Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

Ben Standig @BenStandig 2m2 minutes ago

Before I start making my way toward Redskins Park, I'm gonna tweet NFL Draft thoughts. Apologies for temporarily clogging your TL.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago

Cowboys' G Ronald Leary signed his RFA second-round tender in hopes to facilitate trade this weekend, per source.

Ben Standig @BenStandig 4m4 minutes ago

Clearly McCloughan wants to trade down when possible. To me & most, that includes R1. Just stating the obvious. All about finding a partner.

Doug Farrar @SI_DougFarrar 13m13 minutes ago

Doug Farrar Retweeted mike freeman

1. Yes. 2. You're watching too many Batman movies.

Doug Farrar added,

mike freeman @mikefreemanNFL
I'd take Myles Jack. I don't care if his knee has nitroglycerin attached to a small timer in it. Risk that I'd take. He's worth it.

Lake Lewis Jr @LakeLewis
4 of the #Redskins last 5 1st round picks have been Pro Bowlers. The 5th, OL Brandon Scherff looks to be on his way soon #NFLDraft2016

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough Apr 26

ICYMI: Washington #Redskins Josh Norman: This Team is on the Rise - http://j.mp/1Nu6XW2  #NFL #NFCEast #HTTR #Chanticleers #Carolina

Lake Lewis Jr @LakeLewis Apr 26

Picking at 21 in rd1 I think #Redskins should trade down if a team wants to make a move. A center & d-lineman should be there in 2nd

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 6m6 minutes ago

Could the #Redskins take Eastern Kentucky's Noah Spence? Here's @CharleyCasserly's report: http://ow.ly/4ncnkA 

ChJDOlXXEAAEYt7.jpg

Ben Standig @BenStandig 3m3 minutes ago

I'd have zero issue if GMSM takes Bama C Ryan Kelly. Forget "value." OL with Kelly, Scherff, Moses, Williams. Top 5-10 in NFL in 2017?

Lake Lewis Jr @LakeLewis

4 of the #Redskins last 5 1st round picks have been Pro Bowlers. The 5th, OL Brandon Scherff looks to be on his way soon #NFLDraft2016

Off the top of my head, the ones I can think of would be: Griffin (didn't play in pro bowl cause if knee injury), Kerrigan (I think he's made pro bowl...), Brian orakpo, Trent Williams.

Ben Standig @BenStandig 3m3 minutes ago

TCU's Josh Doctson is my fave WR in this class. @kevins980 is nodding. Size, speed and hands. Would likely be Skins No. 1 receiver in 2017.

Ben Standig @BenStandig 1m1 minute ago

Lastly of the "I'm good with him at 21" options, Reggie Ragland. Tone-setter. Skins need long-term answer at ILB Sensing drop, tho.

Off the top of my head, the ones I can think of would be: Griffin (didn't play in pro bowl cause if knee injury), Kerrigan (I think he's made pro bowl...), Brian orakpo, Trent Williams.

LaRon is the one you are missing. 07 draft. 2008 we trade down out first to wasted our picks on Sleepy Thomas and Mr. Knee

LaRon is the one you are missing. 07 draft. 2008 we trade down out first to wasted our picks on Sleepy Thomas and Mr. Knee

Landry made the pro bowl? I can't imagine it happened while he was with the redskins. The only good year I remember him having was 2010, but he got injured halfway through the season.

Lake Lewis Jr @LakeLewis 11m11 minutes ago

In '15 the #Redskins selected 5 players from the #SEC. Could '16 continue the trend as Alabama's Jarran Reed & Ryan Kelly could be in play

Junior Galette @JovaisG 22m22 minutes ago

Junior Galette Retweeted Washington Redskins

On the Incline Though!!

Junior Galette added,

SuoLr2xgUDjApLMM.jpg
0:20
Washington Redskins @Redskins
1f440.png1f440.png1f440.png@PAEA_90, that's a lot of weight.

Landry made the pro bowl? I can't imagine it happened while he was with the redskins. The only good year I remember him having was 2010, but he got injured halfway through the season.

Pro Bowl alternate his rookie year, and I think it was a snub.  If you're forgetting or omitting that one, then I don't know what to tell you.  That was one of the best rookie years for a safety I've ever seen.

EDIT:  I despise the guy now, but just like any other former player, I can't discount when they make the Burgundy and Gold proud.

Checked it for you. 2012 when he was with the Jets. But still redskins first round pick who made the probowl.

Actually if you want to count probowl appearances for other teams then 2005 pick Carlos Rogers made the pro bowl in 2011 for the 9ers

And of course 2004 Sean Taylor made the pro bowl in 2006 and 2007 ....

The only time the skins picked in the 1st round and they did not become probowlers was in 2002 (Patrick Ramsey) and 2001 Rod Gardner -

In 2000 we has Samuels and Arrington in 1999 champ bailey ...

And people say the redskins suck at the draft...

Actually if you want to count probowl appearances for other teams then 2005 pick Carlos Rogers made the pro bowl in 2011 for the 9ers

The only time the skins picked in the 1st round and they did not become probowlers was in 2002 (Patrick Ramsey) and 2001 Rod Gardner -

In 2000 we has Samuels and Arrington in 1999 champ bailey ...

And people say the redskins suck at the draft...

Most of those were top-10 picks, which has to factor in. Taylor, Samuels, Williams, Landry, Rodgers, Arrington off the top of my head.

Adam Carriker liked your Tweet

Josh Norman is coming. #Redskins

CgucOMmWwAEsn5f.jpg

One defensive lineman that has drawn much praise from multiple teams I've talked to: Louisiana Tech defensive... http://es.pn/1T7Fl5b 

Jason Campbell (2005) never made a pro bowl either

The tweet said 4 of the last 5 1st round picks:

2015: Brandon Scherff

2012: Robert Griffin (pro bowl)

2011: Ryan Kerrigan (pro bowl)

2010: Trent Williams (pro bowl)

2009: Brian Orakpo (pro bowl)

I think it's more of a statement saying we are on a run of very good 1st round picks, and Scherff could become the 5th straight 1st rounder to be a pro-bowler.

Also, a statement to expect another pro-bowler selected tonight.

Desean Jackson @DeSeanJackson11 18s18 seconds ago

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 29m29 minutes ago

A crazy stat that always blows my mind: The average NFL player career only lasts 3.5 years. Such a buzz kill, especially on #DraftDay

1 retweet 1 like

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 32m32 minutes ago

Burgundy Burner Retweeted Dianna Marie Russini

With their 2nd round pick, the Redskins choose @diannaESPN. Bruce says, "We need a great PR person and she's it"! 1f61c.png

Burgundy Burner added,

Dianna Marie Russini @diannaESPN
almost there! All the posturing will stop and the bluffing ends. The start of the NFL draft ends lying season (executive told me that once)

Washington had NFL's 4th-worst run defense grade in 2015. Could look to Bama LB Reggie Ragland to fix that at No. 21

ChJkT8JWwAUNXHs.jpg

Mitchell Tischler @Mitch_Tischler 12m12 minutes ago

Mitchell Tischler Retweeted Richard Deitsch

What an embarrassment

Mitchell Tischler added,

Richard Deitsch @richarddeitsch
From a reliable source: Fox Sports is paying Skip Bayless in neighborhood of $5.5 million per for four years, plus a $4M signing bonus.

John Keim @john_keim 11m11 minutes ago

@Mitch_Tischler wait until u see Tarik's deal

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 3m3 minutes ago

@john_keim @Mitch_Tischler More important, how are we going watch the draft AND #Caps? We need both TVs for the two draft feeds. Need ideas!

John Keim @john_keim 2m2 minutes ago

@TarikCSN @Mitch_Tischler maybe we should just gather at Russell's house

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 1m1 minute ago

@john_keim @Mitch_Tischler It's not that far. Lol.

@TarikCSN @john_keim @Mitch_Tischler I wonder if Jay would drop by there when the round is over.

Burgundy Burner ‏@BurgundyBurner 32m32 minutes ago

Burgundy Burner Retweeted Dianna Marie Russini

With their 2nd round pick, the Redskins choose @diannaESPN. Bruce says, "We need a great PR person and she's it"! 1f61c.png

Burgundy Burner added,

Dianna Marie Russini @diannaESPN
almost there! All the posturing will stop and the bluffing ends. The start of the NFL draft ends lying season (executive told me that once)

I think it was Russini who was the first to report OL at #5 last year.

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 9m9 minutes ago

Burgundy Blog Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Real talk, how could they still be debating this at 2:47 pm today?

Burgundy Blog added,

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Cowboys are working scenarios, but they sound like they are debating: #OSU RB Zeke Elliott vs. #FSU CB Jalen Ramsey.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 9m9 minutes ago

@BurgundyBlog I was wondering that. Exactly one variable in front of them.

NASA Kennedy / KSC @NASAKennedy 10m10 minutes ago

We are inspiring the next generation of scientists, engineers and explorers at the 2016 Take A Child to Work Day.

I can remember the first time I got to see the mission control room at NASA, back during the Mercury Program, it was something awesome to me, now when I look at the mockups at Kennedy space center it looks so outdated its funny..

Archived