Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Want Cousins To Start 16 Games This Fall

Veryoldschool

Hey TD, we don't agree. If that gets you jazzed for the season, god bless.

The only thing I know about Gruden is that he's full of ****, and I wouldn't be surprised if this plan you've convinced yourself of is just not true.

"Rob is our starting quarterback" -Jay Gruden February 2015.

Well, things have changed since just last week (as Griffin continued to struggle) and certainly since February. The door opened for Gruden to open the QB competition due to Griffin's poor play and concussion, and now he has someone with whom he's more comfortable. 

I'm not "jazzed" for the wins/losses this year. I don't expect much. I'm hoping for a relatively clean year with stable QB play so that McCloughan can actually evaluate all the players and the coaching staff. 

Lol so now that Cousins is the starter the bar is raised, surely this is a playoff caliber roster.

Not sure I understand - are you mocking the opinion that the offense should run better/score more points under Cousins? I don't believe this is a playoff roster even with Aaron Rodgers, but I think it's possible that Cousins adds a win or two this season. 

Tired of all this RG3 cousins talk. The place to show it is on the field. Not tweeting and not some armchair QB opinion. Do it on the field. Don't have to be great. Just good enough not to screw the pooch. Do your job. If you don't do the job someone will replace you. That is the real world.

You guys know what I've been predicting about how Cousins would be treated versus how rg3 was by those boys, and it's well in play already as has been noted by many. it will continue and those doing so may be so in their own bag they have little clue how transparent they are (and I sure don't mean just to me). 

I expect to see a growing amount of the similar hypocrisy/idiocy from rg3 haters who will now fall over backwards making excuses for the very real times I do expect kirk will screw up, and where they'd roast robert like a stuck pig.

I disagree.  Last year the emphasis was still on RG3 being the starter and when he would be healthy enough to return.  KC was only holding the job down until Robert came back healthy

Rskins, he got benched for Colt McCoy. Not Robert Griffin III, Colt McCoy.

If Kirk is who people are saying he is, why hasn't he stepped up to the plate either at the end of 13, when he was inserted in 14, or in the 15 offseason? Every appearance he's made for this team is because the starter was not healthy, NOT based on his suspected first team ability or performance.

He's the next best guy now that Griffin is a non option, and that's about it. If he's good, its a bonus but all this "he's prepped to shine" and "he needs to develop" BS.....don't get it. I'll leave it at that.

Wish him the best, gonna support him but don't be shocked if they're 0-2 and Gruden pulls his now patented 180. Don't get comfortable, one fan to another. Looking out for you guys.

Then ofcourse there'll be a "Why Colt should start the remainder of the season" thread.

Some people claim RG3 was not given a chance, was not shown the support, I absolutely disagree with this.  RG was handed the keys to the kingdom since he came into the organization.  I still believe it was a mistake to annoint him the starter in February and was the beginning of the end. He thought (again) he made it and he didn't have to compete with anyone to remain the starter, problem was, Kirk didn't get that message, worked his ass off to make sure the HC, GM, FO, etc seen who was the best QB on this team.

Kirk worked his ass off, he earned the right to start at QB.  Which is a welcome change in this organization, players earn the starting job because they EARNED it, not because the owner wrote them a great big check or because of their draft #.  I see a change in the organization and honestly, I LIKE IT!

I expect to see a growing amount of the similar hypocrisy/idiocy from rg3 haters who will now fall over backwards making excuses for the very real times I do expect kirk will screw up, and where they'd roast robert like a stuck pig.

Probably so.  I am not a RG3 hater, but I have been critical.  More than I was for Jason Campbell for example.  I found Jason easy to root for right till he left, and beyond.  I'll try to not be a hypocrite, but I do plan on supporting him the way I originally did RG3, Jason C., and Pat Ramsey.  He is a classy kid that is very easy for me to root for, and he will get every benefit of the doubt until he doesn't deserve it.  That doesn't mean I won't be critical in any analysis of his play, just that I won't trash him over mistakes that I know he will make.

Now if he comes out with a personal brand logo, blames everyone around him, and makes statements about being the best QB in the league I will hammer him for every mistake and count the days till he's gone.  

Rskins, he got benched for Colt McCoy. Not Robert Griffin III, Colt McCoy.

You absolutely missed my point.  Even when Colt came in, everyone knew it was Roberts job.  I am fairly certain we can agree on this.  The point I made is KC is now the unquestioned starter.  He doesn't have to look over his shoulder or worry about WHEN someone else is healthy, do I keep my job or do I go back to the bench.  It is HIS team and he is not out there looking over his shoulder.

I don't know if I'm in that category, but I think there will be some situations Cousins encounters this season when it's fair to give him a break we may not have given Griffin. There are just certain things that can't be learned outside of a player facing them in the regular season. So, I admit in advance that I might be more lenient on Cousins than I would have been with Griffin on some things. 

Now, given his experience in college, there are also going to be things I expect of Cousins immediately that I didn't expect of Griffin. In addition, just because he's less experienced in the NFL, that won't excuse regression in my book either. 

Most any team in any year, in any overall circumstance, may put in a b/u qb if it seems the thing to do at the time (durr, but Captain Obvious could be assigned here 24-7 and still need help).

Launching an ongoing dialogue or schema that suggests if such would ever happen at all in this next season automatically indicates some major fail on a big scale is shaky at best. Now a similar repeated carousel effect taking place again in these differing circumstances would be another story, as would signs of such being some capricious or squirrely move (like Kirk struggles badly for a half in one or more of the first half dozen games and in the second half Colt's put in there). 

Some people claim RG3 was not given a chance, was not shown the support, I absolutely disagree with this.  RG was handed the keys to the kingdom since he came into the organization.  I still believe it was a mistake to annoint him the starter in February and was the beginning of the end. He thought (again) he made it and he didn't have to compete with anyone to remain the starter, problem was, Kirk didn't get that message, worked his ass off to make sure the HC, GM, FO, etc seen who was the best QB on this team.

Kirk worked his ass off, he earned the right to start at QB.  Which is a welcome change in this organization, players earn the starting job because they EARNED it, not because the owner wrote them a great big check or because of their draft #.  I see a change in the organization and honestly, I LIKE IT!

Nah, Kirk didn't earn it. Gruden just doesn't like Griffin. Let's call a spade a spade here.

Looking average in the preseason does not allow a backup to supplant a starter in most cases. Gruden has never had faith in Griffin, and has always wanted Kirk to be the guy. I think we can all pretty much agree with that statement.

If you want me to be brutally honestly. In my opinion, it is not a coincidence our all-pro left tackle was a healthy scratch against Detroit while our 5th best tackle on the roster was asked to start at left tackle. It's not a coincidence Griffin suffered a "concussion" that none of us saw. It's not a coincidence that Griffin practiced for 5 days straight before the decision to medically clear him was reversed.

Gruden doesn't like Griffin. Period. And Gruden won. Now it's up to Cousins to validate Gruden's position. Let's see if Kirk can get the job done. Things certainly can't get any worse.

The opener against Miami will only be Kirk Cousins 10th start and the first time he'll be his team's designated starter.  I think he'll take his lumps this year and a turn in a couple of stinkers but hopefully the coaches and his teammates will stick with him and a decent rushing attack and pass defense will emerge so Kirk doesn't have to throw the ball 40 times a game and try to carry the team.  If they give him solid support I think there is a good chance Gruden has found his starter.

You absolutely missed my point.  Even when Colt came in, everyone knew it was Roberts job. 

My point is that is total ********.

Yes, Roberts job but Kirk Cousins was still Kirk Cousins last year so why would he be benched for McCoy if he's the defacto unquestioned starter should Gruden not want Griffin which was by then apparently already cemented behind the scenes? Not only that, when Griffin struggled coming back from injury it was McCoy who was inserted back in.

My question is how did you arrive at "KC is now the unquestioned starter?"

Because Gruden has said it? Ok, thanks....good luck with that. McCoy still on the roster? Be prepared is all I'm saying.

Why haven't they maximize the time with this supposed diamond when they got it?

Nah, Kirk didn't earn it. Gruden just doesn't like Griffin. Let's call a spade a spade here.

Looking average in the preseason does not allow a backup to supplant a starter in most cases. Gruden has never had faith in Griffin, and has always wanted Kirk to be the guy. I think we can all pretty much agree with that statement.

If you want me to be brutally honestly. In my opinion, it is not a coincidence our all-pro left tackle was a healthy scratch against Detroit while our 5th best tackle on the roster was asked to start at left tackle. It's not a coincidence Griffin suffered a "concussion" that none of us saw. It's not a coincidence that Griffin practiced for 5 days straight before the decision to medically clear him was reversed.

Gruden doesn't like Griffin. Period. And Gruden won. Now it's up to Cousins to validate Gruden's position. Let's see if Kirk can get the job done. Things certainly can't get any worse.

Well, to say I disagree with you might be an understatement.  Especially with your theory of a "healthy scratch" a left tackle, which assumes it was intentional in hopes of getting RG hurt.  You are probably right, Gruden MUST have paid the independent Neurologist to support his plan, I mean, what Neurologist wouldn't risk his career to support a HC....duh!

Then to go and pick up the 5th year option, man, I wish an organization hated me or a HC hated me so much they would pay me $16M!    Gruden didn't win, the organization won!  The FO, GM, HC finally seem to get it, the owner is finally out of the decision process and the best players will start on Sunday. 

And your right, looking average during the preseason doesn't allow the back up to supplant the starter, however, looking average for over the last 2 years while the BACKUP outplays you during OTAs, Training Camp, Preseason games etc does.

How many snaps until Colt McCoy starts breathing down his neck? I have it at 1.5 games worth.

You Kirk boys better be prepared mentally for when Colt starts in the Meadowlands come week 3, don't buy too much into the "Gruden got his guy and we're cooking with gas now" complete ******* ********, scared it might crush you guys emotionally.

Stay medium fellas.

Week 3.

He will surprise Miami. -- so all the Kirk fanboys will be giddy.

In Week 2 (Rams) they will have game tape on him and his 'tells'. --they will blame it on everyone else.

By Week 3 (against the Midgets in primetime), he will be giving up 2 for one specials -- they will claim he is not used to playing at night and his routine is off.

Week 4, they will be clamoring for the back to the back up. -- Gruden says, I am sticking with him.  If I bench him you have to fire me.

Week 5, Gruden is fired.

:P :P

My point is that is total ********.

My question is how did you arrive at "KC is now the unquestioned starter?"

Because Gruden has said it? Ok, thanks....good luck with that. McCoy still on the roster? Be prepared is all I'm saying.

Why haven't they maximize the time with this supposed diamond when they got it?

Actually, Yes, because Gruden said KC is the QB for the 2015 season.  If you are asking me to predict if he plays the whole year or isn't benched, well, can't predict.    They didn't maximize the time for this "diamond" because the owner still wanted RG3.

You seem very upset/disgruntled about RG3 not being the starter anymore.  Hopefully, you will be proven wrong and KC will do well or better than expected.

Gruden is fired.

:P :P

This is closer to reality than the verses people are eating about Kirk being a great young QB and this being part of some coherent, noble plan.....it's just total ********. Cousins was taking third string snaps no sooner than training camp THIS year.

And for the record I hope I'm wrong about Kirk and his play can somehow stabilize the team and get it ahead of schedule but again, these are just lofty hopes, expectations are at absolute zero which is also how much nonsense I can tolerate from Gruden. Everything he says is pure ****.

Actually, Yes, because Gruden said KC is the QB for the 2015 season.  If you are asking me to predict if he plays the whole year or isn't benched, well, can't predict.    They didn't maximize the time for this "diamond" because the owner still wanted RG3.

You seem very upset/disgruntled about RG3 not being the starter anymore.  Hopefully, you will be proven wrong and KC will do well or better than expected.

Look, we don't agree dude. Dan couldn't force Rob to start with a dislocated ankle and Cousins was not the undisputed starter then or when Rob crumbled before our eyes so now suddenly he's THE GUY? C'mon, sell me another one Jay. I hope I'm wrong too, but I doubt it.

Archived