Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 ES GMs mock draft - and we're spent.

Epochalypse

2 hours ago, Gallen5862 said:

I want the Panthers again when we start it again.

I believe we'll have to give the priority to a real Panthers fan :P

You can have the Jags if ya want!

20 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

So when's the next one starting?

When the NYG Owner from here have selected the new pup... commissionner my bad.

4. Dallas Cowboys - EZEKIEL ELLIOT, RB, Ohio St: Nailed it.

31. Dallas Cowboys (from Denver Broncos) - SU'A CRAVENS, LB/S, USC: Up and down year.  Ended up hurt

84. Dallas Cowboys (from Washington Redskins) - SHAWN OAKMAN, DL, Baylor: Jailed after our draft. Missed the year

94. Dallas Cowboys (from Denver Broncos) - BRONSON KAUFUSI, DE, Brigham Young: Broke Ankle. Missed the year

120. Dallas Cowboys (from Washington Redskins) - NICK VANNETT, TE, Ohio St:  9 games/2 starts for Seattle

135. Dallas Cowboys (compensatory) - ZACK SANCHEZ,CB, Oklahoma: 5 games/1 start for Carolina

144. Dallas Cowboys (through Denver Broncos (from Ravens)) - DEIONDRE' HALL, CB, Northern Iowa 8 games / 0 starts for Chicago

189. Dallas Cowboys (from Raiders) - ADAM GOTSIS, DL, Georgia Tech 16 games/0 starts for Denver

212. Dallas Cowboys (compensatory) - TERRENCE SMITH, OLB, Florida St 9 games/2 starts for Kansas City

216. Dallas Cowboys (compensatory) - PAUL MCROBERTS, WR, Southeast Missouri St 9 games/2 starts for LA Rams
217. Dallas Cowboys (compensatory) - KAVON FRAZIER, SS, Central Michigan 9 games/0 Starts for Dallas

Denver has Dallas' 2nd round pick this year

Dallas has Redskins' 2nd round pick this year

Every player other then Oakman (who became undraftable after our draft) is on a roster and other then the injured 2 (Cravens and Kaufusi) they all played in week 17.

HELLO MODS!

Looking to determine the best way forward for this year's fustercluck...I mean mock draft.

I was thinking a new thread as we've done before but if you would have it done differently I am at your disposal.

As a reminder, I am still unclear if I will be able to run this as effectively (cough) this time as I just started a new job and am planning on a second master's degree.  But I'll lay the groundwork for as long as I can.

15 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I believe we'll have to give the priority to a real Panthers fan :P

You can have the Jags if ya want!

TBF, Gallen's had the Panthers the two times we've done this and is invested. 

It should be his call whether he gives them up or not. The Panthers fan could appeal to him and all, but ultimately it should come down to Gallen as he's the current owner. 

Same goes for everyone. Bar Dave who only had the Cowboys on a yer loan whilst I did the Redskins next year. He wants them again and we're going at it out back Mano a Mano! Last man standing! 

Hail. 

Hahaha haha haha hahaha

Listen you kilt wearing souse, I'll take you out back and whoop your ginger ass. Then I'll take yer pot o gold and your ginger wife back across the pond to the gawd dang USA where I'll show that soulless lass how we git er done round these parts. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Don't make me go all scaly on your Yanky arse! 

Yers don't wanna' face that just for the sake of the frigging Cowboys! 

Hail. 

I have no idea what you are saying but that cute accent of yours makes it impossible for me to be mad at you. 

Honestly, I don't want to intrude then if whoever has the Panthers absolutely cannot choose another team.

I'm pretty invested in the Panthers overall - being a fan since '95 - but I won't want to have me be a priority over a true board member here.

I'd love to help draft and give great analysis. I like posting mock stuff all the time on the Huddle. But if a user wants to do them above me, then that's completely fine.

All I ask is for me to have some contribution to the Panther's draft picks in here if possible.

6 hours ago, Epochalypse said:

I was thinking a new thread as we've done before but if you would have it done differently I am at your disposal.

I'd say the status quo has worked just fine. Start up a new thread here in The Stadium  with any other extra ones in the mock draft forum. :) 

11 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Honestly, I don't want to intrude then if whoever has the Panthers absolutely cannot choose another team.

I'm pretty invested in the Panthers overall - being a fan since '95 - but I won't want to have me be a priority over a true board member here.

I'd love to help draft and give great analysis. I like posting mock stuff all the time on the Huddle. But if a user wants to do them above me, then that's completely fine.

All I ask is for me to have some contribution to the Panther's draft picks in here if possible.

First off, nice to have someone new on board for this that's totally committed and genuinely interested. It really is a time consuming effort that, yourself excepted from a Panthers standpoint, nobody here outside of the one lucky enough to draw the Redskins every year has no real invested interest in the team they're drafting for. But the majority do put in the time and genuinely try do the best for their respective 'team' as to what that team's needs are etc. It really is a draining and time consuming exercise and I can't praise all these fella's enough who've done this the last two years. 

I hope I didn't come across above as shunning an 'outsider' so to speak. Naturally you'd want the Panthers and I'm sure would do a brilliant job. Just for all the reasons and more mentioned above, Gallen5862, who has run them each time we've done this has a lot of himself invested in them so as silly as it probably sounds on what is ostensively just a fun fan exercise, it'd be a big wrench for him to give them up. 

Nice offer to contribute. I guess that's something you'd discuss with him but a very cool way of handling it and finding a solution that maybe suits everyone. 

From that alone you seem like a good addition to this mad place of ours. Welcome. :).

8 hours ago, Gallen5862 said:

YW bud but no need. Goes without saying to my mind. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

17 hours ago, Epochalypse said:

HELLO MODS!

Looking to determine the best way forward for this year's fustercluck...I mean mock draft.

As a reminder, I am still unclear if I will be able to run this as effectively (cough) this time as I just started a new job and am planning on a second master's degree.  But I'll lay the groundwork for as long as I can.

I could give a hand here and there, but not sure I got much time either... Can't do the full run though obviously. But keeping guys informed I can make it. Updating the first post will have to be done by the commissionner though.

Maybe we should have 2/3 guys running this thing along with the commissionner, with posts 2/3/4 dedicated to those guys so they can update the pick list, until the original post is updated. Which could help maybe.

13 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

TBF, Gallen's had the Panthers the two times we've done this and is invested. 

It should be his call whether he gives them up or not. The Panthers fan could appeal to him and all, but ultimately it should come down to Gallen as he's the current owner. 

Same goes for everyone. Bar Dave who only had the Cowboys on a yer loan whilst I did the Redskins next year. He wants them again and we're going at it out back Mano a Mano! Last man standing! 

Hail. 

Hey! I was just mocking him!

No way I'll accept any of your trade scenario!

angry-baby-1024x480.png

40 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

Alright it's becoming painfully obvious life will not allow me to run the draft this year.  So I offer it up to GHH first.  If he can't or won't maybe someone else will be able to.  My apologies.

That said, if this does go, I would like to participate.

Am I being punished here for Ajayi's second year coming out party? 

Hail. 

On 2/20/2017 at 5:39 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Can we just draft already?

Without the knowledge of medical evals, character issues et all, there's no more purer time than just going off the tape and what your eyes show you. 

I'm antsy to get started again! 

Hail. 

But I havent finished my tape yet....Not that it matters :)

23 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

On the contrary.

That pick has bestowed upon you legendary status among us all and you are being rewarded for your unrivaled vision.

I'm getting strange looks for laughing aloud at that/ laughing at myself right now. ****ER!

Bounce me over the details of everything that it entails and how much more time consuming it becomes then just mere drafting and I'll weigh it all up. (Time difference/ commitment etc.). Sure we can find someway to work this seamlessly. 

Hail. 

Archived