Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 ES GMs mock draft - and we're spent.

Epochalypse

By the way, is there any way to see our mock draft from 2015?  I'm coming up empty in a search for it and I think that would be better to look at as we'll have the benefit of a full year of development for our draftees that year.

I hope the board update didn't erase that thread...

Because Zach Zenner is still employed! :)

As is Ronald Blair. :hi:

Arizona Cardinals draft:

Round 1 Paxton Lynch with pick #20.  Actual pick #26.  NFL. com has him tied with Prescott for best rookie QB performances.  Appears ahead of schedule.  Expected to become starting QB for the Broncos at some point this season.   Preseason analysis from NFL.com: Lynch was much further ahead than I anticipated during the preseason. His footwork was very crisp, considering the adjustment he's making from the offense he was in at Memphis. He displayed a huge arm and showed the ability to create with his legs. He is much more comfortable working on the edges as opposed to attacking the middle of the field. Lynch's touch and ball placement were a little spotty in the third week of the preseason. GRADE: B+

Round 3 Jayron Kearse with pick #81.  Actual pick #244.  Kearse has been a standout in the NFL preseason with 18 total tackles, three passes defended, and two interceptions.  he has made the Vikings 53 man roster and is drawing praise from coaches and teammates for his hard work, football iq, and playmaking ability.   “He’s got a nose for the football. Sky’s the limit for him,” said cornerback Terence Newman. “Obviously he’s a guy that can make a lot plays, he’s rangy.”

Round 5 Jonathan Jones with pick # 170.  Actual pick undrafted.  Despite not being drafted Jones has earned a role on the Patriots 53 man roster by beating out the competition for the number 5 CB slot.   Belichick mentions two key points that made Jones earn a roster spot: his polished technique and his ability to play well on defense and special teams. "Jon earned a spot based on his play on the field and his consistency. He's out there every day, always comes in ready to go, has a good attitude, gives you great effort. He has got all of those things going for him."

Round 6 Joe Thuney with pick #205.  Actual pick #78.  The Patriots selected Thuney with their second overall pick in the draft.  Despite his 3rd round pedigree, so far this preseason Thuney has performed better than any other lineman in the entire draft- and better than most of the veterans, too.  He has consistently been praised as looking like the Patriots best lineman so far this season.  The sky might be the limit with this prospect.  "I think he's really a tremendous athlete," added Scarnecchia (Pats line coach), who ran Thuney through his paces in the pre-draft workout for the Patriots. "I think he's a really smart kid. He has a really good playing style. He's a good person. We feel like he's got the traits that we covet for people that come in here."   If there's one quality Patriots coaches value in their players more than any other, it's versatility. "The more you can do" is more than just a slogan around Gillette Stadium, it's the way many a player has won his job with the club, by being able to contribute at more than just his natural position. Thuney played all three positions in college, and that's just a credit to how hard he works, learning the offense and understanding what the team is trying to do as a whole rather than limiting himself.

I'm pretty happy with how my draft turned out.  Especially Thuney :cheers: 

35 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

By the way, is there any way to see our mock draft from 2015?  I'm coming up empty in a search for it and I think that would be better to look at as we'll have the benefit of a full year of development for our draftees that year.

I hope the board update didn't erase that thread...

Yeah I can't find it either. Be a massive shame if its been erased.

Have my own picks stored thankfully. 

16-16 NY Jets from Houston - BUD DUPREE, OLB Kentucky

2- 5-37 New York Jets - JAKE FISHER, OT Oregon

2-19-51 NY Jets from Houston - BRETT HUNDLEY, QB UCLA

3- 6-70 New York Jets - DAMARIOUS RANDALL, FS Arizona St

3-18-82 NY Jets from Houston - TYLER LOCKETT, WR Kansas St

4- 5-104 New York Jets - MIKE DAVIS, RB South Carolina

7- 6-223 New York Jets - ADAM SHEAD, G Oklahoma

7- 7-224 New York Jets from Chicago - NEVILLE HEWITT, ILB Marshall

Shead is the only player from that group not currently on a 53. Lockett, Randall and Hewitt stood out last year as really good value picks. Fisher and Hundley both got put into bad situations where they are on teams stacked in their respective positions, both looking good when called upon though. Mike Davis looking good this preseason. Bud Dupree is currently on injured reserve and coming off an ok rookie year. Was always raw with massive upside though so will need time to prove his worth. Very happy with that draft though personally. 

This year I have 6 out of 7 making the final 53. 

Rd 1 (#29) - WILLIAM JACKSON III, CB, Houston - Placed on injured reserve so not much I can say about him yet. 

Rd. 2 (#51) - STERLING SHEPARD, WR, Oklahoma - Been getting rave reviews all camp. Had him as my #2 receiver in the draft behind Doctson so not surprised. Guy is going to give us fits playing alongside Odell. 

Rd. 3 (#83) - JOSHUA PERRY, ILB, Ohio St - Made the Chargers 53. Think I said when I drafted Perry that he'll be a solid but likely unspectacular contributor wherever he goes. 

Rd. 4 (#118) - ISAAC SEUMALO, G, Oregon St - Expected to start at guard for the Eagles after an impressive camp. 

Rd. 4 (#128) - DANIEL LASCO, RB, California - Made the Saints 53. He's raw but flashing a lot of good stuff too. 

Rd. 5 (#157) - KJ DILLON, S, West Virginia - Absolutely love this guy. Massively underrated due to the fact he played alongside Karl Joseph in college. Made the Texans 53 and I think he's gonna prove to be a really good player in the pros. 

Rd. 6 (#207) - VERNON ADAMS JR, QB, Oregon - Went undrafted and had try outs with ourselves and the Seahawks but no joy. Now in the CFL. I still really like him but his size was always going to be a problem. Still maintain he has one of the best natural arms in the class. 

Post roster cut-down:

ILB Derron Lee: Jets 53-man roster.  Also Mel Kiper named him to his Preseason All-Rookie team

CB Artie Burns: Steelers 53-man roster.

TE Austin Hooper: Falcons 53-man roster.

QB Jacoby Brissett: Patriots 53-man roster.

OL Kyle Murphy: Packers 53-man roster.  Note-worthy: Packers cut pro-bowl lineman Josh Sitton (now with the bears :( ) while keeping Murphy.

Edge Rusher Stephen Weatherly: Vikings Practice Squad.

RB Josh Ferguson: Colts 53-man roster

NT Nile Lawrence-Stample: Browns Injured Reserve

So that's 6 roster players, one practice squad, and one IR.  Zero players without a home.  Can't ask for much more than that after cut-down day.

2016 ES Mock Draft- Chargers

1st Myles Jack LB UCLA - Started practicing and playing at OLB this week after spending all the PS backing up Pozluzny at MLB , much like Cravens for us. Interesting if both coaching staffs wanted them to learn in similar ways and start them at mike, then move them around. Officially listed at backup OLB. Also rocks #44, which should count for bonus points around here.

2nd Kevin Dodd DE Clemson -Tenn #2 LOLB 

3rd Vadal Alexander OG LSU- Oak #2 RG

4th Rashad Higgins WR CO St.-Cle #3 X WR

5th Tyler Higbee TE W. KY- LA Rams #2 TE - I believe someone referred to this guy as a convict. I believe that person was wrong :table2: 

6th Aaron Burbridge WR Mich St.- 49ers starting slot receiver 

6th Fahn Cooper OT Ole' Miss -49ers practice squad

7th Deon Bush S Miami- Bears #2 SS

Not bad for someone considered to be dead last in the post draft GM rankings. In fact, all of my draft picks over the last two years are still gainfully employed in the NFL. With my only blemish being Fahn Cooper, who was briefly cut, then signed to the 49ers practice squad. I'll wait to see if last years thread is truly dead before elaborating on last years draft class (Spoiler alert: Top 4 picks are starters at their position and the other two are #2's, and play roles on special teams.) Cheers to all who participated, and best of luck and health to all your picks this year, and a big thanks to Epoch for putting this thing together. And as Anakin Skywalker once said: 'This is where the fun begins' 

:runlukerun:

See if I can remember my 2015 picks...

La'el Collins - Cowboys starting LG

Stephone Anthony - Saints starting MLB

Jaquiski Tartt - 49ers backup SS

Jaelen Strong - Texans backup WR

Zach Zenner - Lions backup RB

Blake Bell - 49ers backup TE

Senquez Golson - Steelers IR for second straight year

Michael Bennett - Jaguars IR

Vince Mayle - unemployed WR

Jarvis Harrison - unemployed G

So 2 starters, 4 backups, 2 IR and 2 unemployed.  Also came out of this draft with the Eagles 1st round pick (turned out to be the 8th overall where Titans took Jack Conklin) and the Saints 3rd (pick 78 ended up being Joe Thuney to the Pats).

2015 Lions

• Jordan Philips - Rotational DT for Miami Dolphins
  • Laken Tomlinson - Starting LG for the Lions
  • David Johnson - Starting RB for Cardinals with a ton of hype
  • Jordan Hicks - Starting MLB for Eagles
  • Dezmin Lewis - Practice Squad for Bills
  • Damiaann Swann - Nickel corner for Saints before going on IR
  • Darius Philon - Starting LDE for Chargers
  •  
  • So four starters, two key rotational guys, and one guy on a practice squad. I'd say this is a B+ to A draft honestly.
  •  
  • 2015 Cheifs
  •  
  • Devante Parker - Starting WR
  • Paul Dawson - 53 last year, released now. BUST
  • Hroniss Grasu - Starting C before going on IR
  • Tyrus Thompson - Was on Lions 53 last year, now backup for Saints before IR
  • Adrian Amos - Starting FS for Bears
  • Za'Darious Smith - Situational OLB for Ravens
  • Ellis McCarthy - Didn't even make a 53. Out of league. BUST
  • Cedric Reed - Didn't make a 53. Out of the league. BUST
  • Craig Mager - Backup CB for the Chargers
  • Chris Bonner - Didn't make a 53. out of the league. BUST
  •  
  • Three starters, one routine contributor, and two backups. Meanwhile, 4 busts including an early round pick in Dawson. C draft.
  •  
  • 2016 Chiefs
  •  
  • Kendall Fuller - On the 53 for the Redskins
  • Michael Thomas - On the 53 for the Saints
  • Cardale Jones - On the 53 for the Bills
  • Jihad Ward - Starter for the Raiders
  • Sebastian Tretola - On the 53 for the Titans
  • Blake Martinez - Starting MLB for the Packers
  •  
  • So going out of training camp, every pick made a 53 man roster. I have two starters, one grabbed in the 4th and one in the 6th. Additionally, both of my 2nd round picks (Fuller and Thomas) are in quasi-starting positions as the Nickel CB and the #3 WR for the Saints. Stil too early to judge, but it's looking like a very solid draft thus far.

• 4 months later...

Yeah I'm interested in helping with providing near accurate Panther picks to the best of my ability.

What makes the accuracy tough is finding out the players Gettleman likes, since he's near unpredictable. Bradberry may be the best rookie corner out of the draft according to PFF, but he still wasn't expected.

However, noticed he likes physical potential, so I may research based on that, along with obvious needs for the team.

Whoever picked for the Panthers Jordan Howard in the 3rd.

You don't know how much I wish that were a reality.

Just reviewing how my picks for the Raiders turned out and I had some spare time...

• #14 Robert Nkemdiche DT : Cardinals 1st round selection #29th overall - has been in and out of Arian's doghouse but seemed to have turned the corner late in the season before an ankle injury sidelined him. 
  • #75 TJ Green FS : Colts 2nd round selection #57 overall - not getting glowing reviews to say the least thus far and we'll see if he can improve upon his poor rookie season.
  • #104 Willie Henry DT  : Ravens 4th round selection #132 overall - did not see any action before being placed on IR so we'll see.
  • #130 Jerell Adams TE : Giants 6th round selection #184 overall - great grades by PFF believe he will play a bigger role this coming season.
  • #143 Travis Feeney OLB : Steelers 6th round selection #220 overall - signed by Saints to their PS.
  • #154 Keith Marshall RB : Redskins 7th round selection #242 overall - your guess is as good as mine but likely not for long in the league.
  • #156 Graham Glasgow OL : Lions 3rd round selection #95 overall - currently starting on their OL and seemingly playing well.
  • #162 Malcolm Mitchell WR : Patriots 4th round selection #112 overall - playing well and if can stay healthy could have a long career.
  • #165 Jatavis Brown OLB : Chargers 5th round selection #175 overall - started for Chargers before going down with an injury in week 8.
  • #194 Brandon Shell OT : Jets 5th round selection #158 overall - may have already solidified the RT position.
  • #234 Marshaun Coprich RB : Giants UDFA since waived which surprised me since the dude can run the ball

I can live with this :)

Well hello there :headbang:

I just started a new job after retiring from the Air Force and I still have no idea what my ops tempo will be to see if I would be able to run this thing this coming year.  We have some time until I usually kick this off so hopefully I'll have a better feel for my job by then.  If it doesn't work out though, this may be an opportunity for someone (*cough* GHH) to run it but I would like to participate even if I am unable to run the entire thing.

2015 - Apparently I am the reaper...

La'el Collins - Cowboys starting LG; placed on IR

Stephone Anthony - Saints starting MLB; placed on IR

Jaquiski Tartt - 49ers starting S after Reid placed on IR

Jaelen Strong - Texans backup WR; placed on IR

Zach Zenner - Lions starting RB after starters went to IR; "best white RB in the NFL" per Michael Bennett! :cheers:

Blake Bell - 49ers backup TE; placed on IR

Senquez Golson - Steelers IR for second straight year

Michael Bennett - Jaguars IR

Vince Mayle - Ravens backup WR

Jarvis Harrison - Buccaneers G - signed to 2017 reserve/futures contract

Also the Eagles 1st round pick and Saints 3rd round pick I believe (Neither did well, yay me!) 

2016 picks for the Bears

SHAQ LAWSON - Bills injured early played some then had shoulder surgery recently; 10 games 1 start - 13 tkls 2 sacks 1 ff

VERNON BUTLER - Panthers injured early played some backup DT; 10 games 0 starts - 13 tkls 1.5 sacks

KEANU NEAL - Falcons injured early now the starting S for the Super Bowl bound Falcons; 14 games 14 starts 106 tkls 5 ff

ROBERTO AGUAYO - Buccaneers kicker; 22/31 fgs, 32/34 xps

HARLAN MILLER - Cardinals backup CB; 2 games 2 starts - 7 tkls 1 int

JOE DAHL - Lions back up G; 6 games 0 starts

MORITZ WILHELM-BOEHRINGER - Vikings signed to reserve/futures contract for 2017

ROY ROBERTSON-HARRIS - Bears IR

BEAU SANDLAND - Packers reserve/futures contract for 2017

BLAKE COUNTESS - Rams backup CB; 5 games 2 starts - 20 tkls 1 sack

Also the Browns 3rd round pick (Browns didn't do well, yay me!)

2016 picks for other teams

KEVIN BYARD - Titans backup S; 16 games 7 starts 58 tkls 1 sack

CALEB BENENOCH - Buccaneers backup G; 5 games 1 start

DEMARCUS ROBINSON - Chiefs backup WR; 17 games 0 starts

TREVOR DAVIS - Packers backup WR; 11 games 0 starts 3 rec 24 yds 1 td

KOLBY LISTENBEE - Bills injured all year

WILLIE BEAVERS - Vikings backup OL; 2 games 0 starts

REES ODHIAMBO - Seahawks backup OL; 8 games 0 starts

BJ GOODSON - Giants backup MLB; 15 games 0 starts - 9 tkls 1 ff

DJ READER - Texans backup NT; may be starter next year with Wilfork expected to retire; 16 games 7 starts - 22 tkls 1 sack

JUSTON BURRIS - Jets backup DB; 16 games 1 start - 16 tkls 1 int

DANIEL BRAVERMAN - Bears backup WR; 3 games 0 starts

DEAN LOWRY - Packers backup DL; 18 games 0 starts - 8 tkls 2 sacks

I picked up the Jets 5th rounder for the 49ers (Jets didn't do well, yay me!)

Epoch: You can put Dean Lowry down as a rotational DL for the Packers.  He showed some flashes in his limited opportunities.

Also, what happened to the 2015 draft thread?  The links to it are inaccessible :(

So until I can find my 2015 draft, here's my season retrospective on my 2016 draft:

27(20) Darron Lee, LB Jets - According to PFF, he was the worst rookie LB to play this season. :blink: Certainly not what I expected in drafting him in the first round, nor what the Jets were expecting.  I have read that much of his struggles were earlier in the season and he started to get comfortable later, so we'll see how things go next season.  As of now, though, not the fantastic pick I thought it was at the time.

D+

56(25) Artie Burns, CB Steelers - 3 picks, 5 passes defensed.  Thrown to the wolves as a rookie starter, he put together a solid rookie season.  He'll build on this season and continue to improve.  Packers sure coulda used him this season.

A

88(81) Austin Hooper, TE Falcons - Playing in an explosive offense, Hooper is headed for the Super Bowl.  He's averaged about 20 yards a game, which isn't anything eye-popping, but he's has been splitting reps with a veteran, plus there's Julio Jones to soak up all the targets on offense.

C

130(Undrafted) Josh Ferguson, RB Colts - Made the Colts roster as a UDFA.  Stuck behind Frank Gore and Robert Turbin, he had few opportunities to make an impact.  At most he was splitting a 3rd down back roll with most of his touches coming in the form of a backfield receiving target.  Curious how he would have performed on the Packers when there were no healthy HBs on the roster.  But, as it is, he seems to be living up more to his status as a UDFA rather than a 4th rounder where I grabbed him :/

D-

137(200) Kyle Murphy, OT Packers - Made the roster to start the season.  Last OL off the bench, which isn't surprising considering every other OL on the team has some experience starting other than fellow rookie Jason Spriggs who was taken at the top of the 2nd round.  Managed to play a few snaps and didn't seem to get noticeably abused.

C

163(91) Jacoby Brissett, QB Patriots - Headed for Super Bowl Clipboard duty.  Forced to start early in the season during Brady's suspension and injuries to veteran backups, Brissett put together a couple wins before reclaiming his position on the bench.

B-

200(Undrafted) Nile Lawrence-Stample, NT Browns - Spent the season on IR.  I had hoped to see him show he was better than his undrafted position implied, but he never got the chance

Incomplete

248(227) Stephen Weatherly, EDGE Vikings - Started the season on the Practice Squad before earning a promotion to the 53 man roster in November.  He was never expected to contribute this season, but rather see what he can develop into with his combination of size and athleticism.

C

I took a number of players who weren't really expected to contribute much this year either due to the position, or the situation they were drafted into.  Haven't really gotten to see much of anything from Weatherly, Lawrence-Stample, Brissett, or Murphy.  I mean, sure Brissett got in a few games, but the game plans looked to be very simplified since he hadn't had the time to really learn the offense.

Other than that, I've got the underperforming Darron Lee in the first, Austin Hooper splitting snaps in the third, Josh Ferguson buried on the depth chart in the 4th, and then my ray of sunshine that is Artie Burns performing admirably in the second.

And then aside from the players, there's also my trade of 2016 4th and 2017 4th for 2017 2nd.

EDIT: Austin Hooper has now scored a TD in the Super Bowl.  How many of you can say that about your draft picks?

Outside of the obvious issues with Josh Doctson - Ugg - pretty good draft. 5 were on the final 53 man roster. 3 starters. Bradberry has to be one of the steals of the mock draft. A more than solid starter to replace Josh Norman taken in the 5th rd. After a little rocky start to the year, finished strong. He was taken in the 2nd rd of the real draft.

Player College Position Mock Draft
Position
Actual Draft
Position
NFL team  Current Status
Josh Doctson TCU WR 23 22 Washington Redskins Ugg - Enough said. 
Germain Ifedi Texas A&M OT 54 31 Seattle Seahawks 13 game starter at RG
Carl Nassib Penn State DE 86 65 Cleveland Browns Ended the season as the starting DE - played in 14 gms, started 3
Jonathan Williams Arkansas RB  121 156 Buffalo Bills Made the 53 - 4th RB behind McCoy, Gillilee, and Bush
James Bradberry Samford CB/S 160 62 Carolina Panthers Starting R CB - 13 game starter - injured 3 games
Thomas Duarte UCLA WR 180 231 Miami Dolphins  Made the final 53 - game day inactive most of the season. 
Tom Hackett Utah P 230 UDFA No Team Signed as a UDFA by the Jets - released in training camp

Clark, Fackrell, Thomas, Tuerk, Vigil, Hogan and Anderson (all my picks) made their 53 (Hogan was cut from Chiefs but then picked up by Browns).  Having trouble finding starting stats/snaps (anyone have a link?), but I'm pretty sure they all got PT (beyond ST).  Not a great draft, but pretty decent I think. 

Tuerk claimed the starting C gig with the chargers, and I have pretty high hopes for Thomas and Anderson, but they need(ed) seasoning.  Think there's a pretty good chance Clark, Fackrell, and Vigil become regular starters.  

Think Houston could have used Hogan.  As I said when I drafted him, I think he fits what O'Brien wants from a qb.  

Still happy that I called Anderson to Houston.  

Okie dokie, last years draft results through this season. 

Different experience for me being as I dropped on the Redskins after originally prepping for my usual team the Cowboys. And for the first time since we've been doing this one of my picks wasn't on a roster to end the season down to an injury release. 

R1/ P21. OC. Ryan Kelly. Arkansas. Actually taken R1/ P18. Colts. 

Picked 3 places higher than I took him.

Started all 16 games for the Colts his rookie year. 

R2/ P58. DE. Ronald Blair. Appalachian State. R5/ P148. '9ers. 

Picked 3 rounds and 90 places from where I took him. Back-up RDE in San Francisco. 

16 Games/ 0 Starts. 11 Tackles/ 7 Solo. 3 Sacks. 

R3/ P67. DT. Austin Johnson. Penn State. R2/ P43. Titans. 

Picked a round and 23 spots higher than where I drafted him. Back-up NT in Tennessee. 

10 Games/ 0 Starts. 14 Tackles/ 7 Solo. 1 Sack. 1 PDF. 

R4/ P99. CB. Rashard Robinson. LSU. R4/ P133. '9ers. 

Picked in the same round but 34 places below where I took hm. Worked his way to be the '9ers starting RCB the second half of the season. 

14 Games/ 6 Starts. 28 Tackles/ 25 Solo. 1 INT. 1 PDF. 

R5/ P152. WR. Charone Peake. Clemson. R7/ P241. Jets. 

Picked 2 rounds and 89 places below were I drafted him. Back-up WR. 

15 Games/ 1 Start. 19 R. 186 YDS. 9.8 YPC. 1 TD. Long 27 YDS. 7 FD. 

R5/ P159. OT. Dominique Robertson. West Georgia. UFA. Buccaneers. 

After a very promising mini-camp that had the Buccs beat guys predicting he would be a strong contender for a roster spot through training camp, the young man was unfortunately shot twice in the league in an incident he's reported as being an innocent bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time. (No police charges.). That was on July 3. He was let go just prior to TC July 23 on a 'non football injury' release. As of today, he's not managed to find another team. 

So 5 out of 6 players all contributing. 2 starters. 3 back-ups and 1 injury release through no fault of his own. Through various draft day movement, we ended up down 2 picks from our original 8 with a lost 2017 second rounder. Quite happy with my lot for the Redskins and how they panned out their respective rookie years. If I had a do over, I'd probably of taken Blair a little later. Not that I still don't believe he's a second round talent and one of the best pass rushers in last Springs draft. (I think what he did produce in very limited field time for the woeful '9ers this past year more than flashed that.). But because hardly anyone had researched an App State player despite his great Nationwide numbers and as such wouldn't of taken him until the back end! Note to self: NEVER rely on your fellow GM'S! Could of ultimately saved myself the 2017 second if I'd of known this prior to drafting that I used to jump back up for AJ! :angry:.

But before the usual suspect jumps in mocking, remember all the grief I took over Dallas' first rounder 2 years back .....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmmBeMSVv3mUhQSZyUxde

Yeah. THAT guy! That GHH ..... He can pick a player huh? :P.

See you all in April. The Dallas prep. is already underway! 

Hail. 

So I think I may have figured out my draft class from last year.  If I list anyone you know I didn't draft, let me know.  This list is not gonna be pretty.

2015 Draft Class:

Arik Armstead, DL 49ers - I drafted him as a high ceiling player to round out his game over time while being able to come in as a run stuffer.  Seems I read him wrong and instead of being used as a run-stuffer early on while his pass rush skills were worked on, he was used as a situational pass rusher presumably while his run stuffing improved.  First year he saw two sacks in 16 games playing about a third of the defensive snaps.  This year he managed to put up 2.5 sacks in just 8 games before unfortunately winding up on IR.  He seemed to be on pace to play around 60% of the team's defensive snaps before going down with the injury, so while he played in half as many games, his snap count wound up only being about 10% less than last year which means two things: He was trusted to play a lot more, and while his production per game went up significantly, so did his usage.  All in all, though, he still put up more 25% more sacks in 10% fewer snaps, and earned a lot more trust on the field.  Unfortunately, though, with an injury, we didn't get to see him progress through the year.  Next year will be a big year in judging this pick.

Alex Carter, CB Lions - Missed the entire 2015 season on IR.  Still trying to come back to form in 2016, didn't make the 53 man roster and went to the practice squad.  Finally got called up to the 53 man roster at the end of the year and played a whopping four snaps... all on special teams.  If he doesn't have a breakout 3rd year, this draft of mine will be going down in the hall of shame fast.

Ben Heeney, ILB Oakland - Here's a guy that I was really happy with despite taking him two rounds earlier than the actual draft.  He started building momentum at the end of his rookie season.  Overall defensive snap percentage for 2015 was about 26%.  In weeks 16 and 17, though, he played 92% and 68% of snaps, respectively.  He played his way onto the field down the stretch.  Unfortunately, he only played 4 games in 2016 before ending up on IR.  Seems IR is a popular place for my picks this draft :/

Tyler Kroft, TE Bengals - Spent 2015 behind Eifert in the pecking order and splitting snaps with Hewitt as #2.  Eifert missed 8 games in 2016, but Kroft continued splitting snaps with Hewitt and a third TE came into the snap-share in Uzomah.  Hasn't had much opportunity to produce, and I don't see him getting much opportunity in the near future.  Just too much competition.

Jeff Luc, Jets ILB - Bounced around practice squads in 2015 and 2016.  Currently signed to a futures deal with the jets.  Let's call this pick a failure.

Amarlo Herrera, ILB Unsigned - Drafted by the Colts.  Waived by the Colts.  Signed by the Colts.  Released by the Colts.  Claimed by the Titans.  Waived by the Titans.  Signed to the Redskins practice squad.  Released from the Redskins practice squad.  Smashing success of a pick, if I may say so myself.

Nick Marshall, DB Jets - Considering he played as a QB all through college, I'm impressed that he managed to make the switch to DB to the point where he even managed to get the start for the last game of the season (as a member of the Jaguars).  However he failed to make the 53 this season and was assigned to the practice squad, eventually being signed by the Jets, but not getting any playing time on defense.  We'll see if he makes any progress next season as he continues to learn to play defense.

Xavier Williams, NT Cardinals - Played 5% of snaps as a rookie.  Played 11% as a sophomore.  Maybe he'll get up to 24% next year?  Maybe?  Whatever, it was a late round pick.  I won't cry if it doesn't work out.

So we've got my top 3 picks all suffering injuries to give me incomplete grades, the next guy can't get on the field with all the competiton, two guys who are close to washing out of the league, one guy who is learning a whole new position but managed to regress from year 1 to year two (at least from a cursory glance), and one guy who started as the bottom rung of the latter and climbed up a couple spots, but is far from being a regular contributor.  Clearly an A+ draft.  I know how to football.

Rd 1 (#29) - WILLIAM JACKSON III, CB, Houston - Missed the entire year through injury. 

Rd. 2 (#51) - STERLING SHEPARD, WR, Oklahoma - Really solid rookie year despite being on a team with big competition for targets. Caught 8 TD's. 

Rd. 3 (#83) - JOSHUA PERRY, ILB, Ohio St - 15 games, 1 start, just looked solid. Always gonna be a solid contributor yet unspectacular kinda guy. I think he can push to start though. Good player. 

Rd. 4 (#118) - ISAAC SEUMALO, G, Oregon St - Had 4 starts and did decent. Not in any way a cemented starter but has a good chance of winning that Eagles camp battle to start at G or C. 

Rd. 4 (#128) - DANIEL LASCO, RB, California - Always going to be very raw initially. Core Saints special teams player and got a few carries. One to be groomed for the future for sure though. 

Rd. 5 (#157) - KJ DILLON, S, West Virginia - Played 5 games before a season ending injury. Texans got ridiculous value on this guy imo. Should get himself healthy and be a solid contributor. Massively underrated due to the fact he played alongside Karl Joseph in college. 

Rd. 6 (#207) - VERNON ADAMS JR, QB, Oregon - Starting in the CFL after going undrafted. Really liked him but his size was always going to be a problem. 

Overall happy with my draft and think it has the potential to look a lot better in 2/3 years. Injuries not helping after year 1!

Here's the breakdown for the Eagles mock draft:

Carson Wentz, QB: I drafted Wentz in our mock at no. 8. He was drafted by the Eagles with the 2nd pick. He made 379 completions out of 607 attempts for a completion percentage of 62.4% and threw for 3,782 yards. He threw for 16 touchdowns with 14 interceptions.

Shon Coleman, OT: I selected Coleman with my 77th pick. The Browns got him at 76. He played in 7 games in 2016.

Devontae Booker, RB: I took Booker with pick 79. The Broncos took him at 136. He had 174 carries for 612 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Maurice Canady, CB: I took him with pick 100. The Ravens drafted him at 209. Canady had 2 tackles before going on IR.

Jordan Payton, WR: I drafted Payton with pick 153. He was drafted by the Browns with pick 154. Payton was suspended for performance enhancing drugs on December 9. He only played 32 snaps and caught one pass for 3 yards.

Jason Fanaika, DE: I picked him at 164. He went undrafted but was signed as an UDFA by the 49ers. He was waived, picked up by the Raiders and later signed to the Redskins practice squad. The Skins ended up releasing him.

De'Vondre Campbell, OLB: I picked him at 188. The Falcons took him at 115. He made 35 tackles and 13 assists in the regular season. In the playoffs he made 8 with 3 assists.

Luther Maddy, DT: Maddy was my 233rd pick. He was not drafted.

Assid Aziz, DE: I used pick 251. He was not drafted.

I drafted six players that played in 2016. One went on IR and another was suspended. The remaining three were not drafted. Wentz did as well or better than expected. Booker and Campbell did okay. I thought Coleman would start but he was a backup on Cleveland's line. I had higher hopes for Fanaika but three teams felt otherwise. Payton was a disappointment and Canady was injured. Overall, a fair draft that could have been better. Bonus points for Wentz and for selecting two players within one pick of where they were actually drafted.

Archived