Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

From the playlist

Decent rocker features former Clash bassist Paul Simonon.

Excellent Aussie band from the mid-70s 

Boss blues. Beautiful. 

Vampiredrogyny? I dunno. Jams, though.

Subvert normality with fighter jets and hockey players.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, China said:

Here's a song written by Rupert Holmes (you know, the guy who does the Pina Colada song), except this one is a bit darker.  It's about cannibalism in a mine accident:

Lyrics

Ah yes. Interesting bit of trivia, an earlier version of this song included the lyric, “Yummy Yummy Yummy, I Got Tim In My Tummy.”

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

From the concept album The Zeramin Game.  Takes place in a light-fantasy world of Xia fallen into chaos of a curse.  You have a young outcast, Vi, and his friend who join a band of pirates to seek out the Zera to find his destiny he's seen in his dreams, and an shadowy older fellow who's dedicated his life to freeing the world from Zera's curse.  This song is just before the climactic penultimate track.  Vi headed to the shores of Zera, and Fowlen follows after him trying to prevent the boy from suffering the same fate as his own son.

The story for this album came to the band leader in a dream.  He'd shelved the story for some time intending to write a book, but when he started this band and started writing songs for it, he decided this was the time for him to tell the story.

• Like 1