Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Shooting at BLM Protest in Dallas

Duckus

Fair point. I'd want body armor too if that was my job. It's just it all looks a little oppressive, don't you think?

we could ask the cop with teeth knocked out and broken vertebrae

people are not playing nice

Is anyone making those decisions thinking along the lines of risk versus reward.  They just cleared protestors off of what, 10 yards of road, which they themselves are now blocking more effectively than the protestors were previously.  What was gained?

A show of dominance.

You know with GoT done I've been looking for something else to watch. GF has never seen The Wire before and I still think it's the best show ever so we started watching it yesterday. Two episodes in and I'm feeling things I don't remember feeling before. Or at least things that I didn't spend much time focusing on. The scene in the second episode where Carver, Herc and Pryz head to the tower at 2 in the morning drunk, start harrassing random folks out front, Pryz pistol whips the mouthy 14 year old and costs him his eye and then they start taking bottles and their car is eventually torched really encapsulates it. Far too many cops see themselves as just another street gang. Us vs them. Killing that mentality needs to be focus #1 in my opinion.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-police-protests-idUSKCN0ZQ0V8?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=578313e504d30173bdbbdf56&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Dozens more arrested in Louisiana after leaders warn against protest violence

Police arrested dozens more protesters in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on Sunday after authorities warned they would not tolerate violence during street demonstrations over the fatal police shootings of two black men.

Photos and video posted on social media by witnesses and journalists showed protesters being arrested in different parts of the city by police officers who told the crowds they were no longer holding peaceful demonstrations or that they were blocking major thoroughfares.

Louisiana media, citing Baton Rouge police, reported that at least 48 people were taken into custody after demonstrators clashed with police on Sunday evening following an earlier peaceful march to the state capitol.

So funny when people think it is OK to just block roads w/no recourse.  Hello people, you are not allowed to just interfere with other's rights to carry on their normal day.  Can't stand in the road - if you do the police will take you out of the road.  If you block entrances to businesses, the police will get you out of the way.  That is the rule of law.  Sorry you don't like it.

Amazing how they never protest after a long weekend of gangs shooting each other up.

A show of dominance.

Trucks spraying hoses while a amplified voice snarls "get out of you here you lousy malcontents before I get upset!" is a show of dominance.  A bunch of men dressed for war, warily creeping along looking like they are expecting the ground to swallow hardly communicates dominance.  It's frightening, there is no denying that, but mostly because scared and armed are a volatile combination.  

Watching that video I get the impression that whoever decided on that little maneuver is either not present or is sitting safely inside that truck.  They're playing with fire and getting very little for the risk they are taking.  Mobs can turn ugly very quickly, and driving that monster truck directly at people while cops cower in it's shadow puts a lot of things in play that can end badly.

Lastly, everyone harping on Alton Sterling's criminal history, this is going around the Internets... About one of the murdered cops in Dallas being a white supremacist **** stain

https://imgur.com/1SieW4D.jpg

I'm not going to embed it because I don't know how I feel about it. I understand the point that if one man's past is going to be used as justification for his death then how is this any different. But my initial reaction was revulsion. So I don't know. Just putting it out there for discussion sake

So funny when people think it is OK to just block roads w/no recourse.  Hello people, you are not allowed to just interfere with other's rights to carry on their normal day.  Can't stand in the road - if you do the police will take you out of the road.  If you block entrances to businesses, the police will get you out of the way.  That is the rule of law.  Sorry you don't like it.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/402276-breaking-shooting-at-blm-protest-in-dallas/?p=10638642

Lastly, everyone harping on Alton Sterling's criminal history, this is going around the Internets... About one of the murdered cops in Dallas being a white supremacist **** stain

I'm not going to embed it because I don't know how I feel about it. I understand the point that if one man's past is going to be used as justification for his death then how is this any different. But my initial reaction was revulsion. So I don't know. Just putting it out there for discussion sake

I don't see anything in that picture that would make me think he's a racist. It's all conjecture.

I see a lot of that liberal conjecture on Facebook (perhaps it's just my friends). It seems like the typical republican type of hate and fear inducing tactics but are now being pulled by the democrats.

Sterling wasn't shot for his past, it was his present actions

neither was the cop

rather pathetic

Amazing how they never protest after a long weekend of gangs shooting each other up.

I was kind of with you on this post.  One of the things about protesting is the understanding that you may well be arrested for your civil disobedience.   It's a good point and an important one.

But then - that last line at the end of your post....   well you just couldn't resist btfooming all over the place and ruining it.  Oh well.  

Sterling wasn't shot for his past, it was his present actions

neither was the cop

rather pathetic

Nothing can justify the cop being killed. The issue is what type of hiring practices does the DPD have if it's failing to screen out openly racist individuals. How prevelant is it in that department and others throughout the country? These are all legitimate concerns.

I don't see anything in that picture that would make me think he's a racist. It's all conjecture.

It's pretty well-correlated with it.  

Those are definitely white supremacist tats that I've definitely seen on other white supremacists in real life with my own eyes.

Right.  

The point, however, is that he wasn't shot while "whitesupremacing around" or whatever.  He was shot while peacefully guarding a protest like he was supposed to do.  So it is entirely irrelevant whether he was a white supremacist or not.   Just like it is entirely irrelevant when people try to dig up crap on police shooting victims in order to justify the police shooting.   Two sides of the exact same coin. 

An openly white supremacist being hired by a major police department in a large city is entirely relevant.

Yes, it is relevant in terms of reforming the police force.

But it's not relevant to why he was shot in this massacre (or whether he "deserved" to be shot).  Just like it wasn't relevant to slander Trayvon Martin by publicizing that he had previously been suspended from high school for smoking pot, in order to color the discussion about the Zimmerman shooting.  

An openly white supremacist being hired by a major police department in a large city is entirely relevant.

It's relevant when that white supremacist cop has done something racist towards minorities. Not being shot down by a unhinged shooter. For all we know, he wised up and turned a new leaf. Same way the people on the other side of the argument don't know if Sterling's history was past him or still the person he was the day he died.

It's relevant when that white supremacist cop has done something racist towards minorities. Not being shot down by a unhinged shooter. For all we know, he wised up and turned a new leaf. Same way the people on the other side of the argument don't know if Sterling's history was past him or still the person he was the day he died.

No it's relevant in the fact he was hired in the first place. He lied on his application at a minimum or it's a systematic failure of that department. Police officers are held to a standard of conduct and must pass a background check. This is a huge stain on the reputation of the DPD.

No it's relevant in the fact he was hired in the first place. He lied on his application at a minimum or it's a systematic failure of that department. Police officers are held to a standard of conduct and must pass a background check. This is a huge stain on the reputation of the DPD.

Or he wasn't a white supremacist at all.

Or he wasn't a white supremacist at all.

Correct. I prefaced my previous reply with "if". Investigating if he was or was not is completely legitimate. Far more so than looking at the wrap sheet of a suspect killed by the police. There is no equivalency. Doesn't really matter what the background of a suspect is. The backgrounds, hiring practices and previous actions of the police is entirely relevant.

So funny when people think it is OK to just block roads w/no recourse.  

I even hear some of them were wearing white after Labor Day. The cheek of some people.

We absolutely must halt this unacceptable wave of jaywalking. If we don't, then next thing you know, they'll be destroying tea upon which His Majesty's tax has not yet been paid.

It's pretty well-correlated with it.  

Right.  

The point, however, is that he wasn't shot while "whitesupremacing around" or whatever.  He was shot while peacefully guarding a protest like he was supposed to do.  So it is entirely irrelevant whether he was a white supremacist or not.   Just like it is entirely irrelevant when people try to dig up crap on police shooting victims in order to justify the police shooting.   Two sides of the exact same coin.

I agree with you that the officer's off duty hobbies don't justify shooting him.

I assume that the fact that it's equally irrelevant, was his point.

Archived