Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STATEMENT BY NFL INDEPENDENT NEUROLOGIST ROBERT N. KURTZKE ON #Redskins QB ROBERT GRIFFIN III

TK

I'm usually with you Cali but this level of incompetence is nuts. How often do we see players cleared and then not cleared in the NFL? And it just so happens that this is exactly what happens to us this week of all weeks. Theismen says it's the game of his career. NFL Network asking Jay if he has to play well to be starter week 1. I mean is this really all just a coincidence? Because it looks like the perfect way to shut down the "who should start" conversation until after week 1.

What's the incompetence on the Redskins' part?

I'm usually with you Cali but this level of incompetence is nuts. How often do we see players cleared and then not cleared in the NFL? And it just so happens that this is exactly what happens to us this week of all weeks. Theismen says it's the game of his career. NFL Network asking Jay if he has to play well to be starter week 1. I mean is this really all just a coincidence? Because it looks like the perfect way to shut down the "who should start" conversation until after week 1.

This decision is completely out of the hands of the Redskins. Both decisions were made by the indendent neurologist. So while it may be annoying, this reflects in now way on the Redskins.

I heard somebody call in to 980 right after Thursday's game and say that the NFL should have begun concussion protocol a week prior when he stated he felt like he was the best quarterback in the league. I laughed so hard I almost ran off the road

That is funny.

This decision is completely out of the hands of the Redskins. Both decisions were made by the indendent neurologist. So while it may be annoying, this reflects in now way on the Redskins.

Conflicting reports from the same doctor?  He clears him and then 24 hours later says no?  All of the weird answers RG3 gave yesterday and then the news of him not being cleared coming out at 7pm on a Friday night (right after all of the afternoon drive shows end).  This about as Redskins as it gets.

*rolls eyes*

You cannot expect us to believe this level of inconsistency is just a coincidence and not the result of a power struggle within the organization.

Yeah, our FO paid off an independent NFL neurologist so that we can a better look at Cousins, who we've had on our team for three years.  Sounds totally believable.

I think it is very plausable that one or the other was influenced or preasured. I could be wrong, but if you are getting a second opinion, why does he practice all week?

You could be wrong, and you are.  Everyone on the conspiracy cruise knows that Snyder wants Griffin to play.  So who paid off the independent neurologist?  Certainly not Gruden.  Scot?  Bruce?  See how ridiculous this is yet?  

Yeah, our FO paid off an independent NFL neurologist so that we can a better look at Cousins, who we've had on our team for three years.  Sounds totally believable.

I think you're looking at it wrong.  Snyder has heard all of the pressure mounting on this game, he got scared that RG3 wouldn't look good against Baltimore, figures Kirk won't fare much better, so RG3 gets sidelined for the rest of preseason and makes Gruden stick with starting RG3 week 1.

All I know is there is a black cloud over III.

That's for effin' sure lol...

You could be wrong, and you are.  Everyone on the conspiracy cruise knows that Snyder wants Griffin to play.  So who paid off the independent neurologist?  Certainly not Gruden.  Scot?  Bruce?  See how ridiculous this is yet?  

Isn't it obvious?

Cousins paid the guy off lol...

You unlock this door with a key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension.  A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Redskins Zone.

Yeah, our FO paid off an independent NFL neurologist so that we can a better look at Cousins, who we've had on our team for three years. Sounds totally believable.

You could be wrong, and you are. Everyone on the conspiracy cruise knows that Snyder wants Griffin to play. So who paid off the independent neurologist? Certainly not Gruden. Scot? Bruce? See how ridiculous this is yet?

There are other ways besides paying someone off to influence the guy. Perhaps his first opinion was influenced rather than his second. I would like to know what specifically the doc missed the first time around. Grounding Griffin spares him any further embarassment in the preseason and spares the team from having to defend starting him for two more weeks against mounting preasure. Idk what is going on here. What I do know is that it has never happened, that I can recall, to anybody in the league and now it is happening to us this week of all times, with so many agendas at play. But I guess that's just a coincidence.

Just like the whole "thumbs up from Dr. Andrews" debacle was just a coincidence and has only happened to us.

Either this is the most coincidental turn of events ever to happen to an NFL team or there's a lot more to this story that we don't, and may never, know.

This is not a conspiracy. No one is pulling strings in Redskins part to take out RG3.

But it is still another failure of the Redskins to control a story and situation. This has been a repeating problem for a freaking decade.

This entire week has been confusing, chaotic, and difunctional. Gruden clearly has no ability to explain anything whatsoever. Someone needs to stand up, control the situation, and clearly explain what is going on.

How to bench your starting quarterback without looking like you benched the starting quarterback.

I believe that this is orchestrated so they can see what Cousins can do. i think they are finally convinced of what they are going to get from Robert, and this is a way to make the change without having to answer for benching him.

No matter how the change was / is made, it's going to be a ****storm. so may as well choose this way and not give Robert anything he can say to the media beyond "I don't know, i just work here".

Now, if Cousins goes out and lays an egg, we send out the scouts and start prepping for the draft.

~Bang

It's pretty easy to understand.  Concussion symptoms can come back.  Obviously, it regressed

I don't think it's that...I just think that these neurologists don't just say "Cleared" and then drop it.

From what the statement said, it basically sounds like the doctor was consulting with others, probably per the norm...and didn't have any reason to not clear Griffin by the specified date. But afterwards when still discussing the neurological data with another neurologist, he started leaning towards the side of caution and felt it better for Griffin to wait another week.

Now...if anyone in the media gives two ****s about the truth instead of easy headlines they will do a lot of digging and have discussions with experts and will end up providing a much better and more thorough peek into what exactly the doctors do, what they look for, and how easy/hard it is to start to lean in the other direction when it comes to head/brain injuries. We'll find out it happens quite a bit, that it's not unusual to continue discussing and analyzing a case after initial diagnosis.

What we will most definitely NOT find out is that Dan Snyder is behind all this lol...

Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII  48m

Trusting in God even when I don't understand why certain things happen. James 1:2-3 (NLT)

This tweet doesn't really jibe with him being hurt....at least that's how I'm taking it. This whole thing is just weird. I'm sure he's just as confused as the rest of us 

I take that as hes unclear to why hes not playing. Leads me to believe its been orchestrated for him not to play.

Just like the whole "thumbs up from Dr. Andrews" debacle was just a coincidence and has only happened to us.

That whole "thumbs up from Doc Andrews" story was complete bull**** by Shanahan. He told two dramatically different stories to the press about Griffin returning to the Ravens game, and apparently there isn't a single sports reporter on the face of the earth who gives a damn that he did.

It is an independent neurologist hired by the NFL. They have no connection to the team.

Again. This is an issue of incompetence from Redskins to control a story, not a conspiracy to bench RG3.

Yeah, it would just be insane if the Redskins were using it to bench RG3.

It kind of explains Griffin's presser and why he never gave a definitive answer on the whole concussion issue. Did Gruden ever actually say Griffin is starting or did they just come about via the internet?

Archived