Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Soooo, purgette? Demi-purge? New Purge Lite with half the gluten?

Something like that. "If we can't kill them, let's strip away their citizenship and dump them over the wall. Just as good."

5 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

That's a really alarming turn. A slippery slope to abuse in order to get rid of undesirables since they can't just purge them.

I read the article and it seems short on details.  What grounds are they using to attempt to strip them?  We have a history of stripping people of citizenship when it was found out they were Nazi's that committed war crimes so it isn't exactly without precedent.  Now I assume this administration isn't using that high bar and honestly, are probably doing it for little more than the color of their skin.  But you need to give me some details before I get up in arms

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I read the article and it seems short on details.  What grounds are they using to attempt to strip them?  We have a history of stripping people of citizenship when it was found out they were Nazi's that committed war crimes so it isn't exactly without precedent.  Now I assume this administration isn't using that high bar and honestly, are probably doing it for little more than the color of their skin.  But you need to give me some details before I get up in arms

Is that the only article so far making the claim?  I'm a little reluctant to believe it yet...though I'm sure the desire from the administration is there.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Is that the only article so far making the claim?  I'm a little reluctant to believe it yet...though I'm sure the desire from the administration is there.

Not sure.  I, for the most part, only read the articles posted here.  Mostly by you.  Thanks btw!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EBoz said:

It doesn’t say. If they attempted to cross illegally that is on the parents. 

Eligible recruits are required to have legal status in the U.S., such as a student visa, before enlisting. More than 5,000 immigrants were recruited into the program in 2016, and an estimated 10,000 are currently serving. Most go the Army, but some also go to the other military branches.

Edited by Cooked Crack

Sorry Burgold, there is nothing wrong with wanting secure borders.   It does not make one a crotchety old man.   I'm so sick of that argument, as well as the "racist" label just because people want others to follow the law.  If you were to go to another country without documentation and expected to stay,  you would be detained and sent right back home.  Forgive the rant I've just been stewing over this for a while. 

• Like 2

The issue is that there are laws on the books that are very clear. As a veteran, it’s a slap in my face as to how many pander to those crossing ILLEGALLY when there are so many veterans on the streets who deserve way more than people trying to cross our borders illegally. 

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

Ah. I think we're talking about two separate tweets.

Fair enough and I think you are right. 

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

So if the law changes tomorrow, you'd change your tune?

Not really. As a veteran there is no chance, any person/family crosses our border and reaps the benefits while there are so many homeless veterans on the streets. It’s a no brainer for me.

with that being said, there are still laws. What exactly do you disagree with?

Edited by EBoz

Just now, EBoz said:

Not really. As a veteran there is no chance, any person/family crosses our border and reaps the benefits while there are so many homeless veterans on the streets. It’s a no brainer for me. 

Why bring up the law if it doesn't matter? Laws can be changed. If you don't like an action then talk about that instead of bringing up laws.