Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

26 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That might be the least surprising thing I've heard in 2016. You should join a couple of teams in Austin and make a day of it once a weekend. I'm making an assumption that they might have better hockey but maybe not.

Would you be more surprised if I told you that the league is run by a former NHL player?

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That's THE same Piasano's?  I figure it was just a generic racist Italian name for the show.

Maybe it was just a generic racist Italian name.  I always just assumed it was the chain, but thinking about it, I don't think I ever saw their logo on the show.  I guess I figured it was a unique enough name that it wasn't generic, though I seem to recall Mario on the Super Mario Super Show referring to someone as a "Paisano" (as a slur?), so perhaps it's less unique than I'd figured.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Paisano's is hardly new.  In fact, Seinfeld had a storyline where George got in with Steinbrenner by bringing in Paisano's calzones every day for lunch.

Okay, so it's not native to the DMV, then...

Hey, pretty good way to put your name out there.  I would have a bite there just based on the ad.

Man, even after all the previous soul crushing playoff losses I think last year topped them all which is saying something. Mostly the same team though so I guess here we go. I just like hockey too much to stop watching even though at this point sorrow, anger and disappointment are almost guaranteed at some point May 2017.

13 hours ago, Springfield said:

So... the US ****ing sucks.  Jesus.  What a travesty.

I might be a bit off, but I read that 13/24 NA players are American.  Bodes well for the future...unless Torts is the coach and Lombardi is in charge of assembling the squad. 

I'm glad the US got spanked.  The team they put together was a joke. 

Archived