Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Hubby & I were such big Queen fans! 

I had "You're My Best Friend and Love of My Life" inscribed on his urn. 

Well that's sad and I'm sorry for your loss. Probably makes it hard to listen to some music now. I've had to imagine for a while now the future of (hopefully not anytime soon) my wife having to do something like that for me. It sucks spending time thinking about what songs you want them to play at your funeral. (But the DR says that my cancer may finally be gone!)

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

From the playlist

You know how there are bands that are so critically acclaimed you'd think it was in the Critic's Union contract that you had to praise them, but truthfully most of their stuff was crap?
Television is that for me.
But this is a good one

Excellent song. Just discordant enough.

If you can't dig Morphine, you may need to check with a doctor. If you've never heard them, it's a baritone sax, a bass and a drummer. Unique.

Kill All Hippies

Brownout seems to be nothing but a Black Sabbath cover band, but they come up with some really nifty versions, like this. This is my favorite Black Sabbath song, and they do it great. 

~Fang

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Ever heard of Adrian Carton de Wiart?

Fought in the 2nd Boer war, the first world war, and the 2nd world war.  He lead from the frontlines and had the wounds to show for it: he was shot in the ankle, leg, hip, stomach, arm, ear (twice), groin, back of the head, and eye.  And exploded; when doctors wouldn't amputate his mangled fingers, he tore them off himself (the hand would eventually be amputated completely).  And survived two plane crashes.  When writing about his experiences in the trenches, he remarked "Frankly, I enjoyed the war."  Lived to the ripe old age of 83. He truly was The Unkillable Soldier

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2

On thing I think that everybody should know about if they don't already is the app Seeker if you have an android phone. It's the phone version of soulseek, which I've used for almost 20 years for hq music downloads.

If you instantly want a flac version of a particular song on your phone just type in the song name followed by flac and a long list will usually pop up. You can choose whatever bitrate you want but id recommend for your phone to just pick the smallest file that is a flac or even a 320kbps mp3. Save the vinyl rips and multi gig lp downloads for an actual quality 2ch setup.

Also, you'll need something like musicolet or foobar2000.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Some bands just don't sound very good unless you crank them up so loud you almost feel the need to break out some earplugs and/or non-believers start to run from the room looking at you like you are the one who is crazy .

I had to replace the video version of this to just the audio version because even though it said HD version that version actually sounds like crap when you listen to it on a good 2ch system, though it sounded fine when i did this on my phone. Here is the better one, still youtube tho so it can't be but so good lol. 

Even this one, crank that intro and it sounds at least 500% better but you gotta turn it down for the vocals or you will no longer have any hearing.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3