Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

How do they know that when we arent even mentioned in the tweet?

Every team has "insiders" :rolleyes:

I Sill don't think anyway really cares.

Yeah, not a big fan of his.

Two way contract says it all for me.  "We'll give you a shot but you're probably going to end up in Hershey"

Yeah, not a big fan of his.

Two way contract says it all for me.  "We'll give you a shot but you're probably going to end up in Hershey"

At 28 years old, I don't think he's got anywhere to go in terms of growth, unfortunately for him.  If he's a borderline AHL/4th Line guy right now, that's all he'll ever be.  At least he should be productive in Hershey though.

At 28 years old, I don't think he's got anywhere to go in terms of growth, unfortunately for him.  If he's a borderline AHL/4th Line guy right now, that's all he'll ever be.  At least he should be productive in Hershey though.

He's a good call up in a pinch.

Gonna be fun watching Chimera score a goal a game in the playoffs next year and carry the Isles to the ECF

So in the Nats thread you preach that getting into the playoffs every year is great because getting there anything can happen. Here, you **** that making the playoffs doesn't mean ****.

Are you bipolar?

So in the Nats thread you preach that getting into the playoffs every year is great because getting there anything can happen. Here, you **** that making the playoffs doesn't mean ****.

Are you bipolar?

Doesn't matter what the Caps do. But when players leave the Caps, they shine. See Eric Fehr, Troy Brouwer, etc. This club is hexed.

Doesn't matter what the Caps do. But when players leave the Caps, they shine. See Eric Fehr, Troy Brouwer, etc. This club is hexed.

Come on... Fehr wasn't very good last year for the Pens, he was much better with us.

Brouwer was excellent in the playoffs for the Blues but they weren't having him in the regular season.

Frankly it's irresponsible to give an old man whose game is built around speed long money.  I'm glad we didn't.

You're anger is in the right place but you're facts are a bit mixed up.

I think most of the league got better today.  We didn't.  That's where you can be upset.  I'll continue to say last year was the year.  We didn't "blow it," Pens were just better.

Where does Connolly fit?  4th line?  3rd RW with Eller?  850K for 1 year is peanuts, which is good though, if he can provide better than bare minimum production.  With our bottom 6 needing help, he'll have plenty of opportunities to show he deserves to rejuvenate his career.

Mike Latta signs with the Kings.

Where does Connolly fit?  4th line?  3rd RW with Eller?  850K for 1 year is peanuts, which is good though, if he can provide better than bare minimum production.  With our bottom 6 needing help, he'll have plenty of opportunities to show he deserves to rejuvenate his career.

He fits in the parking lot.

****ing awful move.  I even tweeted GMBM who to get.

Based on today's prices, we're not getting an impact player unless it's via trade.

It's going to be someone from the farm.

Sorry I'm ho hum guys...

This is what the end of the window looks like, though...

Right now we're just signing busts from the 2011 draft on the cheap, hoping for some kind of turnaround. 

Christian Thomas and Brian Connolly... some Vinny Cerrato **** going on right now.

Well, it's a little better than Vinny.  Vinny would have given Connolly 4 years, 10 million, and forced whatever coach we had at the time to put him on the 3rd line to hope we got production.  We'd spend two years digging deep into advanced stats looking for light, and ultimately do something like buy him out to get another overrated player.

I dunno, no big splashes, but Connolly, if he can pull 25 points this year, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as a 4th RW.  Very much 4th liner JAG, but I'll take a half-way consistent JAG who puts up 25 points over...whatever we had back there.

Probably also signals Wilson getting off the 4th line.  Maybe.  I mean, Connolly is a RW, and I don't think you let him hop over Wilson who you just re-upped for 2 years, so...does Wilson get slotted into 2nd line or 3rd now?  Either way, maybe more production out of him to come?

Hopefully...?

Brouwer was fa why didn't we sign him back he had good postseason and was gritty in front of the net which we need

I just don't under stand man

McLellan wants a different kind of player, man.

Brouwer is a **** most of the time.  Can't pay someone like that based off a couple of games.

Well, it's a little better than Vinny.  Vinny would have given Connolly 4 years, 10 million, and forced whatever coach we had at the time to put him on the 3rd line to hope we got production.  We'd spend two years digging deep into advanced stats looking for light, and ultimately do something like buy him out to get another overrated player.

I dunno, no big splashes, but Connolly, if he can pull 25 points this year, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as a 4th RW.  Very much 4th liner JAG, but I'll take a half-way consistent JAG who puts up 25 points over...whatever we had back there.

Probably also signals Wilson getting off the 4th line.  Maybe.  I mean, Connolly is a RW, and I don't think you let him hop over Wilson who you just re-upped for 2 years, so...does Wilson get slotted into 2nd line or 3rd now?  Either way, maybe more production out of him to come?

Hopefully...?

They're all headed for Hershey.

This team doesn't have the money to sign a big piece (not that we need one).  The holes will be filled via the farm system, which is how it should be... just rough.  I'd rather not have youngins playing on the 3rd and 4th line.  Just my preference.

Then they were better, because the playoffs are the only thing that matter. Nobody cares about regular season success.

Then the NHL should have all 30 teams make the playoffs. Better yet, let's rest players and cancel the regular season and just play playoff games.

BTW, you will never convince me they were better. Never, ever.

LOLOLOLOL...Montreal signing Alex Radulov.

But yea...PK was a problem.

These are both VERY good reads...and I do put a lot of credence into the latter link.

Mismanagement and a lack of vision plague Canada’s NHL teams

Race the elephant in room of P.K. Subban deal between Canadiens and Predators

Man. Might as well bring Semin back.

Radulov is a great player, if he could stay clean and actually bother playing the sport.

The old Semin is dead, new Semin is done.  Guy has 23 points in 72 games over the last two years.  Fell off the cliff.  Sad situation, but thems the breaks.  Can't look back.  If they're over 30, they better come at the right price, and still appear to have something in the tank; Semin doesn't meet the latter, might not meet the former.

Archived