Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: GUNS N’ ROSES ANNOUNCES 2016 “NOT IN THIS LIFETIME” TOUR WITH STOP AT FEDEXFIELD

TK

It was 1992 man.

I am from Canada (Ottawa) and I remember going to Montreal to see the show.  That was the show when James Hetfield got caught on fire, only to have a riot take place.  GNR took a couple hours to get on stage and then Axl cut the show shorl, bascially quitting.

Seems like yesterday

Haha yup sounds about right. I was 18 then and took my sister (older then me) to that show, I remember it only because that's her birthday and that was my present to her that year. Faith No More opened for Metallica that day and were pretty good.

The worst part about the show was the four and a half hour delay between Metallica playing it's last song and GNR actually getting on stage and that's not an exaggeration. We all knew it was going to take a while for GNR to get on stage and the crowd was cool for it at first, then boredom set it and after the boob show got stale the fights in the crowd became a common theme and it got pretty dangerous.

I think they filmed parts of November Rain video there that day (At least it was announced to us they were) but overall it goes down to me as the best concert I've ever been to and this is my favorite band of my lifetime. I saw GNR in Dallas a couple years ago that lineup included Buckethead and I saw Slash's snakepit more then a few years ago in Hawaii too. I won't miss this show for anything no matter what it costs. Hell to see the Eagles that costs $500 what is $750 lol. The videos posted of that first night sounded great to me (honestly don't care what Axel looks like as long as his voice still works) and can't wait to see them again. 

Yesterday there was so many things I was never told
Now that I'm startin' to learn I feel I'm growing old

'Cause yesterday's got nothin' for me
Old pictures that I'll always see
Time just fades the pages in my book of memories B)

I wanted to pass along a helpful tip to anyone going to this show. I just joined the G n R fan club for $45.00. When you join you get a code for the pre sale. I was able to get tickets in section 201 for $150.00 each. I beat the crowd and had a lot of different selections. The lower level was $250.00 so I'll take the home side 200 level everyday of the week. Hope this helps.

I wish I was here in states in 80's and in my 20s, I would have had a lot of fun. I went to some concerts when I got here in 97 but nothing big. went to Bayou in DC, 930 club, and few other places. I think the biggest band I saw was Sepultura w/o Max, Soulfy, and Biohazard. I still have my jeans jacket I cut the sleeves off and with all the patches on it, Slayer being the big one on the back. I would love to go back and see the old GNR and some other bands. 

My point was prices will be outrageous because of the reunion hype...they are doing for the cash bros...there is no album to support or future intentions of sticking together

In the modern music business for about 98% of acts the album supports the live show not the other way around. The vast majority of bands get very little income from downloads or streaming - they make their money touring. Live shows is where the cash is for them either spending 10 months a year on the road or if they have the draw doing a few big stadium gigs like this one where they gouge every cent they can for the seats and merchandise.

Was Appetite that damn good? I mean, as a kid I loved it, as an adult it's more nostalgic, but there's still good music on it ... I get they did one or two more albums, but really, Appetite is all they really did right? I mean, that album is it. 

The other crazy thing, unlike Nirvana and the grunge bands, G&R didn't usher in a new genre, look, or feel. They just added some toughness to the hair band scene and boom, they are remembered forever in rock history.  It's crazy to me that the brand and name has remained so relevant. 

Was Appetite that damn good? I mean, as a kid I loved it, as an adult it's more nostalgic, but there's still good music on it ... I get they did one or two more albums, but really, Appetite is all they really did right? I mean, that album is it. 

The other crazy thing, unlike Nirvana and the grunge bands, G&R didn't usher in a new genre, look, or feel. They just added some toughness to the hair band scene and boom, they are remembered forever in rock history.  It's crazy to me that the brand and name has remained so relevant. 

They had A LOT of hits after Appetite. Civil War, Yesterdays, November Rain, Patience, Dont Cry, You could be mine, just to name a few. But yes. Their best full album by far is Appetite. I will be at this show. Axel's heroin addicted ass cancelled twice when I was scheduled to see them in the 80's.

You're both wrong....it's Jan Terri *nod*...

I agree Califan, she's up there with the icons. Fact: Jan Terri actually opened for Marilyn Manson.

Other interesting facts about rockin' Jan Terri:

- Her Wikipedia page is in Norwegian.  I have no idea why.

-Wikipedia reported her dead in 2002 of cervical cancer. She continues to deny this.

- When she was a child, she sang in a band with her father, who appeared in blackface on stage as "Black Elvis."

- She worked for a time as a limo driver.  (So prob got a deal on the stretch for the video.)

- She got rear-ended by a semi-tractor trailer in 2002 while sitting in her car on North Avenue in Chicago. I assume the semi was totaled, because Jan Terri ROCKS.

- She was the 1980 Illinois State Music Association champion drummer.

d04ac47ae33287ec63d976d36087635f.jpg

- A video exists of her imitating a drunk Britney Spears doing a Coyote Ugly dance on top of a bar.

Jan Terri ROCK ON!!!

https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Terri

http://www.avclub.com/article/jan-terri-58707

69366a43014b101e3f97b0a9c300bbb3.jpg

26807383_500_500.jpg

36631005.jpg

I would love to see her tour with the Gert Jonnys.

2031949_520_374.jpg

Wait a minute... is that her in the front row!?!?!?

They had A LOT of hits after Appetite. Civil War, Yesterdays, November Rain, Patience, Dont Cry, You could be mine, just to name a few. But yes. Their best full album by far is Appetite. I will be at this show. Axel's heroin addicted ass cancelled twice when I was scheduled to see them in the 80's.

Yeah, i forgot about the Terminator 2 pub they got ... I guess what I'm getting at is their time in the spotlight seemed relatively short and their name/brand seems to be strong still. 

I agree Califan, she's up there with the icons. Fact: Jan Terri actually opened for Marilyn Manson.

Other interesting facts about rockin' Jan Terri:

- Her Wikipedia page is in Norwegian.  I have no idea why.

-Wikipedia reported her dead in 2002 of cervical cancer. She continues to deny this.

- When she was a child, she sang in a band with her father, who appeared in blackface on stage as "Black Elvis."

- She worked for a time as a limo driver.  (So prob got a deal on the stretch for the video.)

- She got rear-ended by a semi-tractor trailer in 2002 while sitting in her car on North Avenue in Chicago. I assume the semi was totaled, because Jan Terri ROCKS.

- She was the 1980 Illinois State Music Association champion drummer.

- A video exists of her imitating a drunk Britney Spears doing a Coyote Ugly dance on top of a bar.

Jan Terri ROCK ON!!!

https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Terri

http://www.avclub.com/article/jan-terri-58707

I rest my case lol B)

Anyone remember the July 17th 1992 or 1993 can't remember concert at RFK when they headlined and Metallica opened for them? It was an awesome show. I do and I was there and yes I am too damn old hahaha

r u ****ing serious???that was the use ur illusion tour with Metallica and u got to see it??..I'm jealous

I have bought many floor seats in the 250 to 400 range for major acts. That is quite excessive. Maybe i should have stated that. My point was prices will be outrageous because of the reunion hype...they are doing for the cash bros...there is no album to support or future intentions of sticking together

If thats your favorite band? Great! Go see em! But be prepared to pay excessive prices...even in todays rates. Than ticketron will sell out in 2 minutes and you will have to pay 100% markup or more (i.e. $100 nosebleeds for $200-$250)

Have you seen Axl lately?

http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2013/02/axl-rose-then-and-now.jpg

Slash is the best part of that band...

according to axle him self he's in the best shape of his life

Yeah, i forgot about the Terminator 2 pub they got ... I guess what I'm getting at is their time in the spotlight seemed relatively short and their name/brand seems to be strong still.

the album lies lies lies(meh OK)that was before appetite than there was a small break than use ur illusion 1 and two came out...both of those albums kicked ass!!..sooo lies lies lies started it and appetite got them from the early eighties to the early nineties when use ur illusion 1 and 2 came out..they both came out at about the same time..I mean it might have been about a year later the use ur illusion 2(you could be mine/terminator two)album came out.

patience was on appetite..

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Axl in November of 2006 in Baltimore for the Chinese Democracy Tour.  If I remember correctly, the Suicide Girls opened up for them.  I enjoyed seeing naked women with pasties on stage acting out various scenes, however all of the fans from the 80's, whom were dressed in their 20 year old jean jackets, brought their kids with them.  That made for some awkward/awesome people watching.

Anyway, I think the Suicide Girls were done by 9pm.  Axl was super late and showed up around 11:30ish.  It seemed like half the place had already emptied out because nobody knew if he was going to show up or not.  But once he showed up, it was a hell of a show.  He played all of the old hits and I enjoyed every second of it.

I bought tickets to the FedEx show coming up in June.  I was lucky enough to get first row tickets, seats 1 and 2 in the $150 tier.  Thankfully it's one of the first few shows on the tour, so they should still be together by then. LOL.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Slash play live.  Yeah the tickets are overpriced, but whatever.  It's totally worth the $370 it cost for my gf and I to get tickets.  #PUMPED 

however all of the fans from the 80's, whom were dressed in their 20 year old jean jackets, brought their kids with them. That made for some awkward/awesome people watching.

That's just grade A bad parenting. Who brings their kids with them to a Guns N Roses show?

I am envious, that's the one day this summer I won't be able to go. Hope you have a blast

Well, technically, neither did Nirvana, as they were predated by Alice in Chains. But Nirvana was the one that brought it into the Spotlight with Smells Like Teen Spirit and Nevermind (the album of the 90's). I still remember the 1991 Video Music Awards--back when MTV still had some relevance. GnR played November Rain with a full symphony orchestra. I thought it was fantastic, and was shocked when all people were talking about the next day was Nirvana and the Chili Pepper performances, and how people went crazy for them. The 80's hair metal died that night, but I digress

I would say that Appetite for Destruction was the album of the 80's. Prior to GnR, you had Motley Crue, and that was about it--a bunch of poser bands and Ronnie James Dio. GnR may not have created the genre, but they sure perfected it. Paradise City still kicks all kinds of ass.

Archived