Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

Montreal wins on that trade.

I don't think anyone disagrees. Seth Jones and their captain Shea Weber traded for a 3C and an offensive D. Makes no sense fro Nashville. But PK just spent $10M on a pediatric wing for a Montreal hospital.  From a PR standpoint, it doesn't make sense for the Habs either. I don't think Weber massively upgrades the Habs.

Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson doesn't make any sense either. Wild day in the NHL...

I don't think they did at all.

He needs to look at the article I posted.  Shea Weber is older and in no way a better hockey player than PK Subban right now.  On top of it all, when both players contracts expire, Subban will be in his early 30's and Weber will be 41. 

Moronic deal. 

I do think NJ got the better of the trade, I just don't see it as lopsided as some say.  Been looking at reactions online and most are comparing Hall's points/scoring with Larsson's points/scoring.  I'm not sure you should do that.  Others will probably bring up advanced stats, but I don't really get into that.

The Oilers probably could've traded Nugent-Hopkins or Eberle, as that may have been more of a fair trade, but they got a 6-3, 205lb stay at home defenseman who will be on the top line getting about 23-28 minutes a game. Name one other defender on the Oilers that is really worth a ****?

Salary-wise, Devils get Hall at 6 million a year and Oilers save $2 million a year with Larsson.  Maybe they use that for Lucic, which is the rumor. 

But this is typical Charelli- move young scoring guys and get the short end of the deal.  Wish he'd send one of those forwards to us for Orpik.

How could the Caps NOT at least try to get in on that????

Send Orpik or Orlov for Hall and LOVE it.

I don't think they did at all.

Agree.  As you said Weber is older AND his contract means he gets over 7 million a year for rest of his contract.

Subban younger and better contract numbers.

I've never liked Subban. I'm one of the ones who he's rubbed the wrong way.

For doing what exactly? 

How could the Caps NOT at least try to get in on that????

Send Orpik or Orlov for Hall and LOVE it.

Agree.  As you said Weber is older AND his contract means he gets over 7 million a year for rest of his contract.

Subban younger and better contract numbers.

And Subban is a far better player. 

For doing what exactly?

Cant quite put my finger on it. I believe he's overrated because he plays in Montreal. I don't think he's top flight defensively, and while he's offensively productive I don't value him over a guy like Green or Carlson.

He's good, I just think he's a bit overrated. Kinda like Green was (by other teams) during his time here.

I think Alzner is 10x the defenseman that Subban is, thus Weber probably is as well.

I know I'm not changing anyone's opinions here. I just have never been that big on Subban.

Cant quite put my finger on it. I believe he's overrated because he plays in Montreal. I don't think he's top flight defensively, and while he's offensively productive I don't value him over a guy like Green or Carlson.

He's good, I just think he's a bit overrated. Kinda like Green was (by other teams) during his time here.

I think Alzner is 10x the defenseman that Subban is, thus Weber probably is as well.

I know I'm not changing anyone's opinions here. I just have never been that big on Subban.

Can't really speak on Green/Carlson in comparison to Subban...but you might want to check the link I posted when comparing him to Weber.  Subban is the superior player. 

*Edit....I'd take Subban over Carlson any day of the week. 

I love PK.  He's a top 10 player in the league in my opinion.  Habs are stupid and will reap what they so.  But they're no strangers to putting it all on Carey Price.  :rolleyes:

A lot of folks on Caps twitter seem to think something is brewing between the Caps and the Avs based on this tweet:

James MirtleVerified account @mirtle 49m49 minutes ago

Sounds like Colorado has something big brewing.

532 retweets 357 likes

A lot of folks on Caps twitter seem to think something is brewing between the Caps and the Avs based on this tweet:

James MirtleVerified account ‏@mirtle 49m49 minutes ago

Sounds like Colorado has something big brewing.

532 retweets 357 likes

I think I saw speculation on literally every team in the comments.  Will be interesting to see who ends up being involved.  What could we be dealing anyway.  Top 6 and Holtby should be locked, plus top 3 defensemen, so what do we have left to move that's "big?"

Picks plus a 3rd liner, or maybe Samsonov?  If we move Vrana or Bowey I'm gonna be a very salty sailor.

Maybe we can move Orpik!

I think I saw speculation on literally every team in the comments.  Will be interesting to see who ends up being involved.  What could we be dealing anyway.  Top 6 and Holtby should be locked, plus top 3 defensemen, so what do we have left to move that's "big?"

Picks plus a 3rd liner, or maybe Samsonov?  If we move Vrana or Bowey I'm gonna be a very salty sailor.

Maybe we can move Orpik!

Who would we be getting back?  Outside of Duchene or MacKinnon, I dunno what we'd be looking at...

Besides, both dudes are centers...

Someone joke tweeted "Orpik, Wilson, and a 1 for Duchene and Barrie" and I literally almost passed out until I saw he was joking.

Then I was just pissed.

Might be Evander Kane to the Avs.  That's picking up steam.

Archived