Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

My take on "what if they were black" is that the goal is equal application of less violent responses in reaction to unrest, not simply equal violence. I don't want a government that seeks to make the point that anyone that steps out of line is going to get bloody. I see that as tone deaf response. Let the consequences be decided by juries and judges after peaceful resolutions when ever possible.

That's not as cool as gun blazing but frankly violence is **** and we need to stop celebrating it at all levels of our society. We're too in love with it.

That's basically been my feeling. Some people are calling for violence against these clowns, because that's what any other fringe group would receive.

No one should receive violence. I'm from Philly and remember MOVE. I remember watching Waco. Ruby Ridge. All handled awfully.

Regardless of politics, there is almost always a non violent resolution.

• Like 1

Make them stay in there awhile longer to think about it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be great. And way less violent/terrible than any of my ideas.

Some people are calling for violence against these clowns, because that's what any other fringe group would receive.

As someone calling for violence against them, that's not why.

It's because I firmly believe these people are domestic terrorists at this point and that they have no business being in a civilized society. They're abusing a variety of conveniences they're afforded to "make this statement" that any other country would not allow them.

I'm OK with just locking them up forever, but it'd be much cheaper to just let them have the fight they're pretending they want.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be great. And way less violent/terrible than any of my ideas.

As someone calling for violence against them, that's not why.

It's because I firmly believe these people are domestic terrorists at this point and that they have no business being in a civilized society. They're abusing a variety of conveniences they're afforded to "make this statement" that any other country would not allow them.

I'm OK with just locking them up forever, but it'd be much cheaper to just let them have the fight they're pretending they want.

Just so I get this straight. You are FOR risking the lives of the people who would go in forcefully and take them out?

You're for these idiots families to be fatherless?

You're for enraging the idiotic base that is strangely and disappointingly growing stronger and louder. that will cause more of this?

Just want to make sure that's what you're advocating.

• Like 1

So we just let these clowns take Govt property?

What happens when the next "sovereign citizen" decides laws don't apply?

I can understand the desire for Divine Retribution.  Even sympathize with it.  In fact, I think that's the direction I was leaning, when I first read of this. 

I think I came around to my present position, after making a couple of Satan's Attorney's arguments, on their behalf.  In effect, I made some arguments which convinced me. 

For myself, I see the conflict of two, opposing, moral imperatives being involved, here.  The desire for order and law, and the desire to accommodate protest.  And I convinced myself to put them in the latter category. 

Maybe it's just me, but I think that the right to protest carries with it a societal obligation to look the other way, if a protest involves minor illegal activity.  Things like minor obstruction of traffic, littering, violation of noise ordinances. 

Now, I can hear people, correctly, pointing out that there's a difference between, say, scattering glitter or confetti in a public space, and an armed home invasion. 

But after thinking about this situation, I'm at least willing to assume that these loons, for one reason or another, chose a location which was intentionally minor, almost trivial.  As such, I'm willing to put taking over this, particular, location, under the category of things that, while illegal, should be ignored, for the sake of protecting the right to protest. 

Although, yeah, I can also see the argument that the presence of people carrying guns is a perfectly good place to draw the line between things that are "illegal, but tolerated" and "nope, we will not allow that."  I can certainly see the argument that this is one of those places where a bright, black and white, line should be drawn.  The notion that well, when the protester is carrying a gun, then the Rules of Engagement change. 

My take on "what if they were black" is that the goal is equal application of less violent responses in reaction to unrest, not simply equal violence. I don't want a government that seeks to make the point that anyone that steps out of line is going to get bloody. I see that as tone deaf response. Let the consequences be decided by juries and judges after peaceful resolutions when ever possible.

That's not as cool as gun blazing but frankly violence is **** and we need to stop celebrating it at all levels of our society. We're too in love with it.

I agree with you.

Also, if there was a firefight, the National Guard/Law Enforcement charged with making the arrests could get killed and that would be a tragedy.

And also, killing these guys isn't the way to delegitimize them.

It is not good that we have an armed group of men seizing federal property and staging a revolt. But it's a small group and they're conducting a stunt and it's in the middle of nowhere. I don't think they're actually a threat to anyone as is. I think the best move is to rebuff their crazy arguments, wait them out, and then arrest them for whatever law it is they've broken once they get bored and leave.

BTW, anyone know what law they're breaking? I assume trespassing, but doing so while armed must be its own thing right?

• Like 1

And also, killing these guys isn't the way to delegitimize them.

Oh, I think that I would be hard pressed to come up with a better way to de-legitimize these guys, than for the public to be laughing at the Internet Tough Guys "occupying" a bunch of empty buildings, unopposed, and making Facebook posts, asking for people to donate snacks.

The Real World is laughing at them. I don't think there's a worse thing that can happen to their image.

• Like 4

Just so I get this straight. You are FOR risking the lives of the people who would go in forcefully and take them out?

You're for these idiots families to be fatherless?

You're for enraging the idiotic base that is strangely and disappointingly growing stronger and louder. that will cause more of this?

Just want to make sure that's what you're advocating.

No, you can do this without risking LEO's lives. They are in one building.

Sure. I don't care about terrorist's famlies.

They're already enraged. Are you paying attention? Hell, we should try to find a way to get more of them there so we can take out more of them in one move.

• Like 1

They want the Gov't to act so they can build their cult following. Then they'll have books, a TV show on Palin's network....or whatever replaced that. The original farmers want nothing to do with these guys. The local community wants nothing to do with them. Now they are just sitting there, armed with nothing to shoot. 

That Onion article is pretty darn good.

What is the militia ultimately hoping to achieve?

Garner enough attention over next few weeks to be brought onstage during rally for a low-polling GOP candidate.

Rick Santorum's segment on MSNBC makes him an early frontrunner in this.

Now they are just sitting there, armed with nothing to shoot. 

Doesn't even look like a top story anymore, though i'm not actually following the cable news networks right now...

Looks like the biggest part of the story is they closed schools. The fact that they are still there seems to be a bullet point of that.

I LOVE reading about this story, it is like a late christmas gift.  I just can't help but picture these guys all decked out in their best hunting regalia, ARMED TO THE TEETH, hunkered down behind a cardboard woodchuck as tumbleweed slowly roll by.

TYRANNY! they shout.  Hello?  Anyone there?

• Like 2