Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

45 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

But he didn't fall down the shaft. He force grabbed an air vent on his way down. As for cutting in half, we have people surviving that too and they were not cut in half by a laser (edit..I know..light saber) like he was. 

But again, we are talking about far fetched things and the force/jedis/sith in the same sentence so it's all relative. :P 

So how is it that Darth Maul could survive after being cut in half and falling down a shaft, but the more powerful emperor couldn't survive falling down a shaft when he was fully intact?

I'm not buying it.  He was an overrated character from the beginning just because he was red and black with horns and a dual light saber.

2 hours ago, China said:

So how is it that Darth Maul could survive after being cut in half and falling down a shaft, but the more powerful emperor couldn't survive falling down a shaft when he was fully intact?

I'm not buying it.  He was an overrated character from the beginning just because he was red and black with horns and a dual light saber.

Because he was the son of one of the Nightsisters, whose arcane magic most of the jedi never knew of. The were alleged to know the dark side better than anyone.

And do we really know if Emperor Palpatine is dead (I know..he's dead).  Granted, he was pretty damn feeble (but powerful) at the end of ROTJ.  :) 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2016 at 11:24 AM, Riggo#44 said:

I believe they're making a Boba Fett "origin" movie as well.

We already got a Boba Fett origin movie. It was called Attack of the Clones. 

Seriously, I'm so over this character. Him and his dad running around like the Tin Man when the flying monkeys come.

Neither do anything cool, badass or worthwhile at all and they both die like the chump ass ****es that they are. Like father like son I guess. 

But hey, Vader told him "no disintegrations" so I guess a legend was born. 

5 hours ago, China said:

At least we got to see him do cool **** and look menacing. He shows up a couple times and there is a fear there. And he has a badass look complimented by a badass lightsaber  

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

With all the nimrods on this planet that get horn implants in their heads and have bad tattoos, I guess I don't find Darth Maul scary or intimidating looking; just some nerdboy's version of what scary and intimidating looks like.

Oh no, it's Darth loser...

Image result for horn implants images

Edited by China

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Except for the Last Stand, the Last Action Hero...

the Last Unicorn was pretty awesome though.

Glad you didn't include "The Last Dragon." 

But this is a good title. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I remember checking that one out in the theater as a kid.  Good times. :cheers:

Whatever happens in The Last Jedi, I hope the director sacks up and makes it gritty and awesome.

Definitely a movie that had to be enjoyed as a kid first. 

Personally..I like the title but who does it refer to? Luke? Rey? Someone else?

I'm suspecting a lot of the movie will focus on Luke's isolation on Ahch-To...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Definitely a movie that had to be enjoyed as a kid first. 

Personally..I like the title but who does it refer to? Luke? Rey? Someone else?

I'm suspecting a lot of the movie will focus on Luke's isolation on Ahch-To...

It should be focused on Luke because according to Yoda in ROTJ, Last of the Jedi he will be... (when Yoda is gone).

But, Jedi could be plural and it could mean Luke and Rey (IF she becomes a Jedi). I"m hoping Disney has some balls (not getting my hopes up) and Kylo ends up being the good guy and Rey becomes evil.   Its too predictable at this point.  Disney has an open slate and they've thus far done nothing new.  I'm really hoping this is the movie that changes it.

Edited by codeorama
  • Like 4