Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

Just now, Larry said:

Perhaps your post should have identified which "the student" you were referring to, genius.  

That would take the fun right out of assumptions wouldn't it.

22 hours ago, twa said:

DYY-LNmUMAEIECV.jpg

How bout we compromise... you give up your gun and still consider yourself armed. Or, keep your gun but give up your wiener. Or, keep your dignity but you’d have to give up making stupid points about Bruce Jenner and pretending they are somehow pertinent to the topic.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How bout we compromise... you give up your gun and still consider yourself armed. Or, keep your gun but give up your wiener. Or, keep debating but give up making stupid points about Bruce Jenner and pretending they are somehow pertinent to the topic.

I notice which stupid ones you object to. :807:

JUST IN: Officials recommended that Florida school shooter be forcibly committed in 2016 http://hill.cm/FGUBiBL 

Goddammit, if someone could have just gotten that girl an AR!!

Authorities in Mississippi say a 9-year-old boy has shot his 13-year-old sister in the head and wounded her after an argument over a video game controller.

Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell told local news outlets that the girl wouldn’t give up the video game controller when her brother wanted it on Saturday. He says the boy shot the girl in the back of the head and that the bullet entered her brain.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/18/boy-shoots-sister-in-video-game-controller-dispute-cops/

On 3/17/2018 at 6:46 PM, twa said:

Tweet positively dripping with the terror of guns being confiscated.

You poor littler fella.

Has anyone gotten any legislation anywhere near even a vote that means the big bad gubbermint is going to come take your widdle gunny wunny?

No. Of course not. No big bad men from the big bad gubbermint are going to come take away your widdle guns.

Now go to sleep and stop crying. You can even suck on the gun if it'll help you relax.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Now go to sleep and stop crying. You can even suck on the gun if it'll help you relax.

~Bang

giphy.gif

If he could suck on his gun, he'd never leave the house, but it'd definitely help him relax.  ;)

On 3/17/2018 at 10:14 AM, LD0506 said:

image.png.0e6f61cea2d5eacb730b54112b048202.png

Funny. All of the anti gun media has done nothing but increase the NRA membership numbers and gun sales to an all time high. I am perfectly fine with stronger background checks (I have nothing to hide)  and even giving up my AR's if need be (There are tons of perfectly functioning alternatives). But if any of you anti gun folks think any law will stop a criminal from getting a gun you are naive. That genie left the bottle the day the Constitution was written. You will certainly be successful in disarming law abiding citizens though. 

Edit: And I apologize for quoting the large picture. But it is kind of relevant to my post.

Edited by clskinsfan

Funny, I'm not anti gun but I am opposed to the recklessly goofy NRA agenda. 

I am of the opinion that pro gun people need to take control of their own interests, jettison the loopy "More guns is always the answer!!!" narrative and lead the charge to reduce the carnage.

"Responsible gun owners" need to own that title and be responsible, help find some answers that work.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Funny, I'm not anti gun but I am opposed to the recklessly goofy NRA agenda. 

I am of the opinion that pro gun people need to take control of their own interests, jettison the loopy "More guns is always the answer!!!" narrative and lead the charge to reduce the carnage.

"Responsible gun owners" need to own that title and be responsible, help find some answers that work.

Then why are responsible gun owners recommendations in regards to mental health issues ignored? Why arent the current gun laws enforced? And why are recommended solutions from gun owners laughed at. YOU may not be anti gun. But to be honest with you the NRA, as radical as they are, are about the only protection gun owners and outdoors sportsman have at this point. The entire media and agenda from the left is leading to a single option. And that is disarmament. Something that will only disarm law abiding citizens. Criminals are criminals. By the very definition they break the law. You really think passing another one of any kind would make a difference? 

Take a breath. :rofl89:

IMO part of the problem IS the alarming extremist stance of the NRA. Responsible gun owners ought to find responsible advocacy.

The mental health aspect is a valud one but it rings a little hollow when advanced by many of the same people pushing to gut mental health resources and supporting the Dickey Amendment that prevents any genuine attempts to gather data on it.

"The entire media and agenda from the left" Interesting way to characterize the current conversation which has been sparked and driven by high school kids that saw their friends slaughtered and had the idealistic naivete to believe that it was a bad thing.

• Like 2