Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2016

JamesMadisonSkins

The Gurley piece was an ESPN feature article today. Just talked about how the stats Gurley got last year were once in a  4-5 year stretch to finish in the top 5 ... And basically said he's unlikely to repeat that this year without improved play around him. Now the article just set it up as something to be aware of. Was the first time I'd seen anything against him. 

As for David Johnson, he put up big numbers in the passing game last year and is in an explosive offense. Maybe hes being overvalued. And I'd agree I may not necessarily want to draft him at his current price, but at $20, that's RB15 territory. The value is too good. Plus he's got all the attributes you'd want. 

But good discussion all around. The key is to find the RBs that will finish in the top 10 who didn't last year. Historically and statistically, only 3-4 that finished here last year will this year. I think Murray is a good candidate to get back, and Elliott just has so much going for him. Bell is also dominant while he's on the field, which is why I'm okay targeting him again for the right price. 

I run a 12 team $200 ppr league and just got the #1 pick!  I hate having so many picks in between my 1st and 2nd pick, but I absolutely love picking 2 at a time.  Pretty sure I'm taking Antonio Brown.  It's so weird that a WR would go #1, but he's so valuable.

If there's an open spot in the ES league, I'd be interested fo sho.

53 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

I run a 12 team $200 ppr league and just got the #1 pick!  I hate having so many picks in between my 1st and 2nd pick, but I absolutely love picking 2 at a time.  Pretty sure I'm taking Antonio Brown.  It's so weird that a WR would go #1, but he's so valuable.

If there's an open spot in the ES league, I'd be interested fo sho.

Read a good article about PPR strategy this year and going WR-WR. You should draft Antonio Brown ... then target WR at #24 coming back, and then grab a RB at #25. Lots of time between picks, but that would be my approach. If you're lucky and there's a run on RBs, you may still get a guy like Brandin Cooks or Mike Evans there at #24.

Being PPR, I would also try to load up on guys later on like Danny Woodhead, Dion Lewis, Theo Riddick, etc. And take a flyer or two on late-round RBs that could break out like CJ Prosise in SEA, Paul Perkins in NYG, Kenneth Dixon in BMore.

Haha it's like you already know my strategery, @JamesMadisonSkins!  I actually did one mock where I went Brown/ARodg/J.Reed my first 3 picks.  I'd love a team with those guys, but I'd probably be short elsewhere.  I try to wait until later rounds to snag a QB, but just depends on the circumstances and the picks ahead of me. 

I'm all about the pass catching backs in PPR leagues.  Haven't had a bellcow stud in a few years.  I LOVE the dudes that will catch 5 balls out of the backfield, especially the guys you mentioned. 

8 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

I'm all about the pass catching backs in PPR leagues.  Haven't had a bellcow stud in a few years.  I LOVE the dudes that will catch 5 balls out of the backfield, especially the guys you mentioned. 

My two biggest money leagues are half point PPR ... which I like since it creates a value for the pass-catching RBs, but doesn't overvalue them too much. But at the end of the day, guys like Woodhead and Lewis and Bernard are typically safe bets, especially as RB2/3 and Flex territory. I'm planning to back-end my roster with Woodhead for real cheap if I can't land all the RBs I've got targeted earlier on. (of course, this is an auction league, so it's a bit more controllable than snake)

I created two teams using Fantasy Guru projections for PPG. They're always overinflated but the best out there, IMO.

Team 1:
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr
RB: David Johnson (K), Todd Gurley (K), Le'Veon Bell, DeMarco Murray
WR: Brandin Cooks, Randall Cobb, DeVante Parker, John Brown, Sterling Shepard, Kevin White
TE: Coby Fleener, Jimmy Graham
Spent: $214 of $220 cap

Team 2:
QB: Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins
RB: David Johnson (K), Todd Gurley (K), Ezekiel Elliot, Le'Veon Bell
WR: Randall Cobb, Doug Baldwin, DeVante Parker, John Brown, Sterling Shepard, Kevin White
TE: Coby Fleener, Jimmy Graham
Spent: $200 of $220

Both teams' starting rosters are projected to score 149.98 on the dot ... and if you say this roster is too stacked and unrealistic, it is at least possible due to my extremely cheap keeper costs of Gurley and Johnson. It's all dependent on whether or not Elliott goes for $50 (what I put in) or way more, which would likely have me target  Murray instead for Team 2 ... BUT ... would you rather build around Rodgers+Cooks+Cobb and still have stacked RBs, or get Elliot over Murray and put Carr or Cousins at QB over ROdgers and have a little more $$ to play with?

Now my weird ass keeper league.    THis league developed the scoring system in the 80s, pre-internet,   when you had to score things by hand with a pencil and a green eyeshade, and stats, other than scoring plays, were really spotty.   So our scoring method is ONLY based on TDs scored by your players.   (no negatives or positives for yards or catches, or interceptions or fumble or whatever).   

you get bonus points for scoring on long plays, and for scoring "out of position"  (so when RGIII ran in a 50 yard td, or when Matt jones takes a screen play all the way for 40 yards --- huge points)

anyway, its a keeper, (we can keep 8 players and one DST)

I am stacked at WR, pretty good at QB, and bumpkis for RB and TE

QB  

R Wilson X
D Carr  X

RB

D WilliamsX
M Forte  -X
A Ellington
C.J. Spiller

WR  

O BeckhamX
D Hopkins-X
S Watkins-X
A Hurns -X

TE

K Rudolph
J Cameron

K

B Walsh
D Bailey

DST

Den x

Philly

X is what i am planning on keeping....

We HAVE to start one QB,  2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K 1DST

Q:     who are the best LONG TERM rookie RB prospects...??   receiving RBs are a bonus.   but so are the goal line bulls that do nothing but short-yardage, hammer it in... 

55 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

Q:     who are the best LONG TERM rookie RB prospects...??   receiving RBs are a bonus.   but so are the goal line bulls that do nothing but short-yardage, hammer it in... 

CJ Prosise (SEA), Kenneth Dixon (BAL), DeAndre Washington (OAK), Paul Perkins (NYG) are the under-the-radar guys

Derrick Henry (TEN) and Ezekiel Elliott (DAL) the obvious choices

Oh and Devontae Booker (DEN) has a shot at becoming their main long-term back

I run a keeper league on CBS and we are looking for 2 owners. We are a 10 team league, this is the 5th year . We do a full 11 man def 3DL, 3LB, 4DB and a flex spot on def. We also do 2QB's since it is a 10 team league and that makes to QB's much more important like in real life. We also took some ideas from our keeper baseball league. We have an auction draft and a salary cap. We can sign guys up to 3 years  but the money goes up every year if you keep them. Also it is total points and the top 3 get paid. Looking to draft Aug 28th

If you are interested I can send you a league invite to check out the open teams and the league in general. You can take over either of the  open teams or start a new team with all of your money. You can message me back here or at bondranike@yahoo.com. Please only people looking to stay in a keeper league long term.

Greg

$100  top 3 gets paid 1st $600, 2nd $300, and 3rd $100. $16 each for the CBS website fee. Everyone that has played has said that the Individual def players is their favorite part. The def player point systems makes them just as valuable as the top offensive guys. If you love fantasy football I guarantee you will love this league. Good group of guys, some of us are in a keeper baseball league as well. Also you can trade draft picks, if you are interested I can send you an invite to look at the open teams, league settings and constitution. The open teams have some good and cheap players.

Greg

Did my annual no frills public draft, 10 team league, no PPR - just flat normal scoring, 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Had the 4th pick...in a snake draft.

This is who I took with he pick # next to it. Was mainly using it as a primer for my money league. I actually like the team but Yahoo only gave it a B.

4) RB Todd Gurley

17) RB Jamaal Charles

24) WR Jordy Nelson

37) WR Julian Edelman

44) WR Golden Tate

57) QB Tom Brady

64) TE Tyler Eifert

77) RB Matt Jones

84) WR John Brown

97) TE Jimmy Graham

104) QB Kurt Cousins

117) K Justin Tucker

124) D Pittsburgh

137) RB DeAngelo Williams

144) WR Stefon Diggs

Solid team ... especially down the home stretch with Brady + Edelman. If you can survive the first few games you'll be fine, although Kirk is a nice Brady placeholder. Been reading bad things on Eiftert's health ... he's on my do-not-draft list, although Graham still intrigues me ... still hard to imagine his absolute collapse in terms of fantasy value ... and have to wonder if/when he rebounds a little. A top5 season would be all it would take to make his current draft position a value.

Yeah - it was either Cousins of Matt Ryan to hold me over til week 5. I went with the hot hand (from the end of last year). I too was surprised that Williams was still there and had to take a flyer since he will probably be starting weeks 1-4. And who knows if he will be part of a RBBC when Bell returns. 

The TE position is a loss right now. Unless Graham and Wilson develop a relationship. There was a run on TE's in Round 5 (after I picked a WR). Didn't realize (my bad) that Eifert was out until week 3 or 4..so I ended up taking a flyer on Graham (hard to pass up at the time, based on what a stud he used to be). We'll see.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Solid team ... especially down the home stretch with Brady + Edelman. If you can survive the first few games you'll be fine, although Kirk is a nice Brady placeholder. Been reading bad things on Eiftert's health ... he's on my do-not-draft list, although Graham still intrigues me ... still hard to imagine his absolute collapse in terms of fantasy value ... and have to wonder if/when he rebounds a little. A top5 season would be all it would take to make his current draft position a value.

I don't think a top 5 season for Graham is in the cards this year. He just got back to being able to practice over the last week or so. A patella injury is not something easy to come back from and he isn't even a year removed from the injury at this point. He and Wilson seemed to be off last season and now they haven't had much time working together in the offseason. Sure, he may be worth a flier at the end of drafts as a what the heck pick, but if you're hoping to get 2014 Jimmy Graham, you're going to be disappointed.

Archived