Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Year in review

Springfield

Personally? Big up and down year. Had a nervous breakdown in February which may (I hope) be rock bottom, but it got me on the path I'm on now. I'm out of a toxic living and working environment and despite being broke as broke can be, I've never been happier or more at peace with myself and my surroundings.

Overall? 2015 was one of the worst years I can remember from a socio-political stand point. Outside of a few positives (i.e. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage) nothing seemed to go right this year.

Lost my Brother-in-law and my Dad this year everything else pales in comparison. 

Sorry to hear about that man. Sucks. 2016 has to be better. Chin up, stand tall, you got this man.

The look of awe in their faces was amazing.

They were responding to the way you looked at the princesses. You old perv.

What happened to make you feel that way ?

Don't want to make this a political debate but pretty much everything going on with politics on BOTH sides of the aisle.  And how the majority of people stick to their "side" without being able to have a meaningful, open-minded discussion.  I've pretty much lost all faith in our government.  And our government is a representation of the society that has put it in place.

Follow that up with things like the "Affluenza" case and other completely ridiculous stories in the media.  Yet how we can't get a true unbiased story from any media souce because they are to worried about a) ratings or B) pushing their agenda. 

I could go on and on but with the exception of the rare "feel good" stories that come out occasionally, I don't see anything that suggests our society (on a local, national, and global scale) is moving in a good direction.  It's actually one of the reasons I don't have children.  I don't want to bring another life into this crap hole.  I think Nicholas Cage said it best in the movie "The Rock".

I don't want to derail this thread to much discussing it though.  I have considered starting a thread titled What Is Wrong With Society but I don't have time to manage a thread.

Personally? Big up and down year. Had a nervous breakdown in February which may (I hope) be rock bottom, but it got me on the path I'm on now. I'm out of a toxic living and working environment and despite being broke as broke can be, I've never been happier or more at peace with myself and my surroundings.

Overall? 2015 was one of the worst years I can remember from a socio-political stand point. Outside of a few positives (i.e. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage) nothing seemed to go right this year.

might have been downs... but sounds like an up year to me.     trajectory, baby!   cheers

Germanwings plane crash - shining a spotlight on mental illness

Refugee crisis - the greatest one since WW II - and the shameful lack of compassion from many

Supreme court decision on same sex marriage

More mass shootings - notable in that aside from the regular drivers of hate and mental illness,we had multiple home-grown Islamic extremism shootings too.

Personally had a good year; strengthened family relationships, decent work and life balance; major accomplishments at work and outside of work; memorable vacations; continued improved financial position. Donated more to charity. But still plenty of stuff to work on.

Archived