Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - Bills at #Redskins (Final)

JimmiJo

Supposing the eagles lose tonight, and the Skins win next week, are the starters rested for a then meaningless Dallas game? Sure its speculation, but that is much more fun to speculate about at this point in the season than who to draft at the #5 spot. If it were me, I'd rest them as the team is a bit banged up after a long season.

I've never been a fan of resting your starters for the last game...it seems to hurt teams more than it helps...sorta like trying to ice the kicker...I would think about pulling my starters at half time...more for injury reasons though..

I've never been a fan of resting your starters for the last game...it seems to hurt teams more than it helps...sorta like trying to ice the kicker...I would think about pulling my starters at half time...more for injury reasons though..

Fair enough. Was just curious what others thought. Thanks for replying.

Fair enough. Was just curious what others thought. Thanks for replying.

No, that is a sound strategy.  A lot of people feel the same as you..it seems to be the reasonable thing to do...but I never like it, even when a 12-14 win team sits its players out the last game...seems to backfire...the rested team often comes out either flat or sluggish..

Now for this season's Redskins...absolutely not..9-7..beating the eagles... beating the **** outta dallas is the ONLY way to head into the playoffs...full steam ahead

I think we passed on first down more. Including the short TD pass to Reed from the 4. 

We have run in that same down and distance for 2 decades, and all teams league wide know this. 

Its refreshing to see our offensive play calling evolve this year. 

I completely agree.  Though, I kindof wish it didn't take an embarrassment on MNF to force the coaches to realize that they needed to not "Run left" on every single first down.  

Gotta give the team a lot of credit today. Years past when crowder dropped that punt they would have folded. But they stuck it out against a good team. Very very proud of them. And I'm all in on cousins. Pay the man. I think we have our qb finally

Interesting, and I'm guilty of this too, up by 18, I swore up and down that the 'Skins were still going to find a way to blow it.  Why?  Because that's what they've been doing for the better part of 2 decades.  Only 'Skins fans can't feel comfortable with an 18 point lead, and when the first bad-thing happens, fears complete and total collapse is imminent.  

Hell, it happened early this year.  In the Panther's game, the team was very competitive, and then 1 bad play, and they gave up 70 unanswered points and went completely away.

We're just so accustomed to bad things happening, we start to expect them.  I'm hoping that a year from now, if the team is up by 18, nobody is feeling like they still are going to find a way to blow it.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived