Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

They're on the other firing and other stuff too......just takes time but they get to it all...press must be having amazing times, professionally speaking, these days....I think this game is not going to go as well as bannon thought in the long run...anyway, i regularly remind myself that i might the one to turn out totally wrong and djt ends up a revitalizing america success

i have lived with being terribly wrong before, and in this case i would welcome it and subject myself to all the criticism deserved for my wrongness..

Just now, Jumbo said:

They're on the other firing and other stuff too......just takes time but they get to it all...press must be having amazing times, professionally speaking, these days....I think this game is not going to go as well as bannon thought in the long run...anyway, i regularly remind myself that i might the one to turn out totally wrong and djt ends up a revitalizing america success

i have lived with being terribly wrong before, and in this case i would welcome it and subject myself to all the criticism deserved for my wrongness..

I don't think you're wrong. I will say this, though. The ONLY good I can see happening in this cluster**** is that the divide b/w D's and R's, that has been an issue forever, may finally begin to close (somewhat) because of Trump and his ego/ignorance. The silver lining I see in this is that all people, from ALL parties, eventually begin to come together once they see just how far off the reservation Trump is willing to take us. The question is how long will that take, and how much unnecessary damage will be done before that actually (if ever) happens?

*This assumes people who voted for him and his current supporters are willing to throw their own ego aside, and accept that the man they voted for is clueless. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That official statement from the White House on the firing of Yates reads like a mean 7th grade girl gossip tweet.

It is embarrassing. I'm pretty sure Trump wrote it himself. 

On the other hand, Hannity and Newt are investigating who is behind the bankrolling of all the protests taking place. 

Hannity I think is the most watched cable "news" show now. We are all truly ****ed.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It is embarrassing. I'm pretty sure Trump wrote it himself. 

On the other hand, Hannity and Newt are investigating who is behind the bankrolling of all the protests taking place. 

Hannity I think is the most watched cable "news" show now. We are all truly ****ed.

Someone forgot to get Hannity an Occam's Razor for Xmas.  

Occam's Razor - It'll save you time, money and make you look sharp.  

12 minutes ago, visionary said:

I just can't understand why people don't want this to be America. White, Black, brown, Christian, Muslim, Jew, gay, straight, Democrat, Republican, so on and so forth. All Americans in the end. That's why this country has been so special. And yet people absolutely detest the very notion. I don't get it. My biggest pet peeve is stupid **** and this whole thing defines stupid. 

(btw racial isolation is the actual answer. Hoopleheads in their 96% white towns who think Democrats sacrifice babies and Asian women have horizontal vaginas. Sorry couldn't help myself.) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, visionary said:
Hmm, lawful....

Maybe he was offered an assistant AG spot?? It won't happen, but it would be awesome if tomorrow he reversed course and said "after speaking with more member of the DoJ, I have ordered that we will not be defending this EO." 

Just now, brandymac27 said:

I'm not so sure that will hold with the current appointments already confirmed. 

• Like 1

On January 29, 2017 at 9:56 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

What's your plan if there were rioting?

On January 29, 2017 at 10:01 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Looting.  I'm a liberal, so that's just what we do.

#excellenceinbroadcasting

On January 29, 2017 at 10:19 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Seems smart.  And that is why I will stay home and protect what is mine.  Maybe you will get lucky and run into a business owner with a gun license.

Cmon man.  You were gripping it a little tight.  Just hang in there, ok.  I think you're a good dude.

Peace.

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i've heard/read a couple solid legal professors who challenge her legal basis for denial of enforcement (arguments credible to my laymans eye) and are opining that it was really the morality clause/aspect of it---discriminatory nature--that drove her...not partisan politics...some are making good arguments that she should have handled it by going to trump & co first and talk about it (we don't know if she tired in any way or not, it's being assumed "not") and that going public was really out of the norm and questionable...pushback would be "do you think it would have mattered if she did?"...

If there was legal basis and her disagreement was personal moral views, she should have resigned.  Personally I think that's fantastic that she chose instead of make the Trump's government look like a circus but it probably wasn't the most professional decision.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

If there was legal basis and her disagreement was personal moral views, she should have resigned.  Personally I think that's fantastic that she chose instead of make the Trump's government look like a circus but it probably wasn't the most professional decision.

Obviously I have no idea where she resides but if she wants to run for office, I'm sure she would do quite well in a Democrat controlled state. Maybe even challenge in Georgia as that state changes demographically. 

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

The fact that multiple courts across the country have issued a preliminary injunction against the EO is a pretty good sign that the EO as drafted and enforced is unlawful.  At least four judges agreed with Sally Yates that EO is not merely immoral, but unlawful and I have not yet heard of any judge ruling against the ACLU in these cases.

• Like 1