Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Secondary Market - has it ever been this bad?

amazng

This seems to be a topic on a couple of threads, so I thought I would start a new one.  Hopefully I don't get 'gonged' or banned on my 2nd post to the board (long time lurker, season ticket holder since 1994).

I checked out stubhub and seatgeeks yesterday for the Rams game on Sunday and was shocked to see that club levels on the 50 yard line are going for about $80.  Same thing for 'dream' seats in the end zone.  SRO for $12.  I don't ever remember it being this bad this early in the season since the switch to RalJon/Fedex.  

Has the revolt begun?  Will our owner recognize this?  

it has been lower at the end of a couple dismal years, but it has never been anywhere near this bad this early in the season.  every other year, the fanbase has started the season with at least some hope.  i think this is probably the lowest the morale of the Redskins fanbase has ever been for game two.

Right, but that was at the end of a hopeless season.  I was at the KC game a few years back when nobody could give away a ticket.  My point is, has it ever been this bad only 2 games into the season?  I'm not sure, but I don't think so.  Hell, I remember when I could get close to face value for preseason tickets when Joe Gibbs made his return!!

In 2011, after we had WON the opener against the Giants, remember club SROs being had for $17 for the second game against AZ. Granted, we had just come off a disappointing 2010 and were looking at Grossman and Beck at QB. And maybe the labor strife in the previous offseason had soured some folks. Still...........

It's amazing that there are people who actually still purchase club seats directly from the team. They either have more money than they know what to do with, or still don't trust sites like Stubhub.

No-this escalated very quickly. Like previous posters said-very unusual for them to go this low this fast. They got there at the end of last season-but unusual to be this low for game 2. It makes you wonder-why does ANYONE still pay outrageous prices for season tickets? When you can get tickets to ANY game you want to for less than face value-why would you overpay for 10 games? To prove your "fanhood"? Because they've been in your family for generations? Because you think they'll be a hot ticket again some day? Keep dreaming...

Wow.  I live in Vancouver WA.  Every year for 10 straight years I flew back to DC to watch a game with my dad.   I stopped last year.  Tickets were never this cheap.  Ever.  We'd sit in sections 101-103, or 142, etc.   I hope this is somehow hurting Dan Snyder's wallet.  The overall  product is poor.  I blame him. 

It makes you wonder-why does ANYONE still pay outrageous prices for season tickets? When you can get tickets to ANY game you want to for less than face value-why would you overpay for 10 games?

I can see those with the few "choice" seats in the place...I'm thinking the pre-OV 200 level seats and perhaps an argument can be made for low in the 400s along the sidelines....being reluctant to part with them. But I've even see a few low row 200 seats going low this week.

The team is getting better, but the fan base is not convinced and has been often burned. This was what my "Be Right" thread was alluding to. You could see the apathy oozing through the off season. When the most rabid of the fan base can't get themselves to believe and thinks a 7-9 result would be outstanding, but probably unrealistic... it's not really that surprising that a game against the Rams is drawing little interest. The Rams have been bad for quite a while too.

It will get better. I'd actually look at this as an opportunity. Fans who don't get to see games or can't afford them should go, scream loudly, and have a great time. Best time to buy is when the market is low.

NFL got rid of black outs this year.

Wise. Generally speaking, why would you go? It's a great sport for TV. They play on Sundays (school/work nights). It's very expensive and, in many markets, almost as much time is spent commuting as watching the game.

I actually don't like attending games in person. I've had more fun recently attending games when the Skins are the road team and I can use it as an excuse to make a mini vacation out of it. I think stadiums will get smaller, attendance will drop, and people will continue to flock to watching on TV.

TheDan doesn't give two ****s about tickets, he makes his $$$ from the TV contracts, everything else is gravy.

It's a lot of gravy.  The Packers are publicly owned, so they have to publish a profit loss statement.  You can see it here for 2010.  I assume money has gone up a lot since then.  The retained income, which will go up and down with enthusiasm for the team is about equal to the share of the TV revenue.

This seems to be a topic on a couple of threads, so I thought I would start a new one.  Hopefully I don't get 'gonged' or banned on my 2nd post to the board (long time lurker, season ticket holder since 1994).

Now would be an excellent time you to read THE RULES.

Or not.

Totally up to you. :)

I've been paying close attention to the secondary market for more than a decade, and this is the lowest I've ever seen it. Taking in all of the factors such as early season, still in contention, nice weather, etc. The midfield clubs and lowers on the home side have never been as plentiful, or as many double digit asking prices as I've seen this week. Imo, street prices today are about the same as 20 years ago in RFK for comporable locations.

Archived