Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

Why wouldn't they think this would work?   They got away with basically the same thing at Bundy Ranch.  As I recall, Bundy got his seized cattle back, never paid his past grazing fees, never complied with several federal court orders...  

and all because he and his buddies pointed lots of guns at law enforcement and the feds didn't want to escalate matters.   I think the lesson has been learned well here.

I also find it interesting that the one nutter calls himself "Captain Moroni."  Wasn't the angel Moroni a big deal in Mormon theology?  

From Rubio:

“You’ve got to follow the law. You cannot be lawless,” Rubio told KBUR in an interview highlighted by Buzzfeed. “We live in a Republic. There are ways to change the laws of this country and the policies. And if we get frustrated with it, that’s why we have elections, that’s why we have people we can hold accountable.”

This is what I'm puzzled about. I don't understand the thinking behind "fighting for the Constitution" by violating it and operating way outside its framework. That's some seriously retarded reasoning.

http://www.opb.org/news/article/explainer-the-bundy-militias-particular-brand-of-mormonism/?platform=hootsuite

Explainer: The Bundy Militia’s Particular Brand Of Mormonism

by John Sepulvado OPB | Jan. 3, 2016 6:18 p.m. | Updated: Jan. 4, 2016 12:28 p.m.

“I’m Captain Moroni, from Utah.”  

That’s how one militiaman at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge responded to OPB’s Amanda Peacher when she asked for his name.

That name is not a silly response to deflect responsibility: In many ways, it encapsulates a deeply intertwined anti-federal sentiment mixed with Mormon symbolism. Captain Moroni is a crucial figure in the Church of Latter-day Saints. He’s also a heroic figure for anti-federalist extremists.  

In the modern day west, Captain Moroni has become one of several powerful symbols for the Bundy militia’s anti-governmental extremism.

Who Is Captain Moroni?

According to LDS scripture, Captain Moroni took command of the Nephites when he turned 25. Moroni innovated weaponry, strategy and tactics to help secure the safety of the Nephites, and allow them to worship and govern as they saw fit.

In LDS texts, Moroni prepares to confront a corrupt king by tearing off part of his coat and turning it into a flag, hoisting it as a “title of liberty.” This simple call to arms inspired a great patriotism in the Nephites, helping to raise a formidable army. Vastly outnumbered, the corrupt king fled. According to the Book of Mormon, Captain Moroni continued to push for liberty among his people.

“And it came to pass that Moroni was angry with the government, because of their indifference concerning the freedom of their country.”

*Click Link For More* 

I also find it interesting that the one nutter calls himself "Captain Moroni." Wasn't the angel Moroni a big deal in Mormon theology?

Yup. And what's the 12th "Article of Faith" for Mormons? Again, the contradictions are mind boggling. Rock the name of a Mormon angel while violating a major component of the religion. This definitely isn't well thought out.

I've said before, this time of the Internets might equally be the Information Age and the Misinformation Age. This undoubtedly got hyped up, thought out and planned on some nut forum like FR. They never stray out of that bubble and they've deluded themselves into thinking it's a representation of the country and they'll trigger uprisings everywhere. It's...just wow.

Ah, the Nephites, who were destroyed by people God had made Black because they were evil (hint: major racism throughout the entire history of Mormonism). Though God might have recently spoken to an elder and told him they weren't Black, they were gingers. Or whatever story helps them the most. I haven't been keeping up so I'm not sure what "vision" they're going with these days.

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

Forget Beiber. Blast some Obama speeches.

Want to drive a man insane?  Play Nick Jr cartoons over the loud speaker.  Pick 4 shows and cycle them over and over again.  48 hours later just walk in quietly and take the guns away from the weeping survivors. 

• Like 2

The difference in attitude when it's a protest against or for something that you don't sympathize with is striking.

Also I think "yeehadist" is my favorite thing to come out of this whole debacle.  Early frontrunner for word of the year 2016. :D

Actually, I really don't have a problem with people demonstrating for/against whatever they want to as long as they don't get violent. Hell, I can even understand (though not exactly support) some rioting since protests that start with the intention of being non-violent can and will get out of control. However the right to protest non-violently is precisely why there shouldn't be a need for violent protest - we have the right to do it non-violently.

I may call you a yahoo, moron or any number of other things if I disagree with your position, but I support your right to protest/demonstrate.

Ah, the Nephites, who were destroyed by people God had made Black because they were evil (hint: major racism throughout the entire history of Mormonism). Though God might have recently come spoke to an elder and told him they weren't Black, they were gingers. Or whatever story helps them the most. I haven't been keeping up so I'm not sure what "vision" they're going with these days.

Beat me to it. But don't get me started on Mormon "Theology".

These idiots are sounding more like the wannabe western arm of ISIS ....albeit with 100% less sawing off of heads and sex slavery...assuming you don't consider it sex slavery since they marry all their concubines.

I feel like media is responding more strongly to this than law enforcement.  I'm not seeing the mass of armed feds shots the media loves, but I am seeing a lot of pictures of media there.  There doesn't seem to be any blockade either. 

I feel like media is responding more strongly to this than law enforcement. I'm not seeing the mass of armed feds shots the media loves, but I am seeing a lot of pictures of media there. There doesn't seem to be any blockade either.

The feds and law enforcement might be letting everyone come and go so they can track them and then press charges later. Like letting these idiots perform a militia sweep on themselves. We'll see.

Another angle whould be that the whole point of this (despite what they claim) is to trigger a negative response from the gov't in order to build up their movement. So the gov't is refusing to play their game.

Beat me to it. But don't get me started on Mormon "Theology".

Have an ex that was a Mormon convert when I met her. Decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and read up on it. Yeah. I'll just say, once I started dropping facts it wasn't hard to convert her to reality.

I got a SERIOUS problem with them going to other countries, lying to people and taking advantage of their poverty. It's disgusting.

In my opinion, Mormonism's biggest problem is that it isn't thousands of years old like other major religions. It's not even 200 years old. It's a modern. invention. There are verifiable witnesses to everything. And now, with the invention of the Internets, it's real easy to do research and then it's not hard at all to spot the obvious bull****.

How people still believe and follow an obvious fraud is beyond me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Abraham

Just that alone...I mean come on. And don't get me started on Smith and "his" wives. Perv. Period.

/Mormonismisbull****hijack

Sorry. Seriously dislike almost (most of the people are publicly nice) every aspect of that "religion".

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 1