. Will get a chance to develop. Have heard that lanier will make it

John Keim added,

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo
Source says Matt Ioannidis has been cut. He should be able to get through waivers and to the practice squad.

Reiter over LeRibeus is a no brainer. Reiter can actually play center - too much film that shows LeRibeus cant #RedskinsTalk

Seeing a bunch of Redskins cuts that in past year would have made the team. Price of getting better.

#Redskins cut DL Matt Ioannidis, too. 5th-round pick. Had a good Senior Bowl week. Not so sure he gets through waivers. Team more confident

Rich Tandler Retweeted Burgundy N Gold

Perhaps, but maybe Nsekhe will be the only backup tackle, Cofield to PS maybe.

Rich Tandler added,

Burgundy N Gold @ForeverBNG
@Rich_TandlerCSN Cofield has to have the edge since he can play tackle, right?

Anthony Raposa Retweeted John Keim

For some this is guys hearing they might never get another chance at their dream. Celebrating that isn't cool.

Anthony Raposa added,

John Keim @john_keim
Remember: These are guys losing jobs. Celebrating that is a bit unseemly.

Source says Maurice Harris has been released, but that they'd like to bring him back to the practice squad.

@johnnylocal @john_keim In 2001 VT's Nick Sorensen cut by Dolphins, signed by Rams in week 6, played in Super Bowl vs. Pats. It's never over

OK, was told that Logan Paulsen has just officially gotten the word about his release. @MikeJonesWaPo reported earlier.

one note on logan Paulsen: One of the smarter players I've ever dealt with. Also one of the more respeted in locker room for work ethic

User Actions
 Following
Q2A2DpG9_bigger.jpgJohn KeimVerified account@john_keim

Source says the Redskins are releasing RB Mack Brown, hoping to put him on the PS.

Well .........wow. 

8 members

Will come as a surprise to most, but @john_keim is reporting that the #Redskins have cut Mack Brown.

There really was never much of a question if Robert Kelley would make the team. He's going to get a chance to contribute this season.

Mack Brown was always going to be released. I love how he runs, have since the first game I saw him in. He just seems to have a natural ability. However Kelley has looked good and his pass blocking has been outstanding. Would love to see Brown on the PS, but wouldnt surprise me if he gets grabbed.

And Im not super excited about Jones currently, hasnt show enough yet.

It's a no for WR Maurice Harris as well. Actually had a really nice camp. Definite practice squad candidate. #Redskins

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Mack Brown was always going to be released. I love how he runs, have since the first game I saw him in. He just seems to have a natural ability. However Kelley has looked good and his pass blocking has been outstanding. Would love to see Brown on the PS, but wouldnt surprise me if he gets grabbed.

And Im not super excited about Jones currently, hasnt show enough yet.

I wanted all 4, call me unimpressed with he group, too many injury histories at the top, too many questions.

1 minute ago, SWFLSkins said:

It's a no for WR Maurice Harris as well. Actually had a really nice camp. Definite practice squad candidate. #Redskins

I wanted all 4, call me unimpressed with he group, too many injury histories at the top, too many questions.

Agreed, none of them make me feel comfortable going into the season.

Junior Galette Retweeted #HTTR

Remember da Corner that was released last yr went 2 Oakland 2 ball n get a 40 million deal? Not always bout talent

Junior Galette added,

#HTTR @KevinChronicles
@lainebertin @JovaisG exactly. Even a regular job. If your performance is poor over a certain time then that's on you.

Archived