Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

Everyone knows that Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles was the first video ever played on MTV, but did you know this was the second?

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I worked security for them (at the soundboard, great view) for this tour here in ATL.  They were so accommodating. 

I know Dave was in his 'addiction era', but damn if he couldn't pull it off every time. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Weezer celebrating thirty years....they lived long enough to appear on Kelly Clarkson's show and find out she's a huge fan and have her sing with them.

And I've lived long enough to become a semi regular viewer of the Kelly Clarkson show on daytime TV. 😮

It comes on right after Drew Barrymore. 😲😁

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Back in the day they called Gary "Superthroat." He had quite the string of big hits over five or six years or so. The lyrics to most of them do not hold up well with time 😆 and come of like creepy or perv or worse. 😲

His agent had a "genius" idea at the start for a gimmick for the boys. Another band of the time featured keyboardist Paul Revere and singer Mark Lindsay and had evolved into 'Paul Revere and the Raiders" (who many of you know I'm sure).They had just started wearing revolutionary war soldier outfits as their gimmick.

In a burst of creative originality 😄, Gary's agent suggested Gary call his band "The Union Gap" with them wearing civil war outfits.😛 

All the history lessons and questionable lyrics aside, Gary Puckett had one hell of a voice and I used to croon his tunes to the shielas as a yute. 👍😁

• Like 1