Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cousins Is The Man

Veryoldschool

Was it Ed Kleese that started the "I think We All Know A Good Team When We See One" thread?

I know he mentioned in one of the threads at that time  that "he was convinced Cuzzo was going to be a star" or words to that effect. 

Not sure that he's ever waivered in that, either.  His traffic hasn't been that high these days though.  

I know it wasn't Ed who started that thread. Not sure what his take on Cousins was, but knowing Ed, I think he still has nightmares of the Norv era and is waiting for Kirk to turn into Gus Frerotte :lol:

that we would wrap up a NFCE Division Championship and playoff birth before the last game (not done since 1991)

We clinched the division in the second-to-last game against 1999 and pretty much rested our starters against Miami the next week. Still too darn long ago though.

Anyway, not to go into past history, but the Kirk trashing after the pickapalooza Thursday night Giants game last season was just.......wow!  As Jumbo said, you all know who you are.

But everyone points to the 2014 Giants game and compares to the one against NY a few weeks ago as coming full circle for Kirk.  But it might be this upcoming game. Everyone gushed about how well Kirk did against the Eagles in week 3 last year, but aside from a pretty deep ball to Jackson, he struggled in the second half of that game. Hopefully he vanquishes those Linc demons on Saturday.

Holy Cow...did anyone else notice that this seasons Redskins Off. Pts. per game (22.6) is our 4th highest since 1991? Missed being our 3rd highest by 2/10 of a point per game(22.8 - 1996)...that is depressing and encouraging all at once...if we can avg. 26 pts in our last two games we are seeing the 3rd most prolific scoring Redskins' offense since we won the Super Bowl nearly a quarter of a century ago...insane

2015 - 22.6
2014 - 18.8
2013 - 20.9
2012 - 27.3
2011 - 18.0
2010 - 18.9
2009 - 16.6
2008 - 16.6
2007 - 20.9
2006 - 19.2
2005 - 22.4
2004 - 15.0
2003 - 17.9
2002 - 19.1
2001 - 16.0
2000 - 17.6
1999 - 27.7
1998 - 19.9
1997 - 20.4
1996 - 22.8
1995 - 20.4
1994 - 20.0
1993 - 14.4
1992 - 18.6
1991 - 30.3
1987 - 25.2
1983 - 33.8
1982 - 21.1
1972 - 24.0
1942 - 20.6
1937 - 17.7
1932 - Boston Braves - 5.5

Yeah, after all the hell that Kirk has been thru in this ordeal?  You really think he would want to sign up for that again?  You are dreaming my friend.  If I'm his Dad and agent I wouldn't let Kirk sign a locker receipt for next year unless #10 is gone.  There's no way it could work and no reason to. 

Drama might be good for the local news but it doesn't create an atmosphere conducive to winning.  Thirty one other teams know this as well and they will not trade us a bag of chips for Robert.  Gracefully let him go and be done with this.  Hopefully, Kelly is fired and Robert decides to go home to Texas - The Houston Texans.

How many zeros are on that check.  He did not go through anything more than any other player playing on our team for their position. 

What will happen if the team franchise tag him.  Then what......  Maybe a trade is possibly for either.

D.C. drama is nothing new.  They should be numb to it.  The atmosphere is a part of the game.  

Letting anyone of these guys go for nothing would be unbelievable.  I have football conversations with different team fans and they are very interested in our QBs.  We have to be 110% on who is the starting QB.  Our QB wins a game and he is our future QB and then the next week he lose and he is nothing but a backup.  

It is a tough pill to swallow but it is what it is.  

I hope Kirk wins out the rest and more.  HTTR 

Either way

BTW...here is the link for the "I Think We All Know A Good Team..." thread:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/369932-i-think-we-all-know-a-good-football-team-when-we-see-one/

FWIW, this thread was started after the 3rd preseason game and we were laying out fools...in the preseason... just waiting on week 1, MNF and Chip Kelly's Eagles.

That was the theme.  At the time of course...

Is he? I never look at that stuff (barely look at names lol). I didn't even realize at the time that he was the thread starter.

Basically, it was during a run of "Cousins haters are desperate now, they are reaching for straws to find anything to hate the guy! They are hating that he's doing well!! Extend Cousins now!" etc, etc...

MOD EDITED - PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE LARGE POSTS OR ANYTHING INCLUDING PICTURES OT GIFS. 

Once again you are referencing my posts, I always believed Kirk had it and said so all along.  He has all the tools including most importantly a really quick mind and tremendous drive to succeed.  A Brady like career is possible for Kirk with a smart FO and if Gruden continues to grow alongside Cousins.  

Thank you for doing the homework to bring to light a couple of my old posts reminding all of my prescience this season.  In you continue this effort I think you are honor duty bound to nominate me for ES poster of the year since you took the time to gather the data you should complete your task....:-)

DC9, tell me the OP in that thread still posts here.  "Hardcore Zornography" is the best username ever on ES.  I also liked "Brandon Lloyd Christmas."

I was going to say Lloyd's Mongolian Beef, but then I remembered it was only his sig that everyone loved.

Bringing in Cavanaugh was a brilliant (and necessary) move. With continued tutelage from Cavanaugh, I think we'll see Cousins continue to develop and impress. That hire in the off-season teaches us two important lessons:

(1) Allen's decision to hire Gruden without a separate quarterback coach on staff was a critical mistake. Putting so much on a first-year head coach's plate was unconscionable. But then again, we all know that Allen has no business doing anything but shaking hands and tending to the brand.

(2) Cousins can rock this offense. The play-calling, though, has to be both more aggressive and more exploitative; no more predictability and conservatism.

It's also clear that there's a concerted effort to elevate the profile of McVay. They're purposely promoting him during the production meetings before games. Interesting.

DC9, tell me the OP in that thread still posts here.  "Hardcore Zornography" is the best username ever on ES.  I also liked "Brandon Lloyd Christmas."

Not sure.  We've had a decent turnover the last couple of years.

I think some of the elders will be back if Saturday goes well.

It's not reading between the lines, it's quoting you verbatim lol...

And you said this: "...but given the circumstances, i don't think anyone would have played well"

So Cousins "didn't play great", but you don't think anyone could have played well in that situation--which I'm assuming the situation that lead to Cousins playing "not great" was QBing a broken team that was playing miserably and that had given up. Not sure how else to interpret that.

never did i blame the team, so that's not quoting me verbatim, but we all know califan will never lose an argument, so you are fully 100% correct

RG3 is gone. I don't know why people keep going back to that well.

Cousins is our QB for the next 5+ years. Accept it or root for the Texans next year when RG3 signs with them and gets benched before October.

He's the qb for next year... Look how quickly Peyton ****ing Manning got benched....

Bringing in Cavanaugh was a brilliant (and necessary) move. With continued tutelage from Cavanaugh, I think we'll see Cousins continue to develop and impress. That hire in the off-season teaches us two important lessons:

(1) Allen's decision to hire Gruden without a separate quarterback coach on staff was a critical mistake. Putting so much on a first-year head coach's plate was unconscionable. But then again, we all know that Allen has no business doing anything but shaking hands and tending to the brand.

(2) Cousins can rock this offense. The play-calling, though, has to be both more aggressive and more exploitative; no more predictability and conservatism.

It's also clear that there's a concerted effort to elevate the profile of McVay. They're purposely promoting him during the production meetings before games. Interesting.

i believe i heard that it was kirk's idea to bring in QB coach, not sure if that was in one of my many dreams about kirk or not though, i'm sure a quick search of google would suffice, but bringing it up here is much more fun

He's the qb for next year... Look how quickly Peyton ****ing Manning got benched....

Peyton Manning is older than Elway (his boss) was when he retired. BTW, he still leads the league in INTs.

Cousins has at least another decade until his body starts to fall apart like Grandpa Manning.

Archived