Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

You do realize we're talking about super bowl wins and not stats right?

Because then it's very relavent especially when you consider that I was saying Marino was a Greta QB, and in no way should his legacy be tarnished by no super bowls

You do realize that I was answering to that specific part of TD's post?

As the numbers these guys put up continue to be eclipsed, they will be remembered less and less for statistical accomplishments that were great in a bygone era. The only things that echo through the years are championships (be it conference titles or league titles). That's why even Jim Kelly might be better remembered in 20 years than Dan Marino. He played in 4 consecutive Super Bowls. I haven't bothered to look up the numbers, but I can't imagine he has nearly as impressive statistics as Marino.

I didn't thought it was really needed to quote it as I was posting just under him...

• Like 1

My misunderstanding then...didn't know you were referring to his and not mine seeing as though you were basically referencing my argument of Marino and saying it's not clever...clever had nothing to do with it. It is an apples to apples comparison. Perception of a QB and SB wins

• Like 1

Don' t think the Super Bowl was rigged to let Peyton win?  Consider this...

Papa John's is one of the NFL's most prominent sponsors and has a high profile, ongoing relationship with Peyton Manning.  Despite this unique marketing opportunity, they did not run a SINGLE new ad during the Super Bowl.  Why not?  How could Papa John's pass up such a golden opportunity to push their product into the public mind?  What could possibly be a more effective way to get the American public to focus on their product?  

How about the NFL guaranteeing them a spot at the crowning moment of the entire night?  The VERY FIRST PERSON to shake Peyton's hand and congratulate him on his victory?  Papa John.  Watch the video and tell me Peyton wasn't specifically seeking him out.  Almost as if the whole thing was planned beforehand.

I fully expect to see that handshake played over and over in commercial form throughout the offseason.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/peyton-manning-got-a-kiss-from-papa-john-seconds-after-winning-the-super-bowl

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

I thought the calls went heavily in favor of Denver, for whatever reason you can think of.

Ignoring the fact that Carolina had as many penalty yards as Manning passed for, what about the un-called offside on the missed FG and the un-called roughing the kicker penalty on the 63 yard punt return? I still can't believe Carolina lost, but the refs had clearly been told to make sure Manning won. Just those two calls made a six point difference, ignoring the other BS. 

• 3 weeks later...

Don' t think the Super Bowl was rigged to let Peyton win? Consider this...

Papa John's is one of the NFL's most prominent sponsors and has a high profile, ongoing relationship with Peyton Manning. Despite this unique marketing opportunity, they did not run a SINGLE new ad during the Super Bowl. Why not? How could Papa John's pass up such a golden opportunity to push their product into the public mind? What could possibly be a more effective way to get the American public to focus on their product?

How about the NFL guaranteeing them a spot at the crowning moment of the entire night? The VERY FIRST PERSON to shake Peyton's hand and congratulate him on his victory? Papa John. Watch the video and tell me Peyton wasn't specifically seeking him out. Almost as if the whole thing was planned beforehand.

<STAFF EDIT, RULE 11, DONT QUOTE PICS/VIDS/LARGE BLOCKS OF TEXT. MEMBER WARNED>

I fully expect to see that handshake played over and over in commercial form throughout the offseason.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/peyton-manning-got-a-kiss-from-papa-john-seconds-after-winning-the-super-bowl

It was all but a forgone conclusion. I bet many games this NFL season(certain ones that were obvious fixes one way or another) and hit on 82% of them.....also I knew the entire time DEN was goin to win the superbowl....durin the playoff run I hit 10 out of the 11 playoff games...only missin on the Redskins....in doing so I went against one of my key strategies......but had I stuck with it would have been perfect on pickin n bettin the playoff games. That said, you bring up some perfect points in reference to this.

A rare article from Loverro that doesn't make me want to throw up in my own mouth.

Shows how shady the NFL acted in their timing of enforcing our cap penalty.  The league waited until the exact day our RG3 trade with the Rams went through to inform us that we had 36 million less in the bank.

48 hours before free agency starts, and right after we've traded away all our draft picks to move up for RG3.  Sure, that seems fair.

"If we are to believe Shanahan, then the coach, vice president and supposedly final decision-maker in all things personnel with the Redskins, if they had learned about the salary cap decision just a few days earlier — before the trade with the Rams was made — they would not have surrendered the team’s future with three first round picks and a second rounder.

“I don’t think you could have made the deal,” Shanahan told me and co-host Kevin Sheehan in a February 2015 interview on “The Sports Fix” on ESPN 980.

“Any time you’re going to lose two [first-round choices] and a [second-round pick] and you’re going to get penalized like you did [where] obviously, you can’t bring players in, it would be very hard to make that decision,” Shanahan said.

So, if the Redskins‘ salary cap penalty had come down a few days earlier, yes, it would have left the franchise crippled with the cap for two years. But they would have not only their first-round pick in 2012 — the sixth selection in that draft — and their first-round picks in 2013 and 2014, in addition to their second-round choice in 2012.

That would appear to have been the better end of the deal.

If the salary cap penalty is imposed days earlier, and Washington backs off the Griffin trade, keeping their draft picks, perhaps Shanahan picks another quarterback in the draft that he liked as well — Russell Wilson.

Instead, the Redskins were hit with a double whammy — loss of cap space and loss of draft picks — with only Robert Griffin III to show for it. And, he just left the building."

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/7/robert-griffin-iii-cut-redskins-salary-cap/

It really is a testament to HOW GOOD Griffin was for us in 2012 to be able to win the division despite all the bull**** thrown our way that offseason.  We got lucky with Morris as well, but no way was it sustainable.  Shanahan's biggest mistake was relying on him to be able to repeat the performance in 2013, on one leg,  without giving him any significant upgrades.

No franchise could overcome that level of competitive disadvantage for long.  The fact that RG3 was able to tread water for as long as he did makes me wish nothing but the best for him going forward.  if he doesn't succeed in the NFL, it certainly won't be for a lack of effort.

Edited by Reaper Skins

• 1 month later...

Schedules for the 2016 season released today...

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN 16s16 seconds ago
The Cowboys play an early Sunday home game prior to hosting the #Redskins on Thanksgiving. Washington plays Sunday night.

Late night Sunday finish plus Wednesday travel day vs. Sunday afternoon finish and home field advantage.

Odds tipped in Dallas' favor?

In addition, we also get one less day of rest prior to playing Dallas in week 2 after hosting the Steelers on MNF.  And we play the Giants in week 17 after they get extra rest.

So 3 of our divisional games are played against opponents with extra rest.

Edited by Reaper Skins

A good breakdown of schedule hi-jinks Redskins face both this year and in the recent past...

...The Redskins will not be finished with that scheduled game until near midnight and have to be on a plane for a three-hour trip Wednesday afternoon. A complete disgrace by the NFL. 

Then, the Redskins will host the Carolina Panthers on Monday Night Football at FedExField on December 19 th before playing AGAIN just 4.5 or so days later on Christmas Eve day in Chicago at frigid Soldier Field...

...The NFL will say they have no choice, but of course they do. They have a choice. 

...The only other team to play three consecutive road games on their schedule this year is the Green Bay Packers, per Gil Brandt of NFL.com and SIRIUSXM. When the Packers come to Washington, they will be in that stretch... 

...The NFL says it tries to avoid two things and “hates to hand teams,”, according to Peter King and the MMQB back in 2014.  

From the linked story – the NFL does “hates to hand teams” a three-game road trip, and a road game after a Monday night road game. 

So what did the NFL do in 2011 and 2014? They handed the Redskins schedules in each of those years that featured a Sunday road game after a Monday night road game. In 2011, it was at Dallas on MNF followed by a road trip to St. Louis just a few short days later in weeks three and four...

https://www.dchotread.com/2016/04/14/a-scheduled-mess

Edited by Reaper Skins

Color Rush uniforms revealed for this season.

http://was.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Redskins-Color-Rush-uniform-combo-revealed-44877599

Despite Black not being one of the Washington Redskins team colors, the NFL has decided that they will wear all black on their Thursday Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys, who will wear all white.

While I personally don't mind the look (i actually think the uniforms will be pretty badass), this does strike me as another attempt by the NFL to paint the Redskins as "the bad guys" or "the enemy" in the public eye by having them wear black against the "white knights" of America's team.

Plus I know the majority of Redskins fans absolutely HATE the idea of black uniforms simply because there is no history whatsoever for that color in this franchise.

Now obviously the NFL could have chosen black completely randomly, or simply because its the opposite to the Cowboys white jerseys.

However, if they wanted to go for the polar opposite look, why not just stick with Red and Blue?

Simple. Because everyone and their mother knows the Cowboys are jinxed in their blue uniforms, and obviously that couldn't be allowed for a nationally televised game. So instead, the Cowboys are given preferential treatment on what color they want to wear, while the Redskins are forced to wear a color that isn't even in our repertoire.

Personally, I love the role of the underdog and the "us vs. the rest of the league" mentality. Here's hoping they take it and run with it smiley-angelic008.gif

Edit: never mind apparently the article was a fake lol.  Redskins don't get a color rush uniform at all this season

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/blog/article-1/No-Color-Rush-Uniforms-For-Redskins-in-2016/b49dadd0-8064-42fe-92dc-8a463b8811b5

Edited by Reaper Skins

They could. They should. Common sense dictates that would be the reasonable color scheme. But the Cowboys hate wearing blue and heaven forbid they be inconvenienced.

It IS being played in Dallas though...so, home team gets to choose first I guess. No big deal. If we're a good team, this whole "conspiracy" BS won't matter.

• Like 1

They could.  They should.  Common sense dictates that would be the reasonable color scheme.  But the Cowboys hate wearing blue and heaven forbid they be inconvenienced.

Yeah, that's a strange decision, but well, we already knew that Bruce isn't even in charge of chosing pants color, so, somehow, there's some logic.

Now, if I read the NFL rules, you may only have a definite numbers of uniform for the season of 3 IIRC. The we're gonna have Burgundy, White and the all black thingy? Really don't like it. Especially since there's only 1 type of helmet allowed for the season, so we're gonna be black on black with burgundy helmet? Completly crappy.

And regarding the "evil guys" thing, I thought about making a thread regarding this (not sure it's relevant), because yeah, we're obviously the bad guys in the NFL, with the Raiders. So kudos to us for supporting the bad guys, and I would also suggest all of our fans that will attend the game to go dressed like Darth Vader. We're being the bad guys, so be it totally.

It IS being played in Dallas though...so, home team gets to choose first I guess. No big deal. If we're a good team, this whole "conspiracy" BS won't matter.

That's a conspiracy thread dedicated to the double lecture you can have on everything and having fun with it. Because it's obvious, the NFL hates us. Even if they absolutely know they wouldn't be the NFL without us. They need us more than they will admit.

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 1

Forgive me if someone already posted this but if you're into conspiracy theories as much as I am you won't want to miss this:

http://www.thefixisin.net/

...this could keep one busy for the entire offseason.  Now excuse me I need to put my shiney metalic hat back on :P

I hate clicking a link , expecting an article and finding a video

• Like 1

I hate clicking a link , expecting an article and finding a video

For those who are somewhat mentally challenged :P

http://www.thefixisin.net/nfl2015.html  <~~~article on NFL season

http://www.thefixisin.net/theproof.html<~~~~ 5 'facts'

http://www.thefixisin.net/newsfeed.html <~~~ updated recently

http://www.thefixisin.net/nfl.html<~~~lots of football stuffs

Edited by Thirtyfive2seven

For those who are somewhat mentally challenged :P

http://www.thefixisin.net/nfl2015.html  <~~~article on NFL season

http://www.thefixisin.net/theproof.html<~~~~ 5 'facts'

http://www.thefixisin.net/newsfeed.html <~~~ updated recently

http://www.thefixisin.net/nfl.html<~~~lots of football stuffs

excuse me?  I hate videos over articles because I have to listen to people talk for longer than it takes me to read the article