Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2016

JamesMadisonSkins

And the lesson we take from this years FF class is don't listen to ANYTHING Yahoo have to say! 

They rated my draft a D-. The ONLY D they gave out for our leagues draft. Oh how everyone in our live draft mocked when I picked Zeke at third overall. (Antonio Brown and DeAndre Hopkins went 1/2 respectively.). 6 of that draft started the Championship game. 

They predicted I'd finish 10 of 12 with a 5-9 record. Scoring the lowest points in the process of anyone at 1503.97. 

But what do THEY know ..... ?

Finished 3rd in the regular season with a 9-5 record and the second highest points scored total at 1778.10. 

Knocked off the #2 seed and highest points scorers (10-4/ 1806.10) to win the semi-final 109.82- 92.04. My second win against him this year for what was his first loss in 7 games. After his last loss to me. Yahoo predicted he'd win it all on draft day with a 12-4 regular season record. 

Knocked off the #1 seed (11-3) for the second time in 2 meets this year (his last loss was also to moi :D) to win the Championship game 125.56- 92.72. Yahoo had him losing the Championship game after a 11-3 regular season record so at least they got SOMETHING right! :P.

My and the leagues MVP- Ezekiel Elliott with 325.40 points. NOBODY is mocking that pick any more ..... 

Honourable mention to another Cowboy, Dak Prescott, whom they also mocked I took to safeguard Brady's suspension. He finished my second highest points scorer with 288.50. 

All this in a PPR League where my core playmakers most all year were: 

QB. Tom Brady/ Prescott. 

RB. Zeke/ Tevin Coleman/ Terrance West.

WR. T.Y. Hilton/ Tyrell Williams and the rooks Sterling Shepard/ Will Fuller.

TE. Greg Olsen and the MASSIVELY disappointing, injury riddled Jordan Reed. Yeah, NOT making that mistake EVER again! 

GHH- Ripping up and rewriting the form book and then some! :D.

Congratulations Fantasy Champion!

Standings

Not too shabby a 5 year record of playing FF. 

After back-to-back horrendous 4-10 losing seasons, to bounce back and become the first two time winner in our ES League feels brilliant! 

To do it when nobody gave me a chance feels freaking AWESOME BABY! :beavisnbutthead:

HAIL! 

Held on to win my league by 11. I was up 38 and he had Elliott and Tate. I was nervous when Elliott broke off that big run. I knew that big plays would be what it took to beat me. But the cowboys played it safe with Elliott the rest of the way and Tate was meh at the right time. I did lose my other league, but it was for fun. This one was for the money!  

And GHH, you are correct about Yahoo and their grades. They suck. NFL.com and ESPN are the same way.  I was picked to finish last or near last in all 3 and  made it to the championship in all 3. The lesson for everyone is don't trust rankings and predictions alone. They are just guesses. The best advice I heard came last year when some fantasy gurus said to seek out information not just rankings. So try to find out why a guy is ranked at a certain spot. That is the key piece of information.

I got bounced round 1 of my cousins league but squeaked by in my league and held on for the victory.  I created the 8 team league five seasons ago, finished second place in the championship in 2012 losing to my cousin, went 3-10 and no playoffs in 2013 and 2014, to finally finishing 11-2 winning the regular season and championship game in 2015.

This year, I was projected to finish 2nd overall.  I finished 10-3 (1st place in the regular season) and got extremely lucky throughout the entire playoffs.  Since it's 8 teams, we put 6 in the playoffs with the two top seeds getting a first round bye.  The bye week, my team put up a league low 88.85 total points.  Next week I played my dad, I beat him by 2.55 points.  I was projected to win by 10+ points, but I got 0 points from my defense, 1.90 from my TE and Derick Carr crapped the bed and got me only 18.65 points.  Going into the last games, he was winning, I stopped looking.  Woke up the next morning to find out that his last couple of players under achieved and I won.

Championship game against one of my good friends, who entered the league in 2013 (his first FF league and the only one he is in), earned the #1 seed his first year and the #3, #2 and #2 seeds since then.  But he has had the worst luck, player injuries crippling his teams right before the playoffs and his team under performing just one game and him getting knocked out.  I thought this year was his year.  

He was projected to win 183.78 to 158.29.  Going into the Saturday afternoon games, he was destroying me and projected for an easy win, almost 30 points.  He wasn't convinced when we were texting back and forth.  He actually asked if I wanted to in 50/50 on the winnings ($20 entry - 8 teams - $160; 1st place regular season gets $30, 2nd place in championship gets $30, league champ gets $100).  I was already going to win $60 (1st place reg. season, runner up in championship) and couldn't figure out why he wanted to go in halves.  

Before I went to bed that night, I was now projected to win by 4-5 points.  Got home towards the end of the second qtr of the Steelers game on Sunday and everything shifted towards me, 60% chance of winning.  Then ****ing Antonio Brown scores a TD (gets him 7 points - PPR league) with 9 seconds left and he's back on top, 65% chance to win.  Didn't watch the Denver/Chiefs game.  Woke up yesterday morning, saw that his last remaining player Demaryius Thomas had a horrible game and that I had won the league again.  

19 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I would say next year for our ES league. lets introduce a $10 buy in.

Is it Yahoo?  I'd pass on that only - just a crappy FFL program.  Check out the Fuzzy or Masters of Fantasy Football systems find out who provides them them their programs.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Is it Yahoo?  I'd pass on that only - just a crappy FFL program.  Check out the Fuzzy or Masters of Fantasy Football systems find out who provides them them their programs.

Why is Yahoo crappy?  I find nothing wrong with it, been using it almost exclusively since 2003.  They have it set up for pay leagues so it's easier to collect money from people.  Don't have to hassle to collect dues.  You put the required amount into your wallet (or whatever they call it) from your credit card and if you are the winner, they will transfer to your pay pal account.  

Drafts are easy.  Interface is easy. 

6 hours ago, MLSKINS said:

Anyway, I think that's it as far as me running ESII. I would love if someone could take it over for me.

You just quit that talk fool! You got us all into this mess. You're there until the bitter end! Or we all die. Or whichever comes first! 

4 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I would say next year for our ES league. lets introduce a $10 buy in.

Sounds reasonable. I can go with that. 

Hail. 

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Why is Yahoo crappy?  I find nothing wrong with it, been using it almost exclusively since 2003.  They have it set up for pay leagues so it's easier to collect money from people.  Don't have to hassle to collect dues.  You put the required amount into your wallet (or whatever they call it) from your credit card and if you are the winner, they will transfer to your pay pal account.  

Drafts are easy.  Interface is easy. 

Take the drafts for example sure they are easy but it is not easy to track the draft round by round and track what your competitors are doing or will likely do (Best I've seen is Fuzzy's drafts which have the entire draft displayed in a chart) Research is very subpar when it comes to Free Agents (My fantasyfootball system is best I've seen for research).  The default scoring (Which commissioners can fix with a little work) is ridiculous (not as bad as ESPN though) default scoring really should be a broadly used standard (return yard points are not standard).  I guess you just have to try some others to see what you are missing.

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You just quit that talk fool! You got us all into this mess. You're there until the bitter end! Or we all die. Or whichever comes first! 

When you're right... You're right. Okay, I'm back in. lol

I wouldn't mind a $10 buy in.

And Yahoo is fine. Their App game is strong. But NFL.com?!?! Never again. I'm done with them.

Winner winner, chicken dinner. Took my main league title at 10-3, 1st place, 1st in points, and won the title to finish 12-3 and take home $818 for 1st place and $140 for points prizes throughout the season for a $958 prize.

Still not satisfied, I've spent the last 2 days thinking about how this season would have been if only I had kept Le'Veon Bell for $45 instead of Todd Gurley for $20. I could have traded Gurley for $30 pre-draft (person would have spent $50 on him, essentially), which would have negated the difference in keeping Bell ... but I didn't do it. And I'm an idiot. I still won the league, but now my two keepers are looking to be David Johnson ($45) and Melvin Gordon ($20) ... instead of Bell ($50) and Johnson ($45) and going into next season as a dominant favorite again. Oh well.

Also ... as much as I loved Gordon this year, he's got to be the guy going into next year that everyone expects to fall off, right? With Woodhead back at least? I mean he's probably a 12-15 ranked RB but definitely not Top 5, unless the Chargers make him a true 3 down back. Still a good value at $20 for me to keep him, but being able to pair Bell with Johnson for the next few years, even at high keeper tags, would be crazy.

On 12/27/2016 at 8:06 PM, nonniey said:

Take the drafts for example sure they are easy but it is not easy to track the draft round by round and track what your competitors are doing or will likely do (Best I've seen is Fuzzy's drafts which have the entire draft displayed in a chart) Research is very subpar when it comes to Free Agents (My fantasyfootball system is best I've seen for research).  The default scoring (Which commissioners can fix with a little work) is ridiculous (not as bad as ESPN though) default scoring really should be a broadly used standard (return yard points are not standard).  I guess you just have to try some others to see what you are missing.

Most of your criticisms of yahoo,  especially about the draft,  don't ring true.   I can see the draft, live,  team by team,  round by round or my team by position with one click.   

For matchups,  the app gives you the rating of the opposing defense against that players position,  i can filter stats several ways. 

All of this,  and the screen doesn't look like a 3 year old tried to cram as much as poosible onto one page and pop up ads. 

8 hours ago, Major Harris said:

Most of your criticisms of yahoo,  especially about the draft,  don't ring true.   I can see the draft, live,  team by team,  round by round or my team by position with one click.   

For matchups,  the app gives you the rating of the opposing defense against that players position,  i can filter stats several ways. 

All of this,  and the screen doesn't look like a 3 year old tried to cram as much as poosible onto one page and pop up ads. 

Exactly you just said you can see round by round with one click. On the better draft sites you can see everything without a click.  You don't have to dig to see what everyone is doing on yahoo you do, just as you stated. Yahoo is subpar just try Fuzzy's with a cheap playoff league (10or12 team draft ) then come back to me. It will open your eyes at how much better it is than Yahoo.

25 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Exactly you just said you can see round by round with one click. On the better draft sites you can see everything without a click.  You don't have to dig to see what everyone is doing on yahoo you do, just as you stated. Yahoo is subpar just try Fuzzy's with a cheap playoff league (10or12 team draft ) then come back to me. It will open your eyes at how much better it is than Yahoo.

It's not even actually a click,  but a tab. 

Again,  i don't want the whole draft on my screen.   Too much noise. 

Plus let's be honest.  Online drafts are 2nd rate anyways.  Live drafts with wings and beer is the real way. 

6 hours ago, Major Harris said:

It's not even actually a click,  but a tab. 

Again,  i don't want the whole draft on my screen.   Too much noise. 

Plus let's be honest.  Online drafts are 2nd rate anyways.  Live drafts with wings and beer is the real way. 

I really recommend you see what I'm talking about. Yahoo is actually busier I really recommend you try a Fuzzy draft or even mock draft next summer (they are free) it will open you eyes on how subpar places like Yahoo and ESPN really are.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

I really recommend you see what I'm talking about. Yahoo is actually busier I really recommend you try a Fuzzy draft or even mock draft next summer (they are free) it will open you eyes on how subpar places like Yahoo and ESPN really are.

Maybe I'll give it a shot on a side league.   Do they have public leagues? 

3 hours ago, Major Harris said:

Maybe I'll give it a shot on a side league.   Do they have public leagues? 

The mock drafts are free the leagues are all premium though ranging from $25-$1500.  Best payout %s of all commercial online leagues as far as I've seen.

23 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

What are you other options and do you need a homerun or safe play? I need a homerun so I'm playing him. 

WR. Ty Montgomerry, Tyrell Williams, Dez Bryant, Tyrek hill

Dez is going to get limited snaps, and have Ty Montgomery listed as my wr.

my RBs are: B Powell (but he is questionable), Jerick Mckinnon, Jaquez Rogers, Alfred Blue

So far I'm starting 

Alfred Blue

rogers

mckinnon 

wr

Ty Montgomery

Tyrell Williams

Archived