Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Want Cousins To Start 16 Games This Fall

Veryoldschool

Some poople...just love to **** on anything. Its like children that dont get their way. They start crying and try to make it miserable for everyone else. First its RG3. Now it's Kirk.

Some ****ing fanbase we got. Cant get behind anything or anyone. Go **** in some other can. We've seen and heard it all before.

Call yourself a Redskins fan? Than find something positive on this team and support it. Tired of all the doom and gloom negative ****storms. If you cant find something positive then keep your damn trap shut until you can. RG3? KC? CM? Don't care. Support the damn team.

Dysfuctional team? I see a bunch of Kardashians in the stadium seats.

HAIL

Some poople...just love to **** on anything. Its like children that dont get their way. They start crying and try to make it miserable for everyone else. First its RG3. Now it's Kirk.

Some ****ing fanbase we got. Cant get behind anything or anyone. Go **** in some other can. We've seen and heard it all before.

Call yourself a Redskins fan? Than find something positive on this team and support it. Tired of all the doom and gloom negative ****storms. If you cant find something positive then keep your damn trap shut until you can. RG3? KC? CM? Don't care. Support the damn team.

Dysfuctional team? I see a bunch of Kardashians in the stadium seats.

HAIL

Something positive?

Well, we are undefeated, although they have us currently last in our division.  I suspect it has to do with our name starting with R. 

How about less traffic for us real fans since the other fans who show their apathy by actually commenting will join the realer fans and not show up for actual games.

How about the anticipated improved play by our special teams?

Or maybe our defense will finally be able to stop a conversion on 3rd and forever?

Well, I hear the turf is better this year?

Isn't it obvious that for the same exact reasons why they did everything they could to facilitate comfort for RG3 to be the unquestioned starter this year as if he was a rookie giving him the proper backing he never had is the same reasons why Kirk was the #3 guy instead of #2 almost automatically so that way RG3 didn't feel like his contract year and draft peer was still breathing behind him?

Yes, the RG3 fans are taking it hard.  But also yes, there are Kirk fans that are so blind to the concerning reality that up until a week ago he hadnt even beat out McCoy, they were alternating 2nd and 3rd string.  I really really hope Kirk is as good as I think he can be, but lets be honest, something still smells, and its not the fish.

Okay, the fish might still smell to, thats why you dont steam it.

Isn't it obvious that for the same exact reasons why they did everything they could to facilitate comfort for RG3 to be the unquestioned starter this year as if he was a rookie giving him the proper backing he never had is the same reasons why Kirk was the #3 guy instead of #2 almost automatically so that way RG3 didn't feel like his contract year and draft peer was still breathing behind him?

Huh?

(Insert head scratching emoticon)

Cooley is doing the film breakdown for Cousins right now on 980. Getting pretty exited listening to some of what he did vs the Ravens.

For example, on the touchdown pass the Ravens came with an all out blitz. They brought 7, the Skins had 6 in protection. Cousins recognized the blitz slid the protection right, away from Suggs leaving him free. Knowing Suggs was unblocked coming from his left when he took the snap instead of taking a straight 3 step drop back Cousins drifts right buying him enough time to make the throw.

Huh?

(Insert head scratching emoticon)

They went through this whole offseason trying to do *everything* right for RG3 to develop, much in a similar ilk franchises do when trying to facilitate a rookie QBs success in their first year.  You know, stock up on OL, get skill position players, etc. give them first team reps, publicly say "rookie X is our guy" etc.  Our franchise, and I'm mostly crediting scot mccloughan here, but Gruden and yes Danbruce were probably involved as well, all played this offseason as if RG3 was our starter in order to facilitate success. 

Unless you've been living under a rock, which I know you haven't, Cousins has been a thorn in RG3's side since they were both drafted in 2012. Part of putting RG3 at ease to the absolute max, in addition to everything else, disregarding performance of Cousins vs. Mccoy, would have been to put cousins 3rd on the depth chart, to help facilitate the feeling that Cousins still wasn't a threat to RG3's starting job.  As sad as it is for McCoy, he's the oldest and least physically talented of the 3 guys, but he's got some savvy, so it's very easy and justifiable to have put him ahead of Cousins on the depth chart when RG3 is the starter.

I'm not saying McCoy 2nd and Cousins 3rd was totally non-performance based, but when chalking up the initial depth charts, it's in RG3's best interest for Cousins to be 3rd because he's the one that's also up for an extension this year, so for him to be second is more disconcerting in the long run for RG3 since in any sort of event, like, voila, the baltimore game, Cousins comes in and now is all of the sudden the 2015 starter.  McCoy had better stats technically in the preseason, and that makes it even more obvious that Cousins was going to be the first option to take over RG3's job if it actually became available like it did.  

Cooley is doing the film breakdown for Cousins right now on 980. Getting pretty exited listening to some of what he did vs the Ravens.

I am listening.  He's pretty much gushing at least thus far.  He is talking about him reading coverages, improvising when needed, getting the ball out quickly, not being fazed by blitzes, good foot work-timing with receivers, good ball placement.   He's using words like "phenomenal." Saying teams will be scared to blitz him.  Czaben checks in at one point and says you sound like we have Andrew Luck.   Cooley responds that it was just one game.

Hope all this plays out -- listening to this Cooley gives the vibe that Kirk is a star. 

Ok i gotcha now TB...thanks for the clarity. I think they did everything they could to support RG and the evidence was just too overwhelming.

Basically, yes, and maybe ongoing durability concerns.

I'll add the speculation that Scot was hopeful in supportable and rational fashion and even looking at the bright side (as was I for that matter) going into the season, but also with his more quiet doubts based on all the long-time counter-arguments and concerns (pragmatic, again as was I) while existing, not being given the forefront (properly so imo). 

Per Cooley's gushing: if he is--I realize it's a subjective description, and I haven't heard it yet---I find Cooley to be fine (neither brilliant nor awful)  so far as a colorful commentator overall, but I take everything with a major grain of salt with even the "good" media sources. I love that folks can get some actual positivity going, but I am too worn to gush about anything just yet.

(added, Keim's tweets just appearing in the twitter thread play along this line, however you see Keim---and again, it has been a crazy ride on this org for a long time and even this leg of this story isn't over until it's over)

Basically, yes, and maybe ongoing durability concerns.

... but I am too worn to gush about anything just yet.

Agree about obvious durability issues

Too worn? I need to get you to go to Colombia with me...After all of those beautiful ladies you will come back like a new man! ;)

Per Cooley's gushing: if he is--I realize it's a subjective description, and I haven't heard it yet---I find Cooley to be fine (neither brilliant nor awful)  so far as a colorful commentator overall, but I take everything with a major grain of salt with even the "good" media sources. I love that folks can get some actual positivity going, but I am too worn to gush about anything just yet.

There were some elements of gushing. Especially in the first part. He did point out some things Cousins can work on towards the end. The take away was that Cousins was doing some actual NFL quarterbacking Saturday night. 

Cooley said that it looked like the Ravens were planning to see RG3 and were going to try and kill him. He said they blitzed on around 75% of the passing plays. 

If I were the Ravens DC I'd keep the same plan for Kirik. I think his history and our protection would beg a consistently high-pressure attack from any opposing D until proven painfully wrong---which Kirk, the line, and the play-calling (plenty of open WRs this preseason) may indeed do. Fingers crossed.

Wow. I've never seen people want a QB to fail as badly as the Griffin fans want Cousins to fail...and that includes the Cousins fans when they wanted Griffin to fail. You guys suck.

People love to be right.

It doesn't take Nostradamus to figure out that any QB or HC in DC is likely to fail.  It probably has better odds than Secretariat winning a race that he runs by himself.  But whenever our team falls apart, which is always, there are plenty of people who proclaim some kind of wizardry and keen knowledge in predicting our demise.  

People love to be right.

It doesn't take Nostradamus to figure out that any QB or HC in DC is likely to fail.  It probably has better odds than Secretariat winning a race that he runs by himself.  But whenever our team falls apart, which is always, there are plenty of people who proclaim some kind of wizardry and keen knowledge in predicting our demise.  

Are you guaranteeing Cousins and Gruden success (since Secretariat is dead)? 

Wow. I've never seen people want a QB to fail as badly as the Griffin fans want Cousins to fail...and that includes the Cousins fans when they wanted Griffin to fail. You guys suck.

Dude, some of us prefer to win actual games than to be right on an Internet chat forum. 

Please, may God make Cousins into a hall famer or even a winning QB while playing for the Redskins. 

All I pray for is for us to stop being joke of a franchise.  Is that too much to ask?

Ok i gotcha now TB...thanks for the clarity. I think they did everything they could to support RG and the evidence was just too overwhelming.

Yea sorry it was my fault anyway, I wrote that post really fast and it was a terrible run on but people were here about doing a floor installation so I rushed it.

Yea you're definitely right about that 

I am listening.  He's pretty much gushing at least thus far.  He is talking about him reading coverages, improvising when needed, getting the ball out quickly, not being fazed by blitzes, good foot work-timing with receivers, good ball placement.   He's using words like "phenomenal." Saying teams will be scared to blitz him.  Czaben checks in at one point and says you sound like we have Andrew Luck.   Cooley responds that it was just one game.

Hope all this plays out -- listening to this Cooley gives the vibe that Kirk is a star. 

Dude, that is exactly the playbook on Captain Kirk. 

Wait until they game plan for him after they get tape on his tendencies.  I hope he has the wheels to run for his life.  The good thing is that he knows how to slide.

Archived