Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 ES GMs mock draft - and we're spent.

Epochalypse

23 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Bounce me over the details of everything that it entails and how much more time consuming it becomes then just mere drafting and I'll weigh it all up. (Time difference/ commitment etc.). Sure we can find someway to work this seamlessly. 

Hail. 

To be fair, if you choose to run it you may run it as you please.  But if you plan to run it like I have, I'll say you:

- Need to set up 2 threads, one in Stadium and one in mock draft forum that lists rules, team assignments and draft order

- Need to determine who gets what team

- Need to determine start date

Leading up to the draft you have to keep everyone engaged as much as possible.  Then when the draft kicks off you have to be able to update the threads with draft picks, trades, and keep everyone on the clock.  Determining the length of time people have to make picks will be important.  Being online for those times the clock runs out will be a pain, but I was able to deal with it for the past two years so I mean it's not impossible.

Again, entirely depends on how you want to run it.  A pure case of "It's good to be the king".

Look forward to participating once I hear.  And I'll throw out my first preference is to be the Redskins :redskins-3908:

Thanks for taking this on GHH!

Considering the size of participants and time zones, schedules etc... it worked out pretty well I thought in no small part to Epoch's efforts. The biggest hurdle it seems to me is what to do with those habitual folks who do not get their picks in on time. You'll figure something out I'm sure.

I'll take the Raiders again...

6 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Thanks for taking this on GHH!

Considering the size of participants and time zones, schedules etc... it worked out pretty well I thought in no small part to Epoch's efforts. The biggest hurdle it seems to me is what to do with those habitual folks who do not get their picks in on time. You'll figure something out I'm sure.

Beheading sound a tad harsh?

Just, this King thing and all ...... We used to do that **** as a lesson! Might speed up the draft process .....

Hail. 

Hey now. I only said I liked the idea of being King. The sneaky lil' f-er went and messed with my emotions there and made me forget about everything else. He knows how to appeal to me damn him! 

I'm still weighing up running this, this year so give me a day or two. 

The beheading idea stands though. Put the threat of that in for the time delayers, then heck knows what would happen to you if you completely missed your pick! Loyal subjects have to make sacrifices for the Kingdom to run smoothly.:evil:

Hail. 

So for reference last year's real draft started 28 April.  This year's starts 27 April I believe.

Last year we started the mock draft I believe 26 March and finished 23 April...4 days before the real one kicked off.

You may want to make a decision soon there GHH, because GMs will need time to do some homework on their teams.  For someone gung ho about beheading people for taking too long....just sayin'.

1 hour ago, Epochalypse said:

So for reference last year's real draft started 28 April.  This year's starts 27 April I believe.

Last year we started the mock draft I believe 26 March and finished 23 April...4 days before the real one kicked off.

You may want to make a decision soon there GHH, because GMs will need time to do some homework on their teams.  For someone gung ho about beheading people for taking too long....just sayin'.

Don't F with the King! :taz:

I'm formulating this years plan. You know, just in case I accept to relieve you. 

Hail. 

*Edit* F-it. I accept. I'll put a new 2017 Mock Draft thread up later. Not sure of the need for two if there's an updated running OP. Provisional start date will be Th, March 30. Exactly one month before the official draft. Which falls in line pretty much with our first two drafts but I'll detail those dates in the new OP. I shall be mailing all the original owners of last years draft in due course to see if they want to continue participating/ reading last years teams. But if you want to add here a yay or nay in the interim that'll help immensely. The same if you want considering for the Redskins. With the only exceptions I propose to that being myself and Epoch can't be considered in the interests of fairness having been the two owners the two years we've done this. This will be done quickly so as the Redskin GM has enough time to prep along with everyone else. Just need to settle on how. 

Full details of everything else to follow but we more or less have this down pat to continue running smoothly 

That is all for now my loyal subjects. Your new King. :evil:

• TSO locked this topic

Archived