Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

This is asinine. Set up a perimeter, cut the cell service, cut the power, let them enjoy their glorious winter of total sovereignty for the next 8 weeks. By then you'll be able to defuse the situation with a platter of cheese and crackers and hot chocolate. These guys think they're a bunch of Rambos...they ain't even close.

I'll enjoy keeping tabs of their weight-loss resolutions.

• Like 2

This is asinine. Set up a perimeter, cut the cell service, cut the power, let them enjoy their glorious winter of total sovereignty for the next 8 weeks. By then you'll be able to defuse the situation with a platter of cheese and crackers and hot chocolate. These guys think they're a bunch of Rambos...they ain't even close.

Go even further and set up snow making machines to bury the building. Then, allow them some form of TV and broadcast a drone in route and firing missiles. Of course have the broadcast be a hoax just to **** with them.

Go even further and set up snow making machines to bury the building. Then, allow them some form of TV and broadcast a drone in route and firing missiles. Of course have the broadcast be a hoax just to **** with them.

I mean, if you want to broadcast anything, just put on the Biebs.  Standoff over, total surrender in under 6 hours, guaranteed.

Unless they secretly like the Biebs, in which case they'll maintain the takeover, but then everyone will know they like the Biebs.

Which will completely delegitimize their movement.

• Like 2

so we should let terrorists hide behind the cry of tyrannical out of control government?

Don't really see the "terrorist" label fitting, in this case. (Granted, I wouldn't be shocked if many of them were terrorists in OTHER cases. But that's a big assumption, and doesn't seem to be true, in THIS case).

They seem to have chosen to exile themselves way out in the middle of nowhere, where they couldn't threaten civilians if they wanted to.

With the demand that two prisoners be released. Coupled with clear threats against the lives of any law enforcement people who attempt to enforce the law.

It's the definition of a terrorist act.

Uh, no, I'm pretty sure that the latter is the definition of "resisting arrest".

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

• Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
  • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
  • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

Not making up anything... this is the definition of domestic terrorism.

Now that's a better definition.

Unfortunately, I don't see these acts as meeting either (I), (ii), or (iii).

(Yes, they are attempting to influence government policy. But that's also knows as to "petition their government for redress of grievances", and it's kinda a constitutional right.)

I assume that they came prepared with large quantities of camping supplies. But yep, I think you've got the right idea.

Looks like what set this off was that the father and son were supposed to both do a year or less, now its been changed to four years each.

What's the story exactly? Plea deal for one year but the judge gave them four? I wouldn't say that's common but it's not out of line. As long as the judge stays within the sentencing guidelines, it just is what it is. Taking over some park isn't going to change anything. Just another counterproductive protest.

Ah should've kept reading. Yeah, I think even dumber now.

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

I mean, if you want to broadcast anything, just put on the Biebs.  Standoff over, total surrender in under 6 hours, guaranteed.

Unless they secretly like the Biebs, in which case they'll maintain the takeover, but then everyone will know they like the Biebs.

Which will completely delegitimize their movement.

LMFAO on an endless loop. Like that Key & Peele skit...brutal.

Spin spin spin.

So yes, it fits THE FIRST HALF of (ii).

(The part that's a constitutional right).

I understand where you're coming from on the civil protest part, but once they took over a federal installation, I think they went outside the bounds of their constitutionally protected right of protest.

• Like 1

Local? Reporter on twitter with info.

https://twitter.com/amandapeacher

Oh God...

https://t.co/sh83SfWTll

Amanda Peacher

@amandapeacher

"I didn't come here to shoot I came here to die."#bundymilitia, (will ID only as "Capt. Moroni")

CXzr6vDUsAA3Nkt.jpg

Wait them out, starve them out, if they press the issue give them what they want and have a Warthog to a quick fly by. Hell you don't even need to kill anyone. Just blow something up. That'll end it quick.

I understand where you're coming from on the civil protest part, but once they took over a federal installation, I think they went outside the bounds of their constitutionally protected right of protest.

Yeah, no crap.

And they're definitely trying to intimidate the government.

It's just nuts anyone could even attempt to justify this as an asking for a redress of grievances.

A constitutional right. Complete joke.

LMFAO on an endless loop. Like that Key & Peele skit...brutal.

endless loops of obama speeches would probably be worse for them.

Edited by tshile

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the plan I keep reading about. Occupy a nature reserve "for years" and hand out mining and logging rights back to the people? its like someone was talking nonsense while high and these morons took it seriously.

• Like 2

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the plan I keep reading about. Occupy a nature reserve "for years" and hand out mining and logging rights back to the people? its like someone was talking nonsense while high and these morons took it seriously.

I could probably round up 10/20 people to do some pretty random things, but I could never get 150 armed friends to take over an empty bird sanctuary with a straight face.

I could probably round up 10/20 people to do some pretty random things, but I could never get 150 armed friends to take over an empty bird sanctuary with a straight face.

judging from the calls here to dislodge ;)  them with military force and such there must be some rare birds in that sanctuary.

I think the cold weather is making folk nuts.

Lookin' for martyrs.

Don't give it to them. wall them in like people do the Westboro baptist nutcases. Cut off their phones, jam radio signals cut water supply and electricity.. Put fresh water in sight at the edge of the wall and arrest them as they come out for it.

~Bang

• Like 1

judging from the calls here to dislodge ;)  them with military force and such there must be some rare birds in that sanctuary.

I think the cold weather is making folk nuts.

If they were muslims, they'd have all been handled by special forces, their families shoved in dark holes and America would have declared war on some of its own citizens.

• Like 1

If they were muslims, they'd have all been handled by special forces, their families shoved in dark holes and America would have declared war on some of its own citizens.

Nah, they would probably be having a non-alcoholic beer in the White House next week.