Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 ES GMs mock draft - and we're spent.

Epochalypse

Just give me a list of names and I'll assign them each a number from 1 to the list size. Use an RNG to select someone from the list.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important part. I'll then check to see who wired me the most money and give him the team and throw out the list.

Will you be able to find the time what with your presidential campaign and all?

let me check when we started last year, I believe we waited on comp pick release and started then. As for times between picks ill slso check what we did last year.

12 hours in between picks seemed to work fairly well.

Seem to remember we started mid March last year. Scrapped it due to a load of unrealistic trades. Including this classic..Robert Griffin III, QB, Jason Hatcher, DE and Chris Chester, OG to the Houston Texans for JJ Watt, DE.

Think we started it proper last week of March/start of April. Starting that time again suits me fine anyway. I've a lot more tape watching to be doing. If you want to start it a bit earlier though that's fine too.

I think we should start earlier than that.  Like around the beginning of March. 

I would think about doing this earlier this year. So that those that aren't already in can apply as well and may take a back up team if they do not end up with the Redskins. And the one that wins it gives his actual team back if he already have one. It's better to have 32 guys in this.

Well I can trade ya #4 and #35 picks for my #5 if you feel like going down to makes you feel better.

I'm used at picking #5 anyway...

I believe we had 6 hours spans for each pick because of GMT stuff for euro guys. Seemed slow at times, but on US evening it was going really smooth to me.

Well, the thing with the JJ Watt trade was what Houston did, not the Redskins.

On this thing I remember that is was completly reckless... Especially when some started to trades guys they just drafted...

If we're about to trade guys, let's make sure we have some serious rules to play within so it doesn't turn into last year madness.

It was definitely 12 hours.  It became six hours with 2 skips. 

We have to know comp picks...

Absolutely. 

The format and times, both the start and the duration between picks, worked perfectly last year and I see absolutely zero need to change anything. If we're looking to finish up not long before the actual draft starts then we're doing this right again. 

Hail. 

The format and times, both the start and the duration between picks, worked perfectly last year and I see absolutely zero need to change anything. If we're looking to finish up not long before the actual draft starts then we're doing this right again. 

Hail. 

This. The only suggestion I would have is to post the time zone for each individual GM next to their name in the OP so that we aren't speculating if someone's in Guam or Antarctica. Last years 2.0 was nearly flawless otherwise.

Personally, I think Epoch has earned the right to retain the Skins, both for the work put in, and the job he did . That's why I abstained from submitting my rather sterling resume  :ph34r:  :blink: . Otherwise the number mod thing worked fine last year so I see no need to deviate from that now.   

This. The only suggestion I would have is to post the time zone for each individual GM next to their name in the OP so that we aren't speculating if someone's in Guam or Antarctica. Last years 2.0 was nearly flawless otherwise.

Personally, I think Epoch has earned the right to retain the Skins, both for the work put in, and the job he did . That's why I abstained from submitting my rather sterling resume  :ph34r:  :blink: . Otherwise the number mod thing worked fine last year so I see no need to deviate from that now.   

I agree that Epoch should get the Redskins

It was definitely 12 hours.  It became six hours with 2 skips. 

In my memory it was 6 hours. But I'm wrong more than often :P

Absolutely. 

Hail. 

If it ain't broken, don't fix it :)

Having GMT time could be useful yeah. It was running pretty fine last year, with not many skips (5 or 6 max I think), people were passing draft choices to commissionner or guys they trust and it went pretty smooth really.

I agree that Epoch should get the Redskins

I've got no problem with that. He did a great job at running the thing, and picking for the Redskins, I happen to like what he did with it. As GHH said, I'm not gonna run for the Redskins anyway. I picked for the Jags last year, and I've put lots of work on them, so I happen to like them somehow, and I'm perfectly fine working for them again.

Other solution I do have for the Redskins GM, is to have TK or PCS ask Scott McCloughlan if he wants to pick for them in this mock draft? :D That would be huge!

I appreciate everyone willing to let me be the Skins ubcontested but I promised everyone participating would have an opportunity to do so. I wont break that promise. If by the time we are ready to select the Skins no one else throws their name in thats one thing. But so long as someone else is interested, they should have that shot because I gave them that option going in.

We could have all the GMs who support you retaining the Redskins put their names into the lottery with intention that you'd get the team if their name comes up. That way everyone who wants to be GM still has a fair shot at it while taking into account the will of the people who want you to keep the team.

We have to know comp picks...

We should know comp picks around the combine.  That being said, as long as we have we haven't gotten to through the 3rd round we would be ok and it will take atleast 4 to 5 days to get through three rounds. 

In my memory it was 6 hours. But I'm wrong more than often :P

If it ain't broken, don't fix it :)

Having GMT time could be useful yeah. It was running pretty fine last year, with not many skips (5 or 6 max I think), people were passing draft choices to commissionner or guys they trust and it went pretty smooth really.

I've got no problem with that. He did a great job at running the thing, and picking for the Redskins, I happen to like what he did with it. As GHH said, I'm not gonna run for the Redskins anyway. I picked for the Jags last year, and I've put lots of work on them, so I happen to like them somehow, and I'm perfectly fine working for them again.

Other solution I do have for the Redskins GM, is to have TK or PCS ask Scott McCloughlan if he wants to pick for them in this mock draft? :D That would be

i made the suggestion of 12 hours, because that is the time frame it is on another board that I've done mock drafts, when players were from Europe. 

The initial start time of mock 1.0 last season would be a good time to start.  (middle of March).  That should be close enough to the start of 2.0 and we were starting in mid march last season before the screw up.  We then began a day or two later, I believe. 

Last three teams.

Texans.  Will you be the one that finds them that QB?

Dolphins.  Are they just a piece or two away from toppling the Pats?

Patriots.  This could be a hard sell, but maybe you don't want the pressure of screwing up a first round pick?  That's all I got.

Definitely looking forward to the draft.  I've done a couple in the past that have included salary cap, free agency, trades, but not future picks.  When they pick teams they do it in a random draft.  What happens is once everyone signs up.  The order they sign up is the number.  It gets put into a randomizer and then everyone drafts the team.

I actually like both methods, but doing it our way does allow us to choose the teams we want to do without the luck of being high up in "draft order".  It is kind of more important to analyze the team and salary cap info when there is a full free agency portion of the draft. 

Archived