Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

down a big hole, and then dies.  (And somehow becomes a Force Ghost without the training Yoda went through in the Clone Wars animated series and it appears Yoda will here shortly. The fact Anakin is with Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end of Jedi has ALWAYS bothered me, though my source of discontent has changed over the years as to the why.  

So while I think Part V could very easily fit, because they've set it all up, Jedi ends with a stirring defeat and the deaths of Vader, the Emperor, and the Empire, which clearly they can't exactly pull off.  But I guess we could get the first Rebel Alliance "win" or the birth of the Rebellion, or something like that which would kindof track?

It's a great theory, and I hope it plays out, then I hope they take credit for it.  

why does Anakin appearing at the end bother you? No surprise I hate it as well 

couple points you missed i think. If Obi wan becomes Obi Wan again in 6 that would fit a return of the Jedi theme. If he regains his hope and purpose in Luke and training him and becomes the Obi wan of ANH or two suns rebels, I think it would work as an episode 6 parallel. Also if Reva turns that would work too imo.

On 6/12/2022 at 2:40 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

why does Anakin appearing at the end bother you? No surprise I hate it as well 

This has changed through the years.  Now Granted, I think I only started hating it when I started thinking about it.  I think I was 10 when I saw RotJ for the first time (I was born basically the same year ANH came out, so I saw none of them in the theater.  My SW origin story is I was going to watch something on TV at 8:00 when I was about 10, and it was canceled so they could show Star Wars.  Regular TV, probably Fox.  I had no idea what it was (my Parents were never into SW, so I had heard of it through friends, but I was that odd age where I was too young to see it in theaters, but cognizant of it. )  From there, I loved ANH.  I honestly don't remember all of the situations around HOW I saw Empire and RotJ, because there was something about them not being on VHS for a while, I'm not sure.    But anyway, at 10, I didn't have a theory on it.

But when I was older, my original thought was, "dude is like the biggest bad in the entire Universe, one good deed and he is "saved?"  I don't think so.

Then the more I got into SW, the more I questioned how somebody so strong with the dark side could have what seemed to be a light side power.  And the line from ANH, "You can't with Darth.  If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."  And then subsequently, Obi-Wan was force-talking to Luke just moments after.  Clearly Darth didn't know that part of the Force in ANH.  How the hell did he learn it between ANH and RotJ?   (As a TOTAL aside, after I saw the prequels, it really bothered me that Obi-Wan calls Vader "Darth" in that quote.  I think every other time he is referred to, it's Vader.  I THINK "Darth" is a title.  Not a first name.  And I TRULY wish he had called him Anakin.  The way Dumbledore calls Voldemort "Tom" when they duel in Order of the Phoenix.  Which is just a HUGE flex. Granted, he couldn't, because when ANH was released, I don't think Vader wasn't Anakin yet. (I could be wrong about that, maybe Lucas already knew that but he hadn't made Vader Luke and Leia's father.   "What I told you was true, from a certain point of view" hadn't happened yet.  But, I can dream.)  

Then when I watched Clone Wars, and specifically the episode where Yoda does the force ghost training, I was like, "Ok, everything I thought before still holds AND this isn't just an every Jedi power.  You have to go through quite the ordeal to be able to do this. And there is no indication (yet) Anakin ever did.

And to follow-on that, I'm not sure Vader could do that training.  Anakin, I could buy that, but I'm not sure a Sith Lord could.

So, I've always hated it.  

Now, I fully acknowledge that Lucas just "did stuff" in the OT, and sometimes it was just for dramatic effect, it wasn't meant to be foundation for 40 years of cannon.  And I think this was one of those things.  When he wrote ANH, Vader wasn't Luke/Leia's father, and they weren't siblings.  So, he changed stuff along the way right from the beginning as he built the universe.  And I'm totally fine with that.  

On 6/12/2022 at 2:40 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

couple points you missed i think. If Obi wan becomes Obi Wan again in 6 that would fit a return of the Jedi theme. If he regains his hope and purpose in Luke and training him and becomes the Obi wan of ANH or two suns rebels, I think it would work as an episode 6 parallel. Also if Reva turns that would work too imo.

Yeah.  I just watched Part V.  So, I'm not going to respond to this here.  :P

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This has changed through the years.  Now Granted, I think I only started hating it when I started thinking about it.  I think I was 10 when I saw RotJ for the first time (I was born basically the same year ANH came out, so I saw none of them in the theater.  My SW origin story is I was going to watch something on TV at 8:00 when I was about 10, and it was canceled so they could show Star Wars.  Regular TV, probably Fox.  I had no idea what it was (my Parents were never into SW, so I had heard of it through friends, but I was that odd age where I was too young to see it in theaters, but cognizant of it. )  From there, I loved ANH.  I honestly don't remember all of the situations around HOW I saw Empire and RotJ, because there was something about them not being on VHS for a while, I'm not sure.    But anyway, at 10, I didn't have a theory on it.

But when I was older, my original thought was, "dude is like the biggest bad in the entire Universe, one good deed and he is "saved?"  I don't think so.

Then the more I got into SW, the more I questioned how somebody so strong with the dark side could have what seemed to be a light side power.  And the line from ANH, "You can't with Darth.  If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."  And then subsequently, Obi-Wan was force-talking to Luke just moments after.  Clearly Darth didn't know that part of the Force in ANH.  How the hell did he learn it between ANH and RotJ?   (As a TOTAL aside, after I saw the prequels, it really bothered me that Obi-Wan calls Vader "Darth" in that quote.  I think every other time he is referred to, it's Vader.  I THINK "Darth" is a title.  Not a first name.  And I TRULY wish he had called him Anakin.  The way Dumbledore calls Voldemort "Tom" when they duel in Order of the Phoenix.  Which is just a HUGE flex. Granted, he couldn't, because when ANH was released, I don't think Vader wasn't Anakin yet. (I could be wrong about that, maybe Lucas already knew that but he hadn't made Vader Luke and Leia's father.   "What I told you was true, from a certain point of view" hadn't happened yet.  But, I can dream.)  

Then when I watched Clone Wars, and specifically the episode where Yoda does the force ghost training, I was like, "Ok, everything I thought before still holds AND this isn't just an every Jedi power.  You have to go through quite the ordeal to be able to do this. And there is no indication (yet) Anakin ever did.

And to follow-on that, I'm not sure Vader could do that training.  Anakin, I could buy that, but I'm not sure a Sith Lord could.

So, I've always hated it.  

Now, I fully acknowledge that Lucas just "did stuff" in the OT, and sometimes it was just for dramatic effect, it wasn't meant to be foundation for 40 years of cannon.  And I think this was one of those things.  When he wrote ANH, Vader wasn't Luke/Leia's father, and they weren't siblings.  So, he changed stuff along the way right from the beginning as he built the universe.  And I'm totally fine with that.  

those are all the same reasons I have about him being a force ghost too. I hate it. The only thing I’ll buy is that when Obi Wan disappears and Vader is confusingly checking his robes like “wtf?” That from then on he tries to learn this power to find out what happened. perhaps in doing so, it may have drawn Vader to the light more and set up his turn down the road. That’s my head canon that made it make sense. Because otherwise it’s dumb. 

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah.  I just watched Part V.  So, I'm not going to respond to this here. 

yeah one part didn’t fit but it was a very ESB type of episode so I think it works. 

and my god seeing peak Vader was incredible 

Watched Part V.  Spoilers below.  After first watch, I loved it.  If Part IV was my least favorite of the episodes, Part V might have been my favorite.  Though III is still damn good. 

Spoilers ahead, proceed with EXTREME caution (thank you Mal from Binge_Mode)

Spoiler

- I am absolutely 100% positive the "Parts" line up with the movies now.  One of the most subtle absolutely iconic views of Vader is in Empire when he's first shown on the bridge of his Star Destroyer, staring off into space.  They basically did the same shot.  It was just as iconic. 

- SO many other "Empire" call backs.  The whole sequence when they were attacking the caves was Hoth invasion reminiscent.  Vader staring at the escaping transport was the same as Vader staring at the escaping Falcon.  There must have been at least a dozen other parallels, but I'd have to re-watch the episode and Empire to list them.  But I think this confirms the theory, and I am totally here for it.

- I was absolutely positive wee were going to see Hayden as Hayden at some point, or why would you bother bringing him back as a main character just to put him in the Vader suit?  So we got it here.  I thought the training sequence and how it cut into and out of current day, for both Vader and Obi-Wan, was spectacularly done. 

- Speaking of, I'm really glad they just trusted the audience to de-age Hayden and Ewan in their brains and didn't go over-board with CGI, which could have gone wonky.  I get it, the actors are 17 years older than they would have been when this would have taken place.  Yeah, they looked a bit older.  I didn't care.

- Having said that, I still love they de-aged Vader's voice to OT James Earl Jones.  

- I think Vader stopping Reva's light saber with the Force when his back is turned jumped to one of my top 5 favorite "OH NO YOU DIDN'T"  moments in film.  The next line, "Obi-Wan was wise to use you against me" instantly rises to iconic Vader line status. 

- The whole Vader vs. Reva fight was outstanding.  I love it when films just let a bad-ass character be bad-ass.  First, Vader just dances around her using the Force to block the light saber.  Then, he splits her light-saber, and tosses it to her so she can have one when he defeats her.  He just toyed with her, and it was DELICIOUS.  

- Loved Leia fixing the door.  Loved that she fixed Lola.  Seemed a bit too easy, but eh, you only have so much time.

- Glad we got Reva's back story, which had been theorized about.  I liked the arc.  She's not dead yet.  I'm sure she will make some sort of an appearance in Part VI.  Loved the conversation through the door between her and Obi-Wan.  I almost wish they had "force timed"  instead of actually talking.  Though I think that would have been hard to pull off visually  

- I think they ARE setting up the "when the last time we met, I was juts the learner, now I am the Master."  

- I am starting to wonder if we actually get a Vader vs. Obi-Wan duel in the final episode.  We might not.  And if we don't, I'm fine with that.  We got a practice duel, and we got Vader being a bad-ass. 

- @Momma There Goes That Man I think Obi-Wan has turned and is now the Obi-Wan from ANH.  Maybe not 100% fully, but 95%.  I'm interested to see what the parallels to Jedi are in Part VI.  Reva turning (I don't think she's dead), is a good one. 

A few nits to pick:

- So, Qui-Gon is like the only person who dies when stabbed through the stomach with a light saber?  Grand Inquisitor survived, Reva probably will survive, Maul survived getting cut in half....  Qui-Gon needs to up his stabbed through the stomach game.  

- I don't think they fully explained how the Grand Inquisitor lived.  Whatever he said, "fear and hatred keeps you alive," I think that's supposed to be the justification for him living. Basically, here's what happened:  They wanted the Reva plot line, they needed the GI out of the way for 4 episodes, but they needed him back for Rebels, so this is what we got.  I don't think it was very smooth, but fine, whatever.  They also need to actually kill/dispense of Reva, or have her turn, or something, because she's not in ANYTHING after this, and there needs to be a reason why.  

- Vader needs to walk slower.  In both this episode and the last one, when he's just walking through a crowd of people, he needs to be more "stalking" and less "rushing."  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

those are all the same reasons I have about him being a force ghost too. I hate it. The only thing I’ll buy is that when Obi Wan disappears and Vader is confusingly checking his robes like “wtf?” That from then on he tries to learn this power to find out what happened. perhaps in doing so, it may have drawn Vader to the light more and set up his turn down the road. That’s my head canon that made it make sense. Because otherwise it’s dumb. 

I hadn't thought of that head cannon.  Ok, fine.  I honestly think they just did it without thinking about the "universe" implications because it was cool.  Now they might try and go back and explain it.  If they do, fine, if not, that's fine too.  No universe/cannon is without it's gaps.  

I do fall on the side since it was already there from 1985, when they cast Hayden as prequels Anakin, it did make sense to CGI him in instead of the previous Anakin.  I mean, unless you're going to remove it entirely (my choice), using the actor that played the character in 2 movies makes sense.  

Also, yeah, seeing peak Vader is absolutely incredible.  THOUGH, it does bring up the thought, how the hell does Luke beat this guy, after 2 days of training with Obi-Wan, and whatever amount of time in Empire with Yoda.  I mean, this Vader looks almost invincible.  Luke is barely trained.  Granted, Asoka had a good go at him in Rebels. But she was Anakin's Padawan for YEARS.  Luke had barely any training in comparison.  

I get they can't really go back and re-do the OT.  But if the OT came out today, especially RotJ, can you imagine what the final duel between Luke and Vader would have looked like? Even the ANH fight between Obi-Wan and Vader would be seriously different.  

I have no head cannon about this at all.  It just is, "the OT was made between 1976-1985.  Movies were different."  Trying to explain why Vader and Obi-Wan were barely touching light sabers and looked like 2 old guys dancing in ANH is not worth it.  The real reason was the light sabers kept breaking and they were on a budget.  And they'd never done it before.  In 1976, it was BAD ASS, I'm sure.  (It was bad ass when I first saw it when I was 10.)  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do fall on the side since it was already there from 1985, when they cast Hayden as prequels Anakin, it did make sense to CGI him in instead of the previous Anakin.  I mean, unless you're going to remove it entirely (my choice), using the actor that played the character in 2 movies makes sense.  

my thing is, if I had never seen my dad until he was 50+ years old, and that was only one time and he was horribly scarred from a fire, then I saw him again and he was 18…would I even know who that was? 

I don’t see how Luke knows who that is. Are there just tons of pics of prequel trilogy Anakin hanging around in Owen’s sand igloo? 

34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

get they can't really go back and re-do the OT.  But if the OT came out today, especially RotJ, can you imagine what the final duel between Luke and Vader would have looked like? Even the ANH fight between Obi-Wan and Vader would be seriously different.  

I just need somebody to splice the special fight scene recently made into a version of ANH and then do the same for the Vader/Luke fights in 5-6. Then we will be set and have cohesive fights throughout the series 

• Like 1

• Riggo#44 changed the title to All Things Star Wars Thread: SPOILER FREE ZONE until FRIDAY 11:59 PM.
59 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I get they can't really go back and re-do the OT.  But if the OT came out today, especially RotJ, can you imagine what the final duel between Luke and Vader would have looked like? Even the ANH fight between Obi-Wan and Vader would be seriously different.  

One thing the PT did right: Light saber duels. Phantom Menace is not good, but this **** is awesome:

2 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Episode 5 was really good. I think we’ve misinterpreted  “Last time I met you, I was but the learner, now I’m the master.” 

The finale should be feature movie length. 

i was really happy with this. He simply tricked him rather than besting him in combat which he had no chance of doing 

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

One thing the PT did right: Light saber duels. Phantom Menace is not good, but this **** is awesome:

They are pretty awesome but I’d say it goes like this:

OT: Lightsaber fights are weak. Not well choreographed, no athleticism or force powers really displayed 

PT: probably way too far in the opposite direction with the acrobatics and insane fights. It ended up being silly a lot of the time and never felt “real” 

ST: probably the thing the ST did best imo. They kept the force skills but toned them down quite a bit and made the lightsabers feel heavier somehow which made the fights seem more realistic. It ends up being a perfect balance between what the PT offered and what the OT offered. It’s why I think in terms of actual fights the ST has the most consistent and best versions of what lightsaber fights should be 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Lightsaber fights

The only thing I will say is the over the top PT lightsaber fights I always chalked up to more training and mastery of dueling. Kenobi, Qui Gon, Maul, Yoda, Dooku et al have been training for decades, if not centuries. It would make sense they were overpowered. Rey has had minimal if any training, so she's going to be muted a bit. Just my two cents. Seeing Yoda fight the 1st time in AOTC was mind-blowing.

The fights in Clone Wars we're pretty solid too, albeit animation. The Ahsoka/Maul duel at the end was some of the best in the entire Franchise.

As for Obi Wan Part V. Oh **** yeah (said in the Randy Marsh voice).

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Watched Part V.  Spoilers below.  After first watch, I loved it.  If Part IV was my least favorite of the episodes, Part V might have been my favorite.  Though III is still damn good. 

Spoilers ahead, proceed with EXTREME caution (thank you Mal from Binge_Mode)

Reveal hidden contents

- I am absolutely 100% positive the "Parts" line up with the movies now.  One of the most subtle absolutely iconic views of Vader is in Empire when he's first shown on the bridge of his Star Destroyer, staring off into space.  They basically did the same shot.  It was just as iconic. 

- SO many other "Empire" call backs.  The whole sequence when they were attacking the caves was Hoth invasion reminiscent.  Vader staring at the escaping transport was the same as Vader staring at the escaping Falcon.  There must have been at least a dozen other parallels, but I'd have to re-watch the episode and Empire to list them.  But I think this confirms the theory, and I am totally here for it.

- I was absolutely positive wee were going to see Hayden as Hayden at some point, or why would you bother bringing him back as a main character just to put him in the Vader suit?  So we got it here.  I thought the training sequence and how it cut into and out of current day, for both Vader and Obi-Wan, was spectacularly done. 

- Speaking of, I'm really glad they just trusted the audience to de-age Hayden and Ewan in their brains and didn't go over-board with CGI, which could have gone wonky.  I get it, the actors are 17 years older than they would have been when this would have taken place.  Yeah, they looked a bit older.  I didn't care.

- Having said that, I still love they de-aged Vader's voice to OT James Earl Jones.  

- I think Vader stopping Reva's light saber with the Force when his back is turned jumped to one of my top 5 favorite "OH NO YOU DIDN'T"  moments in film.  The next line, "Obi-Wan was wise to use you against me" instantly rises to iconic Vader line status. 

- The whole Vader vs. Reva fight was outstanding.  I love it when films just let a bad-ass character be bad-ass.  First, Vader just dances around her using the Force to block the light saber.  Then, he splits her light-saber, and tosses it to her so she can have one when he defeats her.  He just toyed with her, and it was DELICIOUS.  

- Loved Leia fixing the door.  Loved that she fixed Lola.  Seemed a bit too easy, but eh, you only have so much time.

- Glad we got Reva's back story, which had been theorized about.  I liked the arc.  She's not dead yet.  I'm sure she will make some sort of an appearance in Part VI.  Loved the conversation through the door between her and Obi-Wan.  I almost wish they had "force timed"  instead of actually talking.  Though I think that would have been hard to pull off visually  

- I think they ARE setting up the "when the last time we met, I was juts the learner, now I am the Master."  

- I am starting to wonder if we actually get a Vader vs. Obi-Wan duel in the final episode.  We might not.  And if we don't, I'm fine with that.  We got a practice duel, and we got Vader being a bad-ass. 

- @Momma There Goes That Man I think Obi-Wan has turned and is now the Obi-Wan from ANH.  Maybe not 100% fully, but 95%.  I'm interested to see what the parallels to Jedi are in Part VI.  Reva turning (I don't think she's dead), is a good one. 

A few nits to pick:

- So, Qui-Gon is like the only person who dies when stabbed through the stomach with a light saber?  Grand Inquisitor survived, Reva probably will survive, Maul survived getting cut in half....  Qui-Gon needs to up his stabbed through the stomach game.  

- I don't think they fully explained how the Grand Inquisitor lived.  Whatever he said, "fear and hatred keeps you alive," I think that's supposed to be the justification for him living. Basically, here's what happened:  They wanted the Reva plot line, they needed the GI out of the way for 4 episodes, but they needed him back for Rebels, so this is what we got.  I don't think it was very smooth, but fine, whatever.  They also need to actually kill/dispense of Reva, or have her turn, or something, because she's not in ANYTHING after this, and there needs to be a reason why.  

- Vader needs to walk slower.  In both this episode and the last one, when he's just walking through a crowd of people, he needs to be more "stalking" and less "rushing."  

Very accurate assessment...I cannot wait for next Wednesday...

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Hide contents

- Speaking of, I'm really glad they just trusted the audience to de-age Hayden and Ewan in their brains and didn't go over-board with CGI, which could have gone wonky.  I get it, the actors are 17 years older than they would have been when this would have taken place.  Yeah, they looked a bit older.  I didn't 

Spoiler

I will say 20 plus years at this point, because Anakin still had both fleshy hands and that rat tail thingy at the back of his head. So pre clone wars. But I didn’t care either, it was pretty cool to see the training.

The only nit pick I had was the Bail Organa Zoom call and the plethora of information it provided.  It’s just there for Reva to find and have one more chance to get to Vader, by going after his kid.

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

(As a TOTAL aside, after I saw the prequels, it really bothered me that Obi-Wan calls Vader "Darth" in that quote.  I think every other time he is referred to, it's Vader.  I THINK "Darth" is a title.  Not a first name.  And I TRULY wish he had called him Anakin.  The way Dumbledore calls Voldemort "Tom" when they duel in Order of the Phoenix.  Which is just a HUGE flex. 

When Kenobi called him “Darth” I looked at that as being a huge flex. Not giving Vader the respect of calling him Vader and in a mockingly way.

Spoiler

Not sure who said it above... force Qui Gon must be watching thinking... "Getting impaled with a lightsaber and surviving... how do I learn this power?"  

NOT FROM A JEDI!

Speaking of Qui Gon, we still need him in the show.  We can't have Episode III Yoda saying, "Teachings for you in Tatooine I have, from an old friend..."  and then Obi-Wan gets nothing.  Especially with Obi-Wan crying out to him.  Maybe Qui-Gon is waiting for Obi-Wan to awake from his 10 year depression. 

It sucks how Reva got punked, but it does wrap up her back-story well and damn... did Obi-Wan call it right away.  She should have died saying... "he was right... he was right... we shoullda taken him together... Anakin... tell your old master... he was right..."  I don't even know why she would try to sneak up on Vader after he just ripped apart a transport. 

Also, it will he a little sad not seeing Palpatine in something like this... it is a little weird... Sith Lord grooms powerful Jedi... then disappears from the story. 

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Slightly off topic, has anybody watched bad batch?  I haven’t.  Any good? Worth it? 

I’ve watched (obviously) all the movies, Clone Wars, Rebels, Mando, Bobba and Obi.

Is there anything I really should watch/read?  I haven’t delved into the novels or comics.  

Bad Batch can be best described as a kind of Star Wars A-Team. It's really entertaining, well written, compelling villain. Canonically, I don't think you're missing much. I can't think of anything it's affected where if you didn't watch the show, you wouldn't get it. But it's a good show. I'd recommend it.

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Slightly off topic, has anybody watched bad batch?  I haven’t.  Any good? Worth it? 

I’ve watched (obviously) all the movies, Clone Wars, Rebels, Mando, Bobba and Obi.

Is there anything I really should watch/read?  I haven’t delved into the novels or comics.  

@Riggo#44explained it pretty well. I will just add, it gets a little into the Empire moving on from clones to storm troopers, if that interests you. I would say, at least watch the first episode, which coincides with RotS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Hide contents

Not sure who said it above... force Qui Gon must be watching thinking... "Getting impaled with a lightsaber and surviving... how do I learn this power?"  

NOT FROM A JEDI!

Speaking of Qui Gon, we still need him in the show.  We can't have Episode III Yoda saying, "Teachings for you in Tatooine I have, from an old friend..."  and then Obi-Wan gets nothing.  Especially with Obi-Wan crying out to him.  Maybe Qui-Gon is waiting for Obi-Wan to awake from his 10 year depression. 

It sucks how Reva got punked, but it does wrap up her back-story well and damn... did Obi-Wan call it right away.  She should have died saying... "he was right... he was right... we shoullda taken him together... Anakin... tell your old master... he was right..."  I don't even know why she would try to sneak up on Vader after he just ripped apart a transport. 

Also, it will he a little sad not seeing Palpatine in something like this... it is a little weird... Sith Lord grooms powerful Jedi... then disappears from the story. 

Spoiler

Palpatine is barely in the OT until ROTJ so it makes sense he let Vader do his own thing during this show too. 

as for surviving a stab wound, the dark side is a path to abilities many consider unnatural. dark users can tank lightsabers and death in general like nothing and always come back. Maul got cut in half, GI and Reva stabbed in the chest/stomach, Palpatine killed and comes back etc. guess it’s a fair trade off, dark side users get to extend their mortal life, Jedi users potentially get to live in the force forever. Balance 

• Like 1