Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Exactly, Sinster.

But what I was questioning was the motivation of posting that in the "Some more cops to be fired" thread where the overwhelming amount of cases in this thread are of officers who committed terrible, reprehensible acts.

Anyway, I find it a little more than interesting the order of the three incidents as well as the fact they didn't give him all the options a real officer would have. Like a taser. Almost as if they didn't want to give him non-lethal options for a reason.

Yeah, thats basically what I come away with. That its just a dog and pony show. Not all that reflective of all the resources/tactics normal officers with years of training (and not some activist with no training, who's only available option is to shoot someone) have available to them, and not that reflective of many of the cases that have people in an uproar.

So, pretty much useless stuff that does nothing but but promote mindless bickering and confirmation bias.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Why?

I thought the reasons would be obvious. You have a protest organizer who had balls enough to walk a mile in the shoes of a cop. What he found was that the job is not easy and you have to make split second decisions in rapidly evolving situations. He walked away admittedly "shaken" and with a new perspective. I found it interesting that his first choice was to shoot a man who stepped into his personal space.

If that was real how do you think that shooting would have been received by the public? Or in the first scenario where he eats about 10 bullets because he did not think about his own safety with a man who is clearly acting suspicious and highly agitated for no apparent reason...allowing him to wonder behind a vehicle and grab his gun.

None of this gives you a moments pause?

This video has been posted and discussed before.

No doubt cops have very dangerous and difficult jobs, and sometimes they have to make life or death decisions in a split second, but as others have pointed out, the video is irrelevant to many of the cases being discussed in this thread.

Edited by s0crates

I thought the reasons would be obvious. You have a protest organizer who had balls enough to walk a mile in the shoes of a cop. What he found was that the job is not easy and you have to make split second decisions in rapidly evolving situations. He walked away admittedly "shaken" and with a new perspective. I found it interesting that his first choice was to shoot a man who stepped into his personal space.

If that was real how do you think that shooting would have been received by the public? Or in the first scenario where he eats about 10 bullets because he did not think about his own safety with a man who is clearly acting suspicious and highly agitated for no apparent reason...allowing him to wonder behind a vehicle and grab his gun.

None of this gives you a moments pause?

Speaking for myself bud, not a whole lot, reason being, he doesnt have the training of a cop. Therefore he doesnt have the eyes, the reaction time, etc

All this shows me is what happens when you put an average joe in a live training situation, with nothing but a gun.

So unless the moral of the story is that we should look at every cop in this situation like a shook civilian armed with nothing but a gun, then I don't think this gets us anywhere.

• Like 1

i'm willing to unilaterally state that 2 seconds of video that removes what happened before and after is ALWAYS a problem.   

If you look at this video, the cop smacks the kid once, slight pause, smacks him again, then kicks him, all while cursing at him. The only thing the kid did during the video was to make defensive movements with his hands to protect his face. So for the record, please explain what possibly could have happened before or after this incident to justify it?

If you look at this video, the cop smacks the kid once, slight pause, smacks him again, then kicks him, all while cursing at him. The only thing the kid did during the video was to make defensive movements with his hands to protect his face. So for the record, please explain what possibly could have happened before or after this incident to justify it?

there is absolutely no reason to cut a video down to a 3 second clip EXCEPT to take it out of context, and to push an agenda.  this is true of ANY 3 second video clip in ANY scenario.   period.   

there is absolutely no reason to cut a video down to a 3 second clip EXCEPT to take it out of context, and to push an agenda.  this is true of ANY 3 second video clip in ANY scenario.   period.   

Maybe so. However it's also possible that taking the phone out and starting to shoot video caused him to miss the beginning of the incident. That said, in order to push an agenda, there has to be something worth editing out. I'm asking you to answer the question, what could the kid have done to make slapping him around a better option than simply subduing him and slapping on the cuffs? So what was it? Did the kid threaten to kill him, spit on him, say his Dunkin Donuts free pass had been revoked, what? Because I'm coming up with nothing that could justify it. So please, enlighten us.

there is nothing that can justify that.  and when it is a 300+ lb bull-looking of a man, and a pretty slight looking boy, it looks even worse.

but... if the kid had swung at the cop beforehand?  that would change the tenor of the whole thing a bit.   no?

I think the best it could do would be to give a reason why the officer engaged in what's IMO an assault...against a minor. However I'd still argue that the response should be to immediately slap the cuffs on, take the kid into custody and charge him with assaulting an officer rather than essentially getting into a street fight...as much as it can be called that when the opponent is doing little except cowering and trying to deflect blows.

Can we just put cameras up on every corner of the US so we can end the bickering of "well what happened 5 mins before".

It's a win win...we stop the what happened before argument, and we hire more people to review the tapes.

Then to completely get rid of all bias, make it so the cameras only show stick figures to the people reviewing it. But if there is an issue, the real video gets unlocked.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/04/state-trooper-gets-just-6-months-for-raping-car-accident-victim.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

State Trooper Gets Just 6 Months For Raping Car Accident Victim

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-alabama-state-trooper-accused-of-rape-gets-jail-time/

Former Alabama state trooper accused of rape gets jail time
Edited by visionary

So that rapist got a slap on the wrist because hitting him with harder charges and going to trial would mean the State's Attorney's office would have to drop all the other cases he was the sole witness for. So they made a deal to save their own asses. I can read between the lines, and it's disgusting. 

Can we just put cameras up on every corner of the US so we can end the bickering of "well what happened 5 mins before".

It's a win win...we stop the what happened before argument, and we hire more people to review the tapes.

Then to completely get rid of all bias, make it so the cameras only show stick figures to the people reviewing it. But if there is an issue, the real video gets unlocked.

Secure, Tamper-proof body cameras on officers are all that's needed. No idea why that isn't universally accepted by police. If you get a bad rap, hey, let America see that.

Secure, Tamper-proof body cameras on officers are all that's needed. No idea why that isn't universally accepted by police. If you get a bad rap, hey, let America see that.

But we've already seen cases where officers are getting around the body cameras by obscuring the lenses, pointing the cameras away from police brutality, or using their vans to give "rough rides". A PoS person is still going to be a PoS person regardless of how many ways you to try keep them accountable. Some of these men and women serving their communities aren't fit, and if we go back to the root of it all, it's all about HOW they're being hired and WHY they're being hired. 

• Like 1

Baltimore cop gets 45000 back pay after leaving job following slitting dog throat

ormer Baltimore police officer acquitted of animal cruelty charges after he slit a dog's throat will receive $45,000 in back pay from city government.

Jeffrey G. Bolger, 50, is to get payment for about 10 months of paychecks he missed while on unpaid leave from the Police Department. The Board of Estimates is expected to approve the deal Wednesday.

In November, Baltimore Circuit Judge Melissa M. Phinn ruled that prosecutors failed to prove that Bolger was criminally responsible for the death of a 7-year-old Shar-Pei named Nala when he slit the dog's throat in June 2014. Bolger was charged with mutilating an animal, animal cruelty and misconduct in office.

Police commanders had called the killing "outrageous and unacceptable" and accused him of threatening to "[expletive] gut this thing."

But the judge said the evidence indicated the officer was acting in the interest of safety and that he believed he was putting the dog out of its misery.

Yeah, something is missing from the story. Either no witnesses testified as to what happened or the witness accounts recounted in the story are false. No way a cop slits a dogs throat when the dog is secured by animal control poles without a jury finding them guilty. We see juries are way more compassionate to animals than humans for the most part.

prosecutors run amok.... and amazingly punished for it.   progress

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/prosecutor-innocent-man-death-row-disbarred-article-1.2526620

Former Texas prosecutor Charles Sebesta disbarred for putting innocent Anthony Graves on death row for 12 years  
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 9:13 AM

prosecutors run amok.... and amazingly punished for it.   progress

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/prosecutor-innocent-man-death-row-disbarred-article-1.2526620

Impression I get is that that's even more rare than cops being punished.

Although, granted, his victim got 18 years in prison, including 12 on death row. And the prosecutor lost his license.

Another thing jumps out at me, from that article. The conviction was overturned in 2006, but he didn't get his second trial till 2010?