Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

At least thing about Boba Fett surviving the Sarlacc pit, one can argue that his armor protected him from digestion

I hate Maul surviving too especially just to become some generic crime lord but at least he was force strong. Boba’s armor only covers certain parts of his body. His pants are like 80% cloth so his escape is inexcusable. 

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I hate Maul surviving too especially just to become some generic crime lord but at least he was force strong. Boba’s armor only covers certain parts of his body. His pants are like 80% cloth so his escape is inexcusable. 

I’m no expert - is there a big difference from Mando surviving the Krayt dragon, ie getting swallowed and killing it from the inside?  Fits with the ‘dead sarlacc’ mention in the episode at least...

7 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’m no expert - is there a big difference from Mando surviving the Krayt dragon, ie getting swallowed and killing it from the inside?  Fits with the ‘dead sarlacc’ mention in the episode at least...

mando came out like a few seconds later. Everybody was still around for a bit with Boba and he didn’t come out. His jet pack was also busted and he was unarmed. 

also, Mando is an actual badass and Boba would have been run over by the sand crawler in episode 2 of this show while he fell over while tying his shoes. 

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Please, enlighten us on the chemical composition of a sarlacc pit's stomach.

39 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Please, enlighten us on the chemical composition of a sarlacc pit's stomach.

well of the top of my head, once a victim is swallowed, they make their way into the sarlacc's stomach to be digested, deliberately being kept alive by the beast and digested extremely slowly for a millennium. The stomach walls are lined with tentacled vessels which puncture and embed itself into the prey's skin and muscles before fixing them into the walls. The tentacles then inject neurotoxins into them, causing constant pain and rendering them immobile while being fixed into the walls of the stomach and digested. 

The vessels also give just enough special sustenance for its prey to enable them to live for centuries while they are digested. In addition to the acidic fluids that dissolve the outer portions of the meals, the sarlacc also process them from within. The tendrils and vessels pump the sarlacc's acidic blood into its victims and carry back nutrients from them. Occasionally, when a victim is digested for longer than usual, the sarlacc actually embeds them in the lining of the stomach to make room for other victims it swallows. This is  to make the stomach stronger. 

Many smaller secondary stomachs are used to store prisoners for later consumption at times when the sarlacc needs larger amounts of nutrients, such as when it needs to grow, breed, or strengthen its tentacles and beak to catch stronger, larger prey. The secondary stomachs also function as a space to store victims when the main stomach runs out of room, although this is rare as the sarlaccs are an exceptionally feared creature in the Galaxy. 

In conclusion, since Boba’s armor only partially covers his body, he should have been killed dead and stayed that way. 

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

In conclusion, since Boba’s armor only partially covers his body, he should have been killed dead and stayed that way. 

Didn't he escape from the sarlacc in a comic book?

From what you described, its not "inexcusable" and would retcon him into a much more formidable foe, after being botched by Lucas.

If this was anyone other than Fliloni and Favreau, I'd wonder. But, they don't cram old characters in for fan service. There will be a reason.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Didn't he escape from the sarlacc in a comic book?

From what you described, its not "inexcusable" and would retcon him into a much more formidable foe, after being botched by Lucas.

If this was anyone other than Fliloni and Favreau, I'd wonder. But, they don't cram old characters in for fan service. There will be a reason.

I agree I trust those guys for sure. They haven’t let us down yet. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree I trust those guys for sure. They haven’t let us down yet. 

They also did very well bringing Maul back in Clone Wars--the final season they added was outstanding. What the prequels should have been.

1 hour ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

That was one of the best animation > live action character reveals I’ve seen.

same voice and character model as TCW of course, but man even the armor was spot on.

Same actor. It was spot on and awesome. I love the semi-plot hole patching they did with the helmets too.

Oh...and the 1st mention of HER!

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Bo-Katan. 😍

More like BONER-Katan...amirite?

• Like 1

I haven't seen more than clips of the last two movies.

Will get around to The Mandalorian in time.  Seen clips too.

I wish they kept the same style of filmmaking as the first three movies (4,5,6) with the prequels and sequels.

Rush is my favorite band because of their early and middle stuff...the later stuff doesn't resonate w me.

Almost the same w Star Wars.  I'm all about the first 3 movies made.

Big payoff in this episode.... it's prolly gonna be awhile until we see the one we all want to see.

I like the "hidden information" the viewers know, the Mamdalorians should have talked more to each other.  

It's nice seeing the little cameo roles for some of the actors... "It's the guy who was going to kill Mark Wahlbergs daughter in Transformers 4!!!!"

47 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

All I really care about atm is good tv. I'm getting that. I'm not familiar with any of the lore outside of the movies so I'm not real antsy about all the subplots

Seriously, watch Rebels sometime. It had a linear plot so imo it's easier to watch than Clone Wars (which jumps around). Same writer/producer as Mando (Dave Filoni).

• Like 1