Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I was listening to Abbott press conference Thursday, he.basically said "GTFO yall."

At the same time I know the stats related to people living month-to-month and cant imagine how disruptive this is.... evacuating costs money (especially since they claimed shelter capacity as 50k people),.losing a weeks pay cost money... I hope the death toll is only in the hundreds... 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I was listening to Abbott press conference Thursday, he.basically said "GTFO yall."

At the same time I know the stats related to people living month-to-month and cant imagine how disruptive this is.... evacuating costs money (especially since they claimed shelter capacity as 50k people),.losing a weeks pay cost money... I hope the death toll is only in the hundreds... 

there is also the problem of where to go(and the dangers inherent in mass evacuations), sent the wife and kids off before and they got hit worse 200 miles north.

But certain locations need to leave or be ready for disaster....the suck continues to spread.

Maui sounds nice right now ,airports closed though :)

I'm doing relatively fine and folk are working together

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, twa said:

there is also the problem of where to go(and the dangers inherent in mass evacuations), sent the wife and kids off before and they got hit worse 200 miles north.

But certain locations need to leave or be ready for disaster....the suck continues to spread.

Maui sounds nice right now ,airports closed though :)

I'm doing relatively fine and folk are working together

Damn bro I didnt know you and your folks where there. Glad you got them out and you are good. 

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

At the same time I know the stats related to people living month-to-month and cant imagine how disruptive this is.... . 

Brought me to a question I never had before. Do people still have to pay rent/ mortgages in situations like these? 

Just now, Llevron said:

Da

mn bro I didnt know you and your folks where there. Glad you got them out and you are good. 

Brought me to a question I never had before. Do people still have to pay rent/ mortgages in situations like these? 

Yes in general the bills are still due unless insured

stepsister's house  in Rockport is totally destroyed, but she is still working away as a ems

her sister here has the lower floors heavily flooded, but ain't leaving 

aunt's flooded out and the kids got her out yesterday

the rest of of us are doing alright so far

Don't be wishing snow on us next :kiss-smileys:

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Can this damn storm just end?

apparently not for awhile, I'm hoping it doesn't regenerate much as it backs into the gulf.

Just now, Springfield said:

How are things for you twa?  Where exactly are you located?

NE Pasadena

house is still dry and have power,food,drink and awaiting round 2 or 4 or whatever

• Thanks 1

Few things are more stressful than dealing with even minor flooding.  And few things are more frustrating than bailing out a property or navigating flooded streets and looking up at the sky and seeing the rain just keep pouring.  What's happening in Texas is just unfathomable.

I hope the storm ends soon and Texas gets the help it needs to recover.  I hope nobody else has died or will die as a result of it.  And I fear the day this kind of storm hits tidewater VA.  The entire region would be drowned.  It's got me spooked.  I will never try and brave out an evacuation.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Few things are more stressful than dealing with even minor flooding.  And few things are more frustrating than bailing out a property or navigating flooded streets and looking up at the sky and seeing the rain just keep pouring.  What's happening in Texas is just unfathomable.

I hope the storm ends soon and Texas gets the help it needs to recover.  I hope nobody else has died or will die as a result of it.  And I fear the day this kind of storm hits tidewater VA.  The entire region would be drowned.  It's got me spooked.  I will never try and brave out an evacuation.

FWIW, this is a good time for everyone to think about preparedness for you and your family. You don't have to go full-on doomsday prepper to give yourself a good chance of surviving something like this. As you said though, in general, it's best to unass the A.O. if you can.

Edited by The Sisko

On 8/27/2017 at 4:03 PM, sportjunkie07 said:

Yeah we won't be sleeping any time soon. Just weighing our options at the moment and trying to prep for evacuation. 

Ya'll doing alright?

calling it a 1,000 yr flood, we feel special

chemical spill in Laporte,sirens and shelter in place alert