Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

28 minutes ago, tshile said:

Trump gave her the chance to do that and also stand up for something when others seem to be twiddling their thumbs.

The bigger issue is what trump has done. She can keep her brownie points for all I care.

also, if one actually checks out her work history and reputation, it's very impressive and she's been highly praised by dems and gopers over the years. and she's been at the dep't for 30 years. i keep reading "character" and "integrity" and "competence" (legal wiz)  from people on both sides of the aisle. i'm trying not to say this but i like her looks--smarty hot. now i sound like one of the rtt boyz.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

After election night, I have no faith or confidence in this country's people or it's politicians to do the right thing at any point over the next 4 years. 

Trump suppprters are eating this up and high fiving etc. this is exactly what they wanted. 

Nothing is going to change or suddenly happen. Wouldn't shock me to see the man reelected. The level of ignorance among the masses is astounding or the level 

I've generally been against a poll test, since they're usually terribly warped on purpose.

But frankly, if there was just a single "yes/no" question of "Was Donald Trump's ban on travelers from 7 countries implemented on January 27, as implemented on January 27 (prior to any amendments), a good idea?" I wouldn't exactly lose sleep.

If you answer yes, they politely take you to the placebo voter booth.

And thus America was saved.

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i'm trying not to say this but i like her looks--smarty hot.

I'm sure that gives her great comfort in what must be a very trying moment for her.

Here's another perspective on the whole immigration EO fiasco that's on the more sinister end of the spectrum. The EO was in part about testing loyalty:

https://medium.com/@jakefuentes/the-immigration-ban-is-a-headfake-and-were-falling-for-it-b8910e78f0c5#.qxef5uji7

1. "When the dust settles, we have 100% of the Executive Order we originally wanted, we’ve tested the loyalty of a department we’ll need later on, we’ve proven we can ignore an entire branch of government, and we’ve slipped in some subtle moves that will make the next test even easier.
  3. We’ve just tested the country’s willingness to capitulate to a fascist regime."
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

After election night, I have no faith or confidence in this country's people or it's politicians to do the right thing at any point over the next 4 years. 

Trump suppprters are eating this up and high fiving etc. this is exactly what they wanted. 

Nothing is going to change or suddenly happen. Wouldn't shock me to see the man reelected. The level of ignorance among the masses is astounding or the level 

Health care reform is what will be the anchor. The GOP won't be able to deliver cause they have massively over promised on this issue.

• Like 1

and they just fired her, and put in a stop-gap...ya know, the detail on this (re: her daily tasks and the situation for trump and what her actual objections were based on etc) are worth their own few days to unpack...part of the bannon plan is to keep everything  too busy and it works in one way but ya can't keep it up fo-evah (he thinks maybe you can) becuase it will collapse under its own "weight"  in a society like this...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's amazing that they can't even fire someone in a professional way. They are really a bunch of children. 

I expected it to say that she's at best a 3/10 and Trump wouldn't even consider dating her, even when she was 18.

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

per LD's cartoon above, i submitted my application for an assisted suicide program, but was disappointed to find out i didn't get to pick the person and they had to want to do it :(

Funny, I got the same response when I wanted to do body piercings................ some people, eh?

• Like 1

to be clear, an INTELLIGENT (experts in charge) reexamination of security measures---even a well-designed temp suspension of travel rights VERY carefully rolled out---is something I think most people would support...tightening procedures etc...not this inept, bigoted, structurally ineffective mess that these incompetent head case ****wads delivered

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

She likely would have been replaced eventually, right?

yes, when the dems let go of Jeff Sessions big toe...

• Like 2

Seems like a strange gig for someone who is a career attorney. Can he return to his current job once Sessions is appointed in a few weeks? Or has he information about Sessions that tells him he'll have time to change his briefs.

Edited by Corcaigh