Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Secondary Market - has it ever been this bad?

amazng

• 2 weeks later...

The Skins could win the Super Bowl this year and the place would still be filled with black and gold next year.  They don't even have to travel, as this area is overrun by Steelers fans.

Check out the proportion of Steeler fans in San Diego (!) at 0:20.  

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000555930/Steelers-Le-Veon-Bell-for-25-yard-gain?campaign=fb-nf-sf14065874-sf14065874

That is a team whose fans take over stadiums.

Check out the proportion of Steeler fans in San Diego (!) at 0:20.  

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000555930/Steelers-Le-Veon-Bell-for-25-yard-gain?campaign=fb-nf-sf14065874-sf14065874

That is a team whose fans take over stadiums.

I would be really curious to see a census of NFL fans. It strikes me that the Skins national fandom is more of a residue of their status as a team from The South than it is their status as a dynasty team in the 80s. The 49ers and Giants and maybe the Bears seem to have taken advantage of their 80s success more.

Maybe it's because the titles were weirdly spaced and the marquee players were constantly rotating.

But I know a lot of 50 year old dudes who love the Steelers because they lived in Kansas in 1976 and the Steelers had Joe Green and Terry Bradshaw.

Bucs SRO tickets coming in at $19.

Look for this number to drop as the week progresses. 

I usually just look at club level and the prices for those for Sunday on Stubhub are a shade under $80 (including fees). Still a good deal, but higher than I thought they'd be.  Believe they were going for under $40 midweek prior to the Rams game.

Granted, only two days before the game, but looking on Stubhub I'm pretty surprised about how many sections in the club and upper levels don't have tickets available.  Cheapest club seats left are over $100.

Not saying this is a bad thing necessarily......great if the place is packed Sunday.  But the Skins have lost two straight and its the Bucs.....what do you think is going on?

• 1 month later...

Archived