Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2016

JamesMadisonSkins

I've been doing the auction in my main league for 4 years now. Sometimes guys get bid early and over priced but other times they go cheaper than they would because people want to save early for big targets. IMO there's no real predictor either way so it's just league dependent. I used to nominate guys I didn't want early, but now I find its more important to just go for who you want regardless so your draft strategy can play out properly

1 hour ago, Bonez3 said:

1st pick in a WR scoring league (7 pts for REC TD, vs 5 pts for RUSH TD). 10 teams...

Gurley or Antonio???

That's a no brainer one there. You go Brown, no question. Steelers will put up boatloads of points, as they always do. Rams are starting Case Keenum. Need I say more? ...And yes, I'm aware the Rams had horrible qb play last year, too. Doesn't matter. You go Brown. Especially in a league that favors WR scoring.

57 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

That's a no brainer one there. You go Brown, no question. Steelers will put up boatloads of points, as they always do. Rams are starting Case Keenum. Need I say more? ...And yes, I'm aware the Rams had horrible qb play last year, too. Doesn't matter. You go Brown. Especially in a league that favors WR scoring.

My concern is coming back around at round 2-3... There are a lot of WR's and the RBs expected to be there suck. But yea, maybe I'll just commit to WR and hope to catch lightening in later rounds with RB. Thanks. Feeling like I might jump on a Mike Evans or Cooks to combine with Brown and grab a stable back, maybe Lacy or Charles if he falls because this league is WR favored.

Am I the only one down on Brown this year?  I just can't see drafting him #1 overall at ALL.  Too many question marks, IMO.  With Bryant no longer taking looks on the other side of the field, DeAngelo another year older, and Leveon one more screw up from missing the entire season, I just don't see any other weapons on that offense.  If defenses are solely focused on him, I still think he'll get so much volume he'll be solid, but no WAY I'm drafting him #1 overall.   Just my $.02.

Well, My draft is Saturday. It's a 12 team 1 point PPR league and I need some help with the #5 overall pick I hold. This is also a Keeper league and as a result I am losing my 2nd (DeAndre Hopkins) & 10th (DeAngelo Williams) round selections. The obvious logical choices will be gone by #5 with the possible exception of AJ Green whom nobody kept for some reason. AP and Lamar Miller are also in play.

I am leaning towards Dez or Allen Robinson with a slight nod towards Dez because of TD potential...

What would you do? Lose out on the few true workhorse RB's or go Dez or Robinson.

9 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Personally, in a PPR league, I value the RB that gets a lot of receptions.  Id probably go David Johnson at #1, then grab the best WR left at #20, and at #21 go either best RB, WR, QB out there.

At #20/21 there will be plenty of excellent players left to pick.  For the 21st pick I would base it on drafting trends by the other teams.

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Personally, in a PPR league, I value the RB that gets a lot of receptions.  Id probably go David Johnson at #1, then grab the best WR left at #20, and at #21 go either best RB, WR, QB out there.

At #20/21 there will be plenty of excellent players left to pick.  For the 21st pick I would base it on drafting trends by the other teams.

If you're taking David Johnson at the no. 1 pick,  i have a spot for you in my league. 

I think in the ES league we need to have the budget for free agent adds that start on Wednesday and also add another WR to the starting lineup.  Last year, having only 2 WR start pretty much had a legit starter on the bench every week.  And also i think reducing the bench size would make it more interesting to force people make serious cuts in the middle of the season.

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It was Ok advice until you included QB as option at 3.1.  Don't even consider QB until the 4.12 or 5.1 and then only if it is a top 3 QB.

14 minutes ago, nonniey said:

It was Ok advice until you included QB as option at 3.1.  Don't even consider QB until the 4.12 or 5.1 and then only if it is a top 3 QB.

Ok.....read what I actually said.  Which was considering a QB at 21 depending on the trending of the draft.  Meaning if people start pulling the trigger earlier than when you think a QB should go and considering taking one.

Critcize all you want, Ive taken the top QB in the second round before and won the league.  Its all a gamble anyhow, along with drafting players that should be hit with easy matchups weeks 14-17 and also depends on scoring across the board.

I'm pretty confident in my ability to draft, Ive only won my big money league twice and won money two other years (regular season winner and runner up) 4 times in the last 5 years :)

Any interest here in doing a seasonal DraftKings league? You can set up your own league on the site now and make the weekly entry fee pretty much whatever you want, even free. Depending on the league size and if there's money involved, the weekly payout structure can be winner take all, top 3, top 5, 50/50... I could set up the league if there's interest, or I'd be interested to join one if there's already one going. Personally, I'm not looking to play big stakes. Just for fun with a little bit of cash on the line. I was thinking somewhere between a 1-5 dollar entry fee per week. 

As far as I can tell, the league creation process is tied to sending out invites when you create the league (so you'd need a DK account). Also, I'm not totally sure, but I think the contests might not run if all invitees don't join on a given week. It would be a 'if you're in, you're in' kind of thing. Another thing I'm not sure of is if you would pay weekly or up front, I'm assuming weekly. Depending on interest, I could email DK support and get the ins and outs how it all works. I think it could be a cool way to play DK with a smaller group of people, and give everyone better odds of making a little money over the season. 

ETA: I don't want to clutter the thread with daily stuff, so maybe just DM me so I can tell if anyone's interested, or if you know of a similar league looking for people.

6 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

David Johnson had 3 legit weeks last year.  He doesn't deserve #1 slot

He was decent as a 3rd down RB. Borderline flex spot type play. Then he had 3 great games down the stretch. He's a tough one. Could have a fall off year and be a total bust, but he's got the size and pedigree to Emerge aS the next 3 down monster. He had a lot of love coming out of college. 

But it is he worth the #1 pick? He's the definition of boom or bust. I still go Brown and Gurley over him. Maybe even Elliott. But after that he's probably the top RB to take. 

We're allowed to keep 2 players and potentially sell one to increase out salary cap. Guy in my league just offered me a last minute $6 for Jordan Reed ... so he could keep him for $20 + the $6 transfer fee for a total of $26. My cap would increase from $220 base to $226. I'm keeping David Johnson ($20) and Todd Gurley ($20) ... so my starting cap after that would be $180 ... $186 if I make this deal.

Question is, one of my 4-5 strategies depending on how the draft unfolds is to try to get Reed back. I'd be willing to pay $20-25 for him in a re-buy. If I don't sell him to this guy, he will be in the re-draft obviously.

Is the $6 in cap increase worth missing out on potentially getting Reed? I'd say there's a 15-20% chance my draft strategy allows me to go that high on Reed. Just curious what your all thoughts are. Outside of Reed, there's no one besides Cousins that Id likely get on my squad this year (and Cousins would likely be a backup) Reed is my only real shot at being a fanboy this year in fantasy ... but maybe that's not the best reason to go for him anyway.

On the flip side, that $6 bump to my cap could help me accomplish a number of my other strategies.

On 8/21/2016 at 7:45 AM, LetThePointsSoar said:

Am I the only one down on Brown this year?  I just can't see drafting him #1 overall at ALL.  Too many question marks, IMO.  With Bryant no longer taking looks on the other side of the field, DeAngelo another year older, and Leveon one more screw up from missing the entire season, I just don't see any other weapons on that offense.  If defenses are solely focused on him, I still think he'll get so much volume he'll be solid, but no WAY I'm drafting him #1 overall.   Just my $.02.

Dude is going to get 200+ targets this year as long as Ben stays healthy.  He had 193 targets/136 receptions with Roethlisberger missing 4 games last year.

It will not be a shock to anybody if he has close to 150 receptions.  Roethlisberger feeds him the ball like no other. 

19 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We're allowed to keep 2 players and potentially sell one to increase out salary cap. Guy in my league just offered me a last minute $6 for Jordan Reed ... so he could keep him for $20 + the $6 transfer fee for a total of $26. My cap would increase from $220 base to $226. I'm keeping David Johnson ($20) and Todd Gurley ($20) ... so my starting cap after that would be $180 ... $186 if I make this deal.

Question is, one of my 4-5 strategies depending on how the draft unfolds is to try to get Reed back. I'd be willing to pay $20-25 for him in a re-buy. If I don't sell him to this guy, he will be in the re-draft obviously.

Is the $6 in cap increase worth missing out on potentially getting Reed? I'd say there's a 15-20% chance my draft strategy allows me to go that high on Reed. Just curious what your all thoughts are. Outside of Reed, there's no one besides Cousins that Id likely get on my squad this year (and Cousins would likely be a backup) Reed is my only real shot at being a fanboy this year in fantasy ... but maybe that's not the best reason to go for him anyway.

On the flip side, that $6 bump to my cap could help me accomplish a number of my other strategies.

There are other tight ends out there, and Reed isn't a lock to play 12 games, let alone 16.  I would sell him off - it's basically free money.

If I have the #1 pick I'm going Brown ... there's just not another option ... especially in half or full PPR leagues. He just dominated last year.

13 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

There are other tight ends out there, and Reed isn't a lock to play 12 games, let alone 16.  I would sell him off - it's basically free money.

Agreed, to a certain extent. But he was such a boss on the field when he was healthy. He dominated last year, and I think if he's healthy he can do just as well if not better. But you're right, injury concerns, and TE being a devalued position ... etc. He'd probably cost $30 to buy new in this league, considering there are 5-6 Redskins fans who I know love Reed. Ironically this is a Pats fan who's trying to get Reed instead of buying Gronk off some other guy in the league for $55. I would be willing to go $25 max on Reed but if he were to go more than that, I'm out ... and there's a good chance he does, so this would be a free $6 to just give him to this other guy.

Archived