Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 ES GMs mock draft - and we're spent.

Epochalypse

Just putting it our there early that the 4 pick is on the table. 

In absolutely zero rush to move down as there's 3 or 4 I'd take in a heartbeat there. But it's open to consideration. 

Hail. 

Hey you silly!!!

Don't start trading your pick when we haven't even started the league!

Especially when you pick at #4 and me at #5 that's unfair! You're already screwing my chances to deal #5!

Commissioner please!

When is this happening if I available in down for ANY team

I'll go back and check when we started last year, but I believe it lasted a few weeks and wrapped up before the actual draft.

I'll give you the Seahawks if you don't mind.

Hey you silly!!!

Especially when you pick at #4 and me at #5 that's unfair! You're already screwing my chances to deal #5!

Commissioner please!

Dallas is perfectly within their rights to start shopping but no trades can become official until we kick this thing off.  Keep in mind that if he agrees to something before all the teams fill, he may be missing the opportunity that one of the remaining teams may have come in with a better offer.

Hey you silly!!!

Commissioner please!

Jaguar please. We're Dallas and we can do what we want!

Hasn't Jerruh taught you ANYTHING over the years?

Hail. 

We just need 8 more GMs and we'll have all the teams filled.  I haven't picked one yet because I will take whatever team no one else wants unless I win the Redskins again.  Speaking of which, I am still open to ideas on how to decide that this year.  Last year I chose a number and gave it to a mod and had those interested try to guess the number.  That was one way but if there is a better way I am open to considering it.

We just need 8 more GMs and we'll have all the teams filled.  I haven't picked one yet because I will take whatever team no one else wants unless I win the Redskins again.  Speaking of which, I am still open to ideas on how to decide that this year.  Last year I chose a number and gave it to a mod and had those interested try to guess the number.  That was one way but if there is a better way I am open to considering it.

All the names into a hat?

Started on the long road to the draft last night looking at the roster and the needs therein. (Although at 4 I'm definitely a BPA regardless. Limit your chances of failure top 5/10.). 

Lot of hard work last year but really rewarding. Completely different switching ends of the draft too. 27 was a LONG wait the first round last year haha. 

Hail. 

Seem to remember we started mid March last year. Scrapped it due to a load of unrealistic trades. Including this classic..Robert Griffin III, QB, Jason Hatcher, DE and Chris Chester, OG to the Houston Texans for JJ Watt, DE.

Think we started it proper last week of March/start of April. Starting that time again suits me fine anyway. I've a lot more tape watching to be doing. If you want to start it a bit earlier though that's fine too.

Seem to remember we started mid March last year. Scrapped it due to a load of unrealistic trades. Including this classic..Robert Griffin III, QB, Jason Hatcher, DE and Chris Chester, OG to the Houston Texans for JJ Watt, DE.

Think we started it proper last week of March/start of April. Starting that time again suits me fine anyway. I've a lot more tape watching to be doing. If you want to start it a bit earlier though that's fine too.

Thanks, that sounds about right, so expect it to be very similar wilco.  I'm not a fan of messing with what worked unless a better solution comes along.

and those that didn't see the sheer genius of my trade for JJ Watt are haters pure and simple... :ph34r:

Speaking of which, no player trading again this year; last year showed that was not the way to true happiness.

All the names into a hat?

I do that with the fantasy football league I am the commissioner for when deciding draft order because they all know and trust me.

You all don't know me from Adam so I prefer a method that has some unbiased oversight.

Without that, I'd actually hate pulling my own name for concerns about impropriety and I'd hate not pulling my name because I'd like to be the Redskins again.

I'd love for it to be some group accepted way of deciding how well everyone did the year prior, if we could come to some consensus as to how that would work that would be my favorite option.  A way of being rewarded for doing well with whatever team you had last year.

I would think about doing this earlier this year. So that those that aren't already in can apply as well and may take a back up team if they do not end up with the Redskins. And the one that wins it gives his actual team back if he already have one. It's better to have 32 guys in this.

Started on the long road to the draft last night looking at the roster and the needs therein. (Although at 4 I'm definitely a BPA regardless. Limit your chances of failure top 5/10.). 

Lot of hard work last year but really rewarding. Completely different switching ends of the draft too. 27 was a LONG wait the first round last year haha. 

Hail. 

Well I can trade ya #4 and #35 picks for my #5 if you feel like going down to makes you feel better.

I'm used at picking #5 anyway...

let me check when we started last year, I believe we waited on comp pick release and started then. As for times between picks ill slso check what we did last year.

I believe we had 6 hours spans for each pick because of GMT stuff for euro guys. Seemed slow at times, but on US evening it was going really smooth to me.

Thanks, that sounds about right, so expect it to be very similar wilco.  I'm not a fan of messing with what worked unless a better solution comes along.

and those that didn't see the sheer genius of my trade for JJ Watt are haters pure and simple... :ph34r:

Speaking of which, no player trading again this year; last year showed that was not the way to true happiness.

Well, the thing with the JJ Watt trade was what Houston did, not the Redskins.

On this thing I remember that is was completly reckless... Especially when some started to trades guys they just drafted...

If we're about to trade guys, let's make sure we have some serious rules to play within so it doesn't turn into last year madness.

Well I can trade ya #4 and #35 picks for my #5 if you feel like going down to makes you feel better.

I'm used at picking #5 anyway...

We should try it to see if anyone would realise what just happened haha. 

Have to be a good offer for the 4 pick. Figuring on Dallas getting some high comps this year for the likes of Murray. 

Hail. 

Okay to address some things from Wildbunny...

Everybody who has picked a team still has the opportunity to get thrown into the pool for a chance at the Redskins if they so desire.  The way I am envisioning it is all the teams fill up except the Redskins with me standing on the sidelines, we'll do whatever selection process we do for them and then the winner takes the Redskins and I will take whatever team the newly crowned Redskins GM had up to that point.  Unless I win the Redskins then I just slide in there.  What picking a team now for everyone else does is show which team they would like if they don't get or don't want to be the Skins.  Make sense?

As for when we started, I believe last year we waited on official word of the compensatory picks since that significantly impacts our drafting.  Because we also get our assigned teams' comp picks.  That happens usually after the start of the league year and some FA movement has started which gives us an idea of what holes may or may not be filled for each team.  Once we start the draft the team roster and draft picks are locked in place from reality and then we make our own reality with regards to draft picks from that point.

We did have time allotments in place to allow for our European brethren to participate and I did my best sending PMs to people to let them know when they were coming up which seemed to work.  The best way to help out is to have a good idea of how many picks were occurring before you and estimate how long it take to get to you and plan accordingly.  As the draft unfolds the time estimates should become more clear.

And finally, to reiterate...NO TRADING PLAYERS!!!

How would you handle it?

Just give me a list of names and I'll assign them each a number from 1 to the list size. Use an RNG to select someone from the list.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important part. I'll then check to see who wired me the most money and give him the team and throw out the list.

Archived