Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2016

JamesMadisonSkins

Is David Johnson really as sure-fire as he's being made out to be?  I worry with the backs behind him who saw success last season.  Could be an injury away from letting someone else take over.  I have to choose between him and Jordy Nelson as my keeper.  Nelson's proven to be a top WR in the league and you know Aaron's gonna feed him this season after the way the Packers offense sputtered without him last season.  At the same time, he's coming off of a devastating injury that made him miss all of last season and he hasn't made a preseason appearance yet.  Seems

Had 2 drafts over the weekend, what do you guys think?

Team 1: 12-team PPR Keeper. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T, 1 K, 1 DST. All TDs are 6 points. Had the 4th pick. Also a 1 round Rookie Draft.

QB - Brees (4)

RB - Lacy (2,K), Duke Johnson (5), Gore (6), Ivory (8), Crowell (9), Washington (14)

WR - Julio (1), Jeffery (7,K), Hilton (3), Coleman (R), RMatthews (10)

TE - Barnidge (11), Thomas (12)

K - Crosby (15)

DST - Rams (13)

Team 2: 12-team PPR. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 W/R/T, 1 K, 1 DST. All TDs are 6 points. 5th pick.

QB - Brees (6), Winston (15)

RB - Ingram (2), Forte (4), Yeldon (8), Ivory (9), Powell (11)

WR - Julio (1), Hilton (3), Fitzgerald (5), Lockett (7), MThomas (12)

TE - Bennett (10), McDonald (16)

K - Tucker (14)

DST - Chiefs (13)

2 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I'm liking me some T.Y. and the Colts passing this year. Their D is atrocious, as is their running game. I see 6000 yards for Luck and 50 TD's. 

I phit you not

I like Hilton a lot, clearly lol. He was WR23 in PPR last year with Matt Hasselbeck at QB. No way he doesn't improve those numbers this season with Luck back. And it's not like their run game is anything special, so I think they'll throw a ton. Hilton and Moncrief could both end up in the Top 15-20 this year and I wouldn't be surprised.

34 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I'm liking me some T.Y. and the Colts passing this year. Their D is atrocious, as is their running game. I see 6000 yards for Luck and 50 TD's. 

I phit you not

Their OL is atrocious too...

Have a good feeling about DeAndre Washington. He was on waivers so I scooped him up. You guys buying Washington this year?

8 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Their OL is atrocious too...

Have a good feeling about DeAndre Washington. He was on waivers so I scooped him up. You guys buying Washington this year?

Definitely high on Washington. Not really sold on Murray this year and think Washington takes over at some point, or at the very least can give you Flex value in a PPR.

DeAndre Washington is on my list of guys to grab late and stash. I've found myself grabbing a lot of him, Christine Michael and Chris Thompson in the last rounds of drafts as my RB5. If not at that point, he should be an early target for WW. He seems like he could be a David Johnson type back this year. Start out as a 3DB/passing down RB, then take over around mid-season and blow up. May be tough to sit on him for too long with the Byes and such ... but otherwise you risk someone else grabbing him or losing out on WW when the time comes.

Interesting first big money draft tonight ... I ended up taking guys with my first 3 picks that weren't "targets" but couldn't pass on the value ... Had Gurley (4th) and Robinson (6th) as my keepers. 

QB: Blake Bortles, Matt Stafford

RB: Todd Gurley, Lamar Miller, CJ Anderson, Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, Christine Michael

WR: Allen Robinson, Dez Bryant, Jarvis Landry, John Brown, Chris Hogan

TE: Gary Barnidge

It's half point PPR and with the W/R and W/T flex you can only start 3 total RBs. I ended up loading up on RBs as I felt they could act as trade bait down the line because the WR values just weren't there after I took Brown. Dez in the 1st, Miller in the 2nd and Anderson in the 3rd were my unexpected picks. Didn't expect them around so didn't plan to target them. Understand the risk with Dez with injury, and just not enamored with Lamar Miller but at #13 pick as my RB2 I was ok with it. Same with CJ as my W/R flex with my 3rd

Damn you're loaded JMS. I regret missing out on Christine Michael. I had him queued up and someone took him a round before I planned on snagging him. We could be drafting C. Mike real early next season if he explodes. 

Took my first gamble. I picked up Steeler's TE Jesse James and dropped Rashad Jennings. Ben is looking his way in the redzone and think he could have a nice year. 

No PPR league. WR's get 7 points for TD's, RB 5 point and QB 4 points.... Yardage bonuses, 10 team

Brees/Rivers (start 1)

Demarco Murray/Ryan Mathews/Ivory/Yeldon (start 2)

Antonio Brown/Mike Evans/Jordy/Snead/Wheaton (start 3)

Olsen/Graham (start 1)

Walsh/Hopkins

Rams/Vikings

I know, I killed it right??!!

Had another draft last night. 12-team .5 PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T, 1 K, 1 DST

QB - Brady (8), Ryan (13)

RB - Freeman (1), Bernard (5), Gordon (6), Foster (7), Thompson (17)

WR - Bryant (2), Landry(3), Maclin (4), TSmith (10), MThomas (11), Fuller (14)

TE - Eifert (12), Allen (9)

K - Gano (16)

DST - Chiefs (15)

3 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Damn you're loaded JMS. I regret missing out on Christine Michael. I had him queued up and someone took him a round before I planned on snagging him. We could be drafting C. Mike real early next season if he explodes. 

Agreed. I think there's enough writing on the wall for him to get opportunities. The funny thing is we had Michael last year, and could really use him right now on the Skins! I saw a comment from a scout saying that Michael is the best measurable/size/speed/etc in a class with Elliot, Gurley, Peterson and Bell ... but he can't realize the potential ... and maybe he finally has. I guess we'll find out. I want him rostered on my teams though, just to be safe.

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Fancy --- I'm loving Gordon this year ... and Thompson could be a real sleeper.

I think Melvin Gordon has some nice upside. He's looked pretty solid in the preseason. I think he can be a nice RB2 this season and he's definitely a good value where he is currently being drafted.

2 hours ago, MattFancy said:

I think Melvin Gordon has some nice upside. He's looked pretty solid in the preseason. I think he can be a nice RB2 this season and he's definitely a good value where he is currently being drafted.

He's a perfect high-upside RB2 if you go WR heavy in the early rounds. Or in an auction draft, he's a very low-cost RB2 or RB3 or Flex play if you're looking for some upside for $6-12 ... which is about where I think he's going. I mean last year he was being drafted ahead of Gurley and as an RB2 ... sure he's not a perfect back, but he had an unglamorous rookie year. He wouldn't be the first to bust for a few years before breaking out. Heck, Marshawn was in a similar situation for a couple years in Buffalo before going to Seattle.

I was hoping to get Gordon with my 4-5th round double bubble, just missed. Love Gordon this year where's he's going.

i held out on RB and went QB, TE after going WR-WR-WR. Debated D. Murray, but ended up being there 20 picks later... With R. Mathews. Not upset with RBs given strategy 

11 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

so what should my strategy be in a 18 team auction league? 

18 teams is pretty tough. I'm honestly not sure what the cost breakdown should be ... but my strategy is ALWAYS build your roster from the bottom up. Find the sleepers you think could be breakout guys this year at the back-end of your WR and RB spots and allocate money for those guys ... then use whatever remaining dough you have to target some guys you like on the pricier end of the spectrum.

I'm doing that tonight with my big auction draft. I'm going in targeting Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon, Christine Michael, DeAndre Washington and Jeremy Langford as guys I want at my RB 3 4 and 5 spots. I'm doing similarly with John Brown, DeSean Jackson, Tajae Sharpe, Kevin White, Josh Gordon and Sterling Shepard at the WR 3/4/5 spots. I don't plan to spend more than $20-25 on my RB3/4/5 and $20-25 on my WR3/4/5 which leaves me the money I need to target my RB1/2 WR 1/2 TE and QB

Just finished my #1 league ... Auction ... the bragging rights big money league ... half point PPR ... 

QB: Drew Brees, Jameis Winston
RB: David Johnson (K), Todd Gurley (K), Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, Jr.
WR: Amari Cooper, Demaryius Thomas, DeSean Jackson, John Brown, Josh Gordon
TE: Gary Barnidge, Antonio Gates
DEF: Houston
K: Mason Crosby

Pretty happy with my squad and the upside on my bench ... start QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/R, W/R/T, TE, DEF, K, 6 BENCH

17 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

so what should my strategy be in a 18 team auction league? 

10 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just finished my #1 league ... Auction ... the bragging rights big money league ... half point PPR ... 

QB: Drew Brees, Jameis Winston
RB: David Johnson (K), Todd Gurley (K), Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, Jr.
WR: Amari Cooper, Demaryius Thomas, DeSean Jackson, John Brown, Josh Gordon
TE: Gary Barnidge, Antonio Gates
DEF: Houston
K: Mason Crosby

Pretty happy with my squad and the upside on my bench ... start QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/R, W/R/T, TE, DEF, K, 6 BENCH

How the hell  did  you get this team in an auction league? How many teams are there? This team makes no sense unless no one else showed up for the draft/auction.

Out of your 16 - In a snake draft you have the equivalent of :  two first round picks (Both top half of 1st too); 5 more picks that would go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds; and 4 more that would go rounds 4-8.

You are very strong at every position. Best RB corps, probably one of the top 3 WR  corps (maybe even the best), a top seven TE, a top 3-6 QB and great backup, a top 6 defense. Even your kicker is above average.

Strongest drafted team I've ever seen.

Archived