Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Or I have......

Oh, no, I'm commenting on reading the post of mine that you quoted.  Not just bad spelling, but wrong words used.  Yean, I know what I ment to type, but still, I sure don't think I used to be that sloppy.  

• Haha 1

More responsible gun owners (I'm sure they think of themselves as good guys with guns):

Bullet Hits Loudoun County Woman During Target Practice at Nearby Farm

A flying bullet struck a woman outside her home in Loudoun County, Virginia, Sunday afternoon while residents were target shooting on a farm nearby, authorities say.

The woman, who did not want to be identified, told News4 she was hit as she was hurrying her children into the house on Gable Farm Lane in Hamilton, Virginia.

A group of men and women were shooting toward a "natural berm" about 3:30 p.m. when one of their bullets struck the woman several hundred yards away, the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office said.

The bullet grazed the woman's shoulder and she didn't require any medical treatment, deputies said.

Deputies seized four weapons from the farm where the group was shooting and investigators will try to determine who fired the errant shot.

A sign at the entrance to the farm reads "No Trespassing. Sniper on Duty."

The shooting isn't the first of its kind in Loudoun County. In May 2018, bullets fired from an outdoor shooting area hit three homes in Aldie. About three months later, some residents near Leesburg found bullet holes in the walls of their homes.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, visionary said:

🤔

Trying to figure out the point, here.  

Is it "Thou Shalt Worship the Gun"?  

Did those guns give their lives, protectung us from 9/11?  

(Part of me wonders if those guns were being carried legally.  Pretty sure NYC has some really tough carry laws.  But I'm certain that there were a lot of NYPD officers there, if nothing else.)  

3 hours ago, tshile said:

Why? I don’t believe their ar-10/15 lines were all that popular. 

In fact didn’t colt go through bankruptcy like 4-5 years ago?

it feels like something they were forced to do an took the opportunity to make a PR move out of it

Colt actually makes made a pretty awesome AR when viewed at a cost/quality aspect.  

Pure guess but I'd think that would be a significant part of their ssales.

• Thanks 1

Colt is claiming their margins are too low, which i can tell you is corporate-speak for “not worth the headache.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/gearscout/irons/2019/09/13/colt-is-reportedly-out-of-the-civilian-rifle-game-for-now/

According to Spitale, rifles aren’t heavily favored by the civilian market, resulting in lower profit margins for Colt while the company continues to go full steam on producing rifles to fulfill outstanding military and law enforcement contracts.