Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins April Fools Day jokes in history

carex

Back in the 90s my dad told me about a guy on sports radio or a morning talk guy who would prank Skins fans on April Fools Day and they'd usually fall for it. 

One year he had a story where the Skins were going to strike a deal with the Dolphins; Mark Rypien, Ricky Sanders and Earnest Byner for Dan Marino.  Another year Emmitt Smith had a clause in his contract that could void it and he might sign with here.

Anyone remember this guy?

Back in the 90s my dad told me about a guy on sports radio or a morning talk guy who would prank Skins fans on April Fools Day and they'd usually fall for it. 

One year he had a story where the Skins were going to strike a deal with the Dolphins; Mark Rypien, Ricky Sanders and Earnest Byner for Dan Marino.  Another year Emmitt Smith had a clause in his contract that could void it and he might sign with here.

Anyone remember this guy?

that worked because people could only rely on the radio for news.  you can't do a joke like that with a 24/7 news cycle 

Zoony started some thread about charging for ES one year. That was funny...

I remember that.  Wasn't there one about one of our favorite GM's (Jumbo or TK maybe?) quitting ES to take on some type of promotion working directly for the redskins or something like that?  They played the charging for ES and that one both very well for a while having a lot of people believing them.

Ugh. Were you all around that year Zoony has us all send him pics of our private parts and then he made a mold of each one and sold personalized "private parts" to the Japanese? That was the worst. He got us good that year.

I remember that.  Wasn't there one about one of our favorite GM's (Jumbo or TK maybe?) quitting ES to take on some type of promotion working directly for the redskins or something like that?  They played the charging for ES and that one both very well for a while having a lot of people believing them.

didn't Art start the membership one.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd pony up for ES if it became a pay for site. I need my fix. "lolol"

I was ready to pull out my wallet and pay the 25 membership fee

I need an ART and OM fix. 

Don't remember if it was an April Fool's thing, but I seem to recall a post one year about a mysterious white substance that had been discovered at the facilities which caused concern among coaches and security. It turned out to be the goal line. I had also heard the same story about other teams, too (probably the Cowboys and the Giants).

Don't remember if it was an April Fool's thing, but I seem to recall a post one year about a mysterious white substance that had been discovered at the facilities which caused concern among coaches and security. It turned out to be the goal line. I had also heard the same story about other teams, too (probably the Cowboys and the Giants).

No, that's just called joking with Cowboys, Giants and eagles fans. That's a joke that can be used for any team if you wanna mess with a fan of a team within your division.

I need an ART and OM fix. 

Yeah, but this was a "sad" april's fools joke.  One of the Mods said they had a promotion or a different position and couldn't continue here on ES.  This was upsetting because we generally like our mods here (I think?)  

A lot of people weren't sure whether to believe it or not.  They mentioned how it was April Fools and he said he had no idea of the date or he would have waited before sharing the news.  Of course it was just an April Fools joke though and he is still here.

It was one of the adjoining years to the pay-for-membership one.  I wish I remembered exactly who it was.

It was one of the adjoining years to the pay-for-membership one. I wish I remembered exactly who it was.

It was Hap. I remember this because it was the only April Fool's I got totally duped by. Felt so stupid posting all those kind words to him. :lol:

Archived