Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants...lol

BornaSkinsFan83

Gould is signed for the rest of the year and it looks like if things go well, a long term contract could be in the making for him as a Giant.

IF and I say IF Brown was abused as a child, I hope he gets the help he needs.  That being said, I never want to see him on the Giants or any other NFL team for that matter.  Brown's crimes > Pete Rose gambling = Lifetime ban for Brown!

Bye Bye Brown!!!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Oh he talks a lot. I remember when he was with the Seahawks, he would talk smack about teams. Never heard a KICKER do that before, just seemed like an asshole.

Are you confusing him with Mike Vanderjagt, the guy that used to kick for Indy?

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

hunter and 22 others liked your Tweet
12h: 
Clearly the Giants have violated the spirit of the personal conduct policy

not my tweet, credit due to 

SkinsHokieFan

• Ring of Fame
  • SkinsHokieFan
  • Members
  •  
  • 17,004 posts

Clearly the Giants have violated the spirit of the personal conduct policy

They should be hit with a 36M dollar cap penalty 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Well - I hate the Giants as much as anyone else around here (I mean, I really don't like them!), but I think they put the Rams in their place today.  Although I have not seen Los Angeles play a down this year, I perceive New York as a better ballclub.

But I wouldn't bet on them.

Not happening so far, but let me tell you that Ram OL is HORRID in run blocking and pass protection.  Seriously I don't know how they won 3 games to begin with.

4 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Well - I hate the Giants as much as anyone else around here (I mean, I really don't like them!), but I think they put the Rams in their place today.  Although I have not seen Los Angeles play a down this year, I perceive New York as a better ballclub.

But I wouldn't bet on them.

Put them where?  They were handed that game by dumb Rams mistakes.  4 turnovers, 14 points off turnovers and only 10 offensive points by the Giants, They escaped.  Hardly ownage.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

Right? I mean, it's not like a massive FA heavy offseason leading to a 1-and-done WC berth has ever come back to bite a team in the ass a couple of years down the road, cap-wise...

The context is the early posts in this thread, which were mocking the notion that the Giants might be a contender this year. They had a bad game, but many folks were thinking that they might go far in the playoffs with how their D was playing. The long-term management of the team was only part of what was discussed.

3 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

Right? I mean, it's not like a massive FA heavy offseason leading to a 1-and-done WC berth has ever come back to bite a team in the ass a couple of years down the road, cap-wise...

The NY Defense was counting on "Playoff Eli" to show up... :) 

37 minutes ago, Rey713 said:

The NY Defense was counting on "Playoff Eli" to show up... :) 

I don't get the "Playoff Eli" thing.  IT's nothing more than the typical media BS.  He had a decent playoff run one offseason which ended with a SB win.  That's great and all, but the fact is that the Giants defense and a few amazing catches were more the reason for their success that postseason than anything Eli did.  The other SB postseason was more of the same, but Eli did even less.  Outside of those two seasons, he has been **** in the playoffs all together, and that is because the defense wasn't good enough to bail him out like those two seasons.

5 hours ago, Taylor 36 said:

I don't get the "Playoff Eli" thing.  IT's nothing more than the typical media BS.  He had a decent playoff run one offseason which ended with a SB win.  That's great and all, but the fact is that the Giants defense and a few amazing catches were more the reason for their success that postseason than anything Eli did.  The other SB postseason was more of the same, but Eli did even less.  Outside of those two seasons, he has been **** in the playoffs all together, and that is because the defense wasn't good enough to bail him out like those two seasons.

Exactly. The media loves to push the Manning narrative... and Giants fans always overrate Eli.

That dude has actually had some great receivers over the years.

5 hours ago, Taylor 36 said:

I don't get the "Playoff Eli" thing.  IT's nothing more than the typical media BS.  He had a decent playoff run one offseason which ended with a SB win.

Actually Eli Manning had 2 very good playoff runs, both leading to a Super Bowl win and the Superbowl MVP award. Go through the stats for those 8 playoff games and you will see. However, his other playoff appearances were bad except for last Sunday's in which he played well.  (Unlike Aaron Rodgers whom I suspect is a robot.)

IMO, the Giants dramatically improved their defense this season. It's their offense which is pathetic. Their Oline gives the QB about 2.5 seconds to throw if he's lucky. Their #9 pick in the 2015 draft is about useless. They will not win it all again during Eli's tenure if they don't fix that crappy Oline. Thankfully our Oline is far better and Cousins is younger than Manning.

Let's just hope Snyder gets Kirk signed long term soon,  we get to re-sign our WR's and enjoy watching Norman getting after Beckham again in 2017. :229:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So Adam Schefter is reporting the Seahawks might lost a 2nd round pick due to their lack of reporting Sherman's knee injury. What was the Giants penalty for sheltering their serial-wife-beating kicker again? Oh right...nothing.

What was their penalty for trashing the airplane they were on after losing to the Packers?

Nothing. :giantssuck:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

What was their penalty for trashing the airplane they were on after losing to the Packers?

Nothing. :giantssuck:

Technically that wasn't anything football-game related. It would be nice to see the airline fine the whole team though ? Perhaps $36 M?

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Slap on the wrist for the walkie talkie thing, as well.

It's not a conspiracy theory anymore, in my mind. The theory has been proven, the conspiracy is real. The Giants get away with more than anyone else in the league. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Technically that wasn't anything football-game related. It would be nice to see the airline fine the whole team though ? Perhaps $36 M?

Doesn't matter if it was football-related or not. The players of an NFL team are responsible for their conduct on and OFF the field.

You can bet this would've been dealt with if the Redskin players had done it.

1 hour ago, thesubmittedone said:

Slap on the wrist for the walkie talkie thing, as well.

It's not a conspiracy theory anymore, in my mind. The theory has been proven, the conspiracy is real. The Giants get away with more than anyone else in the league. 

I agree.

Considering all the crap Beckham has done and it's ignored, the Giants get away with murder. :giantssuck:

• Like 3