Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

It doesn’t really surprise me that the Junkies are unprepared.

Bickel was going on about how the interviews are a sham and they wanted Johnson all along. He actually said he doesn’t want Johnson now, just so he knows they had a legitimate process.

its time for them to retire

It's funny how you have show after show where the hosts demand "better" from the teams in this region with zero sense of irony that they need to be much better themselves. Since the regular season ended I've barely listened to any shows. A few times in the afternoon I'll turn on Bram but really like Mike Callow when he gets a chance to talk. Espcially on the Caps, which he's good at. 

This site, Keim's podcast, and Galdi will carry me through the Spring.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/18/2024 at 12:07 PM, Thinking Skins said:

That's what sports talk radio goes for. The age of Ken Beatrice (is that before your time) is over. 

I get why people liked Beatrice, but I found him unlistenable.

A solo host with a ridiculous accent talking endlessly about guard play. 

He was also from that old sports talk show thing of "I must be an expert because if I wasn't, I would not have this show."

PS

We are in the end game of sports talk radio, I think. And it's the gambling talk that is going to kill it.

I had two bookies in my family growing up. I did my first four team parlay when I was in third grade. I understand gambling.

But there is NOTHING in the world less interesting than gambling talk. I don't care about your wins, and I especially don't care about your losses unless it involves violence upon you.

I think Sheehan is a talented host, but his gambling talk is so goddamn boring.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I think Sheehan is a talented host,

The solo host thing is brutal. Nobody is really doing it anymore because they lean on their producers to get on air too often. All these shows need 2 voices daily to have a discussion. Talking into the airwaves just leads to.....gambling talk......or.......I said X a few weeks ago and was right.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

The solo host thing is brutal. Nobody is really doing it anymore because they lean on their producers to get on air too often. All these shows need 2 voices daily to have a discussion. Talking into the airwaves just leads to.....gambling talk......or.......I said X a few weeks ago and was right.

The starkest example of this are the remaining AM political talkers. Every now and then, I'l catch a few minutes of Hannity and Levin and wonder why - politics aside - anyone would listen to this one guy basically yelling at me. Levin does the thing where he talks to his "producer" who I am farily certain does not exist. 

(I assume at this point that all the big remaining radio shows are done solo in the hosts' home/drug den).

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The starkest example of this are the remaining AM political talkers. Every now and then, I'l catch a few minutes of Hannity and Levin and wonder why - politics aside - anyone would listen to this one guy basically yelling at me. Levin does the thing where he talks to his "producer" who I am farily certain does not exist. 

(I assume at this point that all the big remaining radio shows are done solo in the hosts' home/drug den).

I don't get it either. 

They do shows now where the hosts are in different locations. That's fine by me. 

Eating lunch watching Pat McAfee on ESPN

Pat spends nearly 47 minutes talking about helmet gate involving Justin Tuker and Travis Kelce

Stunts like this is why sports talk radio even Pat who I idolize is not it anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Don’t you mean unprofessional? I think we might have the dumbest media alive 

Since google and meriam webster disagrees with you, I think you should just take the L on this one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=non+professional+definition

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nonprofessional

Edited by purbeast

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

Since google and meriam webster disagrees with you, I think you should just take the L on this one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=non+professional+definition

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nonprofessional

Read the definition. Nonprofessional refers to someone not belonging to a certain craft. Unprofessional means a lack of professional decorum. If the guy who asked that question has press credentials, he clearly is part of the press core, he clearly is a professional reporter. The question he asked was tactless, so therefore unprofessional.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Read the definition. Nonprofessional refers to someone not belonging to a certain craft. Unprofessional means a lack of professional decorum. If the guy who asked that question has press credentials, he clearly is part of the press core, he clearly is a professional reporter. The question he asked was tactless, so therefore unprofessional.

Well maybe he wasn't trained in the particular profession? That's the "or" part of the definition.  Regardless, I would think we could all agree that Russell is not very bright, insightful, or worth listening to on the radio.   I'm pretty sure that applies to pretty much the entire roster of 106.7 "talent"!  Maybe their company going bankrupt could lead to some turnover. 

Been traveling up and down the 95 corridor frequently over the last couple of months. I actually enjoy hearing the Philly and NY shows.  Maybe Philly is enjoyable because I got to listen to them talk about the collapse of both the Phillies and Eagles! 

More idiocy and grandstanding from famed bloviating jackass John Feinstein that @Voice_of_Reason will love. I made the mistake of tuning into Fridays with Fartstein on 106.7, and he said in all seriousness that Kyle and Mike Shanahan saying they had to cut the playbook in half and questioning McNabb's fitness was "racial coding." Not because McNabb was checked out--one of the reasons Andy Reid traded him--but racism.

I hate our media.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

More idiocy and grandstanding from famed bloviating jackass John Feinstein that @Voice_of_Reason will love. I made the mistake of tuning into Fridays with Fartstein on 106.7, and he said in all seriousness that Kyle and Mike Shanahan saying they had to cut the playbook in half and questioning McNabb's fitness was "racial coding." Not because McNabb was checked out--one of the reasons Andy Reid traded him--but racism.

I hate our media.

It was a horrible take. I don’t know about Kyle, but Mike Shanny is more of a sociopath than a racist.

Remember when he put Terrell Davis in the superbowl to do play action while blind from a migraine? Sociopath mindset there. 

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I hate our media.

A caller just called in and basically asked the Junks why they didn't push back on that, and they said they disagreed with John's take but they were not in confrontation mood this morning so they didn't say anything back.  Both Lurch and EB disagreed with his take but just kept their mouth shut.

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

A caller just called in and basically asked the Junks why they didn't push back on that, and they said they disagreed with John's take but they were not in confrontation mood this morning so they didn't say anything back.  Both Lurch and EB disagreed with his take but just kept their mouth shut.

I missed that part, probably because I shut it off after than nonsense. There are few people I like less than John Feinstein.

A little while back, he referred to someone as Goodell’s “butt buddy” (might have been Trump too, I don’t remember exactly) A bunch of people chimed in saying that term was offensive to gay men, including many gays. Feinsteins response: no it isn’t. He’s a total hypocrite.

So Shanahan traded a second round pick for McNabb, then when he got here and walked in the door, Shanny looked up and screamed " Oh my GOD! You're BLACK???"

Too bad the Junkies were not in a "combative mood" (also known as "cowardice", or "being 4 big fat pansy-ass *******"), because that is one of the easiest softballs I've ever seen to knock out of the park.

Risk: John Feinstein might never talk to you again.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bang said:

Shanny looked up and screamed " Oh my GOD! You're BLACK???"

All I can think about this is the citizens of Rock Ridge meeting their new sheriff for the first time..."the Sherriff is a..."

29 minutes ago, Bang said:

Risk: Reward: John Feinstein might never talk to you again.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 8:22 AM, ixcuincle said:

ol Junior at it again. I remember when he used to be on CBS sports Radio on the AM airwaves, had a short lived show

I dont think I've ever heard him do a radio hit where he didn't mention Tiger Woods, Coach K, Bobby Knight, Season on the Brink, or Navy.  Or all of the above.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, justice98 said:

I dont think I've ever heard him do a radio hit where he didn't mention Tiger Woods, Coach K, Bobby Knight, Season on the Brink, or Navy.  Or all of the above.

Throw the New York Islanders in there too.

On 3/9/2024 at 12:44 PM, justice98 said:

Dan Snyder, his current book (out now!), or random golfer he knows. He name drops so much even Mike Wilbon thinks it's over the top.

• Haha 1