Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Yea dude can be guilty of reckless driving and the cops can still be assholes. It looks like he had given himself up by the time the other cop showed up. That should have been the end of it. Because cops are assholes though, it wasnt. 

54 minutes ago, visionary said:

I guess the cop should have explained it when he pulled him over.  By the way, both takes on the event can be true.

I think people need to be better educated on how to interact with police.  I'd bet the guy in that video didn't know, for certain, that failing to produce your drivers license when pulled over is essentially automatic cause for an arrest.  He probably thought, reasonably, that police had to at least explain to you why they are arresting you prior to arresting you.  They do not, but a lot of people seem to think this and imagine that they can argue their way out of an arrest.  

There's a gap between what police can/will do and what they expect from the public and what the people imagine those things do be.  Unless you go into law enforcement or law as a career, nothing really exists to bridge this gap.  Everyone just sort of pieces things together as they go through life. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Doesn’t matter. The “arrested for speeding” narrative is already out there and everyone’s moved on. 

“This happens” 😂

Yup and that justifies the office drawing the gun on him and not informing him why he was arrested until after detaining him

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Nothing will change until cops who harass the public are locked up and made an example out off. 

Nothing will change until law enforcement moves from protecting property to protecting people.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Yea dude can be guilty of reckless driving and the cops can still be assholes. It looks like he had given himself up by the time the other cop showed up. That should have been the end of it. Because cops are assholes though, it wasnt. 

With the information about the speeding and not providing documentation, I believe the initial officer handled it pretty well except for what i percieve to be some nervousness or just poor communication in a heated moment waiting for backup.

Back up comes - he needs to assess the scene.  That was brutal.

1 minute ago, superozman said:

With the information about the speeding and not providing documentation, I believe the initial officer handled it pretty well except for what i percieve to be some nervousness or just poor communication in a heated moment waiting for backup.

If thats indeed the case I understand cop #1 AND speed racer with an attitude. Cop#1 should have been nervous when the dude pulled away from him. Hes a cop. He gave him (from what we know) a lawful order and he was trying to detain him. Dude pulled away and got belligerent. I get it. Speed racer doesnt trust the police and one cannot blame him. He fits the profile of "Virginia man shoot dead by the police" 

1 minute ago, superozman said:

Back up comes - he needs to assess the scene.  That was brutal.

Cop#2 is where I see the problem 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I'd bet the guy in that video didn't know, for certain, that failing to produce your drivers license when pulled over is essentially automatic cause for an arrest.

So is driving over 100 mph depending on state. I believe in VA it’s automatic arrest. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

I think people need to be better educated on how to interact with police

Yeah... it’s incredible what people try to get away with. Some of them obviously know better, but others are clueless 

and it goes both ways. How to interact without being physically manhandled or shot, and how to not help them get you in trouble.

They’re allowed to lie to you. When they say if you just tell them <whatever> then things will go easier for you they’re jot required to do that. You’re just making their job easier. Keep your mouth shut. Let a lawyer argue whether they’re are violating your rights or have PC or not, or whatever. Follow instructions. It’s not difficult. 

Also roadside stops are the number one killer of police. Simply pulling over where there’s enough room for the officer to walk alongside your car and stay out of traffic, making sure everyone’s hands are visible (I put mine on top of the steering wheel to start, they’ll usually tell me I don’t gave to do that after a few Q and A’s), and not being a complete dip**** - turn your radio down, roll down the window before they get there, etc. all that goes a long way

they usually decide how they’re going to handle things within the first 20 seconds of interacting with you. You either have flags or don’t. Be smart about it. 

• Like 2

I know this isn’t due to cops, but how in the hell does a 10 get charge with assault for playing dodgeball on the playground at elementary school?

I think we need a only in Michigan thread.

The soon-to-be fifth grader is charged with Aggravated Assault, following a schoolyard game gone wrong. 

"These kids are basically playing a game we all have played," Lindley told 7 Action News.

According to a police report, another student was struck in the face with a ball. That student's mother asked that we not use her or her son's name, but told 7 Action News he has a medical condition that makes head injuries especially dangerous.

The police report filed after the incident stated Lindley intentionally threw the ball at the boy's face.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayne-county/canton-10-year-old-charged-with-assault-following-schoolyard-injury

50 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

I know this isn’t due to cops, but how in the hell does a 10 get charge with assault for playing dodgeball on the playground at elementary school?

I think we need a only in Michigan thread.

The soon-to-be fifth grader is charged with Aggravated Assault, following a schoolyard game gone wrong. 

"These kids are basically playing a game we all have played," Lindley told 7 Action News.

According to a police report, another student was struck in the face with a ball. That student's mother asked that we not use her or her son's name, but told 7 Action News he has a medical condition that makes head injuries especially dangerous.

The police report filed after the incident stated Lindley intentionally threw the ball at the boy's face.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayne-county/canton-10-year-old-charged-with-assault-following-schoolyard-injury

It's impossible to work out just what the hell happened here.  I have questions:

1- What game were they playing?  The article doesn't say dodge ball.  Was the object of the game to hit each other with the ball or not?

2- What kind of ball were they using?  The kinds of balls they use in dodge ball these days are foam.  I have doubts a 4th grader can throw one hard enough to cause a black eye and a concussion.

3- The kid had been hit twice in the past, was it by the same child (or group of children) that hit him this time?  This matters because if its the same kid each time this could be a bullying situation where previous punishments have not stopped the behavior and, now that a child has gotten seriously hurt, the school called the cops to cover their own asses. 

No matter what the answers are to the above questions, I'm still entirely opposed to charging 10 year olds criminally for playground kid stuff.  Schools and parents need to deal with this stuff, not courts. 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

No matter what the answers are to the above questions, I'm still entirely opposed to charging 10 year olds criminally for playground kid stuff.  Schools and parents need to deal with this stuff, not courts. 

Parents have money for court costs and fines,along with money for probation monitoring and court ordered counseling, by a private, for profit, counseling center 

I didnt know you could die like that. I suspect the officers should have known better because of training, but damn. I think its clear they didnt mean to kill him. But if him being pinned like that was what him then the department should be held accountable. Nothing is going to change if they get away with it. 

51 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I didnt know you could die like that. I suspect the officers should have known better because of training, but damn. I think its clear they didnt mean to kill him. But if him being pinned like that was what him then the department should be held accountable. Nothing is going to change if they get away with it. 

In the article it says the reason of death was due to cardiac arrest due to cocaine and the stress of being restrained.  He didn't die of suffocating which I feel the video and tweet are trying to mislead you into thinking that was the reason.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

In the article it says the reason of death was due to cardiac arrest due to cocaine and the stress of being restrained.  He didn't die of suffocating which I feel the video and tweet are trying to mislead you into thinking that was the reason.

I think the video and the tweet are just trying to put a spotlight on the situation more than anything. I have seen enough purposefully incendiary tweets directed at incidents like this to think I can tell the difference. Though, the emphasis on them laughing and joking does make me question the intentions a bit....I feel like they could have done way more if they were trying to create some kind of controversy out of this. I actually feel bad for the officers in this case. 

Also, I dont trust that anyone involved is telling the truth about what happened. I totally expect that the officers and whatever medical professional they got to say he died of something else would lie if they had to. But I think the video shows that the cops had no bad intentions in this case and just restrained a really high dude....maybe in a way they shouldn't have, but didn't try to injure him at all. If anything he had a bad high and they were trying to help him not hurt himself. Yea they made fun of him a bit but thats not a crime We have all (not me) been there. 

I dunno. This is a messed up situation cause I already dont trust the police. If the video wasnt so clear I would probably think they killed this man. Especially if he was black and **** got more violent than this did. Knowing this makes me feel some type of way. 

Someone else who doesn't know how to respond when being given a ticket:

Woman, 65, thrown to Ground and Tasered after Driving off to Avoid $80 ticket

The Oklahoma woman believed by driving off without signing the ticket, she would not be arrested. She learned otherwise.

Upset over an $80 ticket for a broken tail light, a 65-year-old Oklahoma woman refused to sign the citation, locking herself inside her truck before driving off, sparking a pursuit with the police officer who had pulled her over.

Debra Hamil is now facing a felony charge of assault on a police officer as well as a charge for misdemeanor resisting arrest over the incident which took place last Tuesday in Cashion, Oklahoma, according to KOKO News 5.

The incident was captured on body cam which can be viewed above [at the link].

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, China said:

Someone else who doesn't know how to respond when being given a ticket:

Woman, 65, thrown to Ground and Tasered after Driving off to Avoid $80 ticket

The Oklahoma woman believed by driving off without signing the ticket, she would not be arrested. She learned otherwise.

Upset over an $80 ticket for a broken tail light, a 65-year-old Oklahoma woman refused to sign the citation, locking herself inside her truck before driving off, sparking a pursuit with the police officer who had pulled her over.

Debra Hamil is now facing a felony charge of assault on a police officer as well as a charge for misdemeanor resisting arrest over the incident which took place last Tuesday in Cashion, Oklahoma, according to KOKO News 5.

The incident was captured on body cam which can be viewed above [at the link].

Click on the link for the full article and video

Not really fair to put this in here IMO.  That cop did exactly what he should have done in all of the situations on video.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Not really fair to put this in here IMO.  That cop did exactly what he should have done in all of the situations on video.

More in response to the earlier conversation in this thread.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, China said:

More in response to the earlier conversation in this thread.

and it's a good response.  Once again we see a person that reacts poorly (understatement), perhaps imagining that things wouldn't get violent because she was an old woman.  Narrator voice:  but they did get violent. 

Anyone that knows how police operate in the US knew this would become violent.  There is no way to arrest someone that resists without violence, because the act of subduing someone and forcing them into handcuffs is itself an act of violence.  Police do not wait until you've argued yourself out of words and finally agree to the handcuffs.