Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

6 minutes ago, twa said:

To ignore the problem and the law.

Nah nah nah nah nah.

You're not getting away that easily.

Be specific.  What was the previous policy specifically?  Why did it not follow the law?  Why is this solution the best answer?

How do we reconcile what you're saying with what Ben Sasse is saying?

12 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

If this was happening in the Middle East, Balkans, or Central America, the media would be covering this as a humanitarian crisis.

Far worse is happening in those places, and it is ignored.

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

That has nothing to do with my post.

"the media would be covering this as a humanitarian crisis" as in if this was being covered, it would be a humanitarian crisis story.

You seriously expect him to answer anything other than by drive by whataboutisms? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Among the fresh ideas being circulated: tightening rules on student visas and exchange programs; limiting visas for temporary agricultural workers; making it harder for legal immigrants who have applied for any welfare programs to obtain residency; and collecting biometric data from visitors from certain countries.

I think that we are finally going to see part of Trump’s base start to turn. You couple this disaster with limiting the immigration labor force and a trade war and now you are finally negatively impacting the wallet along with the emotions of kids in cages. What has always been needed, unfortunately, is people to be impacted for the worse when it comes to money.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, twa said:

I've answered far more than ya'll

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Nah nah nah nah nah.

You're not getting away that easily.

Be specific.  What was the previous policy specifically?  Why did it not follow the law?  Why is this solution the best answer?

How do we reconcile what you're saying with what Ben Sasse is saying?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

So you're admitting defeat?

I mean, these questions aren't exactly the Riemann hypothesis.

how would I be defeated?

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Operating normally.

yes ya'll are

56 minutes ago, twa said:

How many answers did my questions get?

How about ending asylum application at the border?  Or you could limit it to no asylum application if apprehended while illegally crossing.

Or increasing personnel to allow expedited review of asylum application?  Or keeping families together for misdemeanor arrests with expedited hearing on charges?  Wouldn't these be better options than what Trump is doing now if the goal is to end catch and release?

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

How about ending asylum application at the border?  Or you could limit it to no asylum application if apprehended while illegally crossing.

Or increasing personnel to allow expedited review of asylum application?  Or keeping families together for misdemeanor arrests with expedited hearing on charges?  Wouldn't these be better options than what Trump is doing now if the goal is to end catch and release?

The latter is in a bill Cruz is proposing

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/392892-cruz-announces-bill-to-end-separation-of-immigrant-families

Rubio also has proposed one

Asylum can be applied for at any embassy as far as I know, I would not favor excluding those caught illegally crossing from applying(there are complications added to those breaking the law though)

Illegal immigrants are increasingly posing with children who are not their own in order to try to gain expedited entry to the U.S., multiple sources tell The Daily Caller.

A law enforcement source directly involved in apprehension told The Daily Caller officers are increasingly encountering “family units” of adult males with children of various ages. When law enforcement attempts to debrief the adult males with children, they often cannot answer even the most basic questions about their supposed children. The children also rarely appear to know details of their apparent “fathers.”

The law enforcement source cast doubt on the asylum claims that many of the illegal immigrants appear to parrot, pointing out that the vast majority of those detained are actively trying to evade authorities. Only upon their detention do they offer the exact same credible fear of returning home, most of whom say the phrase in the exact same scripted way.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/18/illegals-other-children-asylum-claims/