Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Medical Condition

HapHaszard

Several of you have asked about my medical condition.  I have to sadly state that it is at this time incurable and I'm in stage 3.  Its a cyclic situation that happens every year at this time, however this year it seems to be much worse.

There is no March of Dimes, or any charity dedicated to the cure, since it effects only a small portion of the World Population.  This dread disease, while disabling is not fatal however it does create severe stress on many of us.  Its called "Redskins Optimism".  It begins to build about this time of year, just after OTA's and Mini-Camp.  Articles on how the Redskins have the best receivers in the NFL, how the defensive line will improve just tend to increase the symptoms.  Signing Josh Norman #11 in the NFL top 100 only adds to the stress. Then I read an article on how the Special Teams have improved from worse in the league to close to the top.  

I look at Cleveland winning the NBA. then see Coastal Carolina winning the NCAA championship, and begin to think it can happen here. 

This is the offseason for crying out loud, why am I stressing about a football team in the offseason? Friends, as I say its incurable, there are no magic pills to take to relieve the symptoms, no powders or infusions to lessen the pain.

This is the year we become respectable and go deep into the playoffs.  Yes I said it.  You see there is no cure.

I think this is our year. I was damn close last year.

I don't see how we don't win a lot this season. We have talent and depth.

I think one of the RBs will break out.

I think Compton in his first year as the starter, will have a lightbulb come on like Kirk did last year.

I think Hall will be one of the league best FSs this year as a first year starter.

We are potentially top 5 at QB/OT/TE/OLB/CB/WR and that will elevate everyone else.

We have good coaches, who've been able to get everyone on the same page, by in and believe in the team.

Akey, Callahan and our S&C coach, Smith I believe all preach pure power. I think that's why we had so many injuries last year and will be one of the most physical teams in the league and won't suffer many injuries.

I think our offense is going to be explosive, while being extremely physical, in a way nobody has seen before.

I think our defense is going to be able to absolutely destroy QBs and create a lot of turnovers.

I believe this team is ready for a run at the Superbowl. If that doesn't cure what ails ya, I don't know what will.

I think our offense is going to be explosive, while being extremely physical, in a way nobody has seen before.

I think our defense is going to be able to absolutely destroy QBs and create a lot of turnovers.

I believe this team is ready for a run at the Superbowl. If that doesn't cure what ails ya, I don't know what will.

0a0a0a0a0a0mfm2-TexasTowelieMichaelabgel

...i clicked on this thread thinking it was going to be about a serious medical condition you've been going through that you wanted to get wishes from ES for. And then I read it and it wasn't about that at all. I am pretty disappointed

Pretty disappointed that Hap doesn't have a serious medical condition?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL MAN??? THAT'S HAP YOU WANT DEAD!!!!

Serious reply: I agree that we will become respectable this year.  I don't know if we will go deep in the playoffs, because all the playoff teams will be good, and some will be better than us.  But we'll have a chance.

So... we have some serious talent (as someone mentioned above) at Qb, Wr, Te, corner and OLB. ST looks pretty darn good as well.

Oline is far from perfect, but we have above average players (or better) at LT, RT and RG, viable options at LG, and I think Lichtensteiger can be an average or better center for us.

Our weakest areas - Rb, Dline and ILB actually have some intriguing players. Jones appears to have the talent, and Thompson looks like a solid 3rd down back. RJF, Paea and Reyes should/could be pretty good complements to Baker (NT may be a concern of course). Although we haven't heard much about the 2nd ILB spot, Compton seems primed to make an impact as the field general for the D (even if his talent/athleticism isn't special).

Not sure quite what we have at safety, but I like Hall back there. Ihenacho could be a solid safety, so the fact Bruton is ahead of him bodes well.

On top of all this, some of the players I'm most excited to see in action are depth/role players - Dunbar, Fuller, Cravens, Doctson, and Paul (also Marshall, Ioannidis, Daniels/Spaight and Murphy to some extent).

Honestly think this might be the best team we've fielded in 2+ decades, and quite a few of these players are on the rise. Add in a good FO and I think the Super Bowl is a fairly realistic goal (though shouldn't be the expectation quite yet).

Atlanta is what I meant by "here", lol...and it's the first pre-season, right?

I have a friend who has a friend...but I'm on the market for tix, you know I wanna be there! 

Hail!

duh, sorry I'm brain dead today, been spray painting a fence so I've been breathing fumes LOL.  Forgot you were in Atlanta, you need to go to the tailgate if they have one in Atlanta this year, lots of Extremeskins fans there.

duh, sorry I'm brain dead today, been spray painting a fence so I've been breathing fumes LOL. Forgot you were in Atlanta, you need to go to the tailgate if they have one in Atlanta this year, lots of Extremeskins fans there.

Believe they call it "tagging" nowadays, Hap. Oh, and glad you've only got mental issues like the rest of us. :)

Haha thanx skinsFTW...lol you can dish it out but can't take it eh koolblue..haha pass that this way

Nice one hap..ya had me going for a minute ...glad to hear it's not serious

wtf are you saying? Did you have a stroke? I can't understand **** you post anymore.

wtf are you saying? Did you have a stroke? I can't understand **** you post anymore.

I didn't quite understand it either, but I believe he was referring to the post you made (3rd post) about the team making a serious run to the super bowl this year and then your response to SkinsFTW was "think i'm nuts, fine". I don't get how that equates to "you can dish it out but you cant take it" though :lol:

We should send an envoy consisting of Cooleyfan1993, Stefanskins, Nfcbeasts4721 and Gregpeck99 to opposing teams message boards every week during the season...lull them into a false sense of security.

We should send an envoy consisting of Cooleyfan1993, Stefanskins, Nfcbeasts4721 and Gregpeck99 to opposing teams message boards every week during the season...lull them into a false sense of security.

did I just get put into a group with NFCBeasts4721?

I feel insulted... :huh:

Archived