Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

I went back to pull up that segment and got stopped by this header:

”Doc Walker puts the Harris ownership group on notice”

Doc Walker?

putting the Harris ownership group on notice……. 🤦‍♂️ 

BMitch sounds like old man yelling at the clouds.  Not sure I’ve ever heard of this guy Lynell

“are you on the cycle today?”, lol

yeah, the entire thing should have been behind closed doors 

Edited by stoshuaj

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't listen to BMItdh, not sure what station he is even on. Can you sum up the conversation?

Yeah, I know what this all about. Linnel likes to say he is going to do things and doesnt ever follow through with it. The first thing he said something about the quitting if the Commanders lose a game. Then he was supposed to jump through a table for the Bills game. Grant and Danny called him out already on it. He had a ton of excuses that the Rooster Chris Russell didnt get the table and didnt allow him the time on the show. 

Edited by just654
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

So here's Grant as a lad. What are the chances that he wasn't some obnoxious tool that didn't think he was superior to others in his age range? 

NERD!!

I guarantee he got shoved in lockers and was the recipient of many swirlies. He's become such a jock-sniffing tool.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

BMitch sounds like old man yelling at the clouds.  Not sure I’ve ever heard of this guy Lynell “are you on the cycle today?”, lol

That was Doc asking if he was riding the bike. Trying to get him to calm down

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Doc Walker puts the Harris ownership group on notice”

Doc Walker?

putting the Harris ownership group on notice……. 🤦‍♂️ 

Right. when these stations put Doc on to fill in for someone, it's like making Zorn the HC because you don't have anyone better at the moment. He doesn't get to people on notice because he's been doing sportstalk radio for decades and hasn't improved at all. 

• Like 1

Why is Craig Hoffman steaming so much about the sign? I get its stupid but it's just a motivational message. They know more than he does. Jon Allen could tell him more about assignments and roles then he explained trying to sound smart. But it makes sense. It's just saying don't overcomplicate it. Just do your job. Just do what we ask you to do that play. But he's really mad. 

I get he doesn't like Ron but really? This is your hill? Russell had a better poll about motivated by Howell or distraught by the defense. 

27 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Why is Craig Hoffman steaming so much about the sign?

Because 4 years in and after the defense being all out of sorts last week, that sign belongs in his door and JDRs door. When he talks about technique or watching the tape, those are distractions that his Def Coord and friend hasn't been doing his job and can't even acknowledge that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Because 4 years in and after the defense being all out of sorts last week, that sign belongs in his door and JDRs door. When he talks about technique or watching the tape, those are distractions that his Def Coord and friend hasn't been doing his job and can't even acknowledge that. 

Nobody (except Sheehan before the game) is  taking about the fact that these are former MVPs and Fields was considered the league MVP coming into the season. He's looked bad this year but he's not a bad player. This bad start is part of a pattern but like last year, it's part of an uphill battle. Just like two years ago when we played the chargers and the bills. Those games aren't easy. 

It's not saying we're not talented but there's no such thing as a shut down defense any more. We can stop some teams some times but eventually we break. Or they get plays against us. 

29 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Nobody (except Sheehan before the game) is  taking about the fact that these are former MVPs and Fields was considered the league MVP coming into the season. He's looked bad this year but he's not a bad player. This bad start is part of a pattern but like last year, it's part of an uphill battle. Just like two years ago when we played the chargers and the bills. Those games aren't easy. 

It's not saying we're not talented but there's no such thing as a shut down defense any more. We can stop some teams some times but eventually we break. Or they get plays against us. 

This is about why is a sportstalk person on the sign thing. It's because at this point as HC with the defense the same the whole time, "Do Your Job" only works if the coaches do their jobs too. It's not about one game. It's another slow start to the season. The 2 wins against bad teams were difficult. The defense specifically isn't prepared well. 

Everyone is tired of Ron talking about watching the tape, and that they'll get things fix. Why does anything need to be fixed? Is Forbes no good? But St. Juste and the rest of the DBs are getting beat also, it's probably the playcall. 

Yep. It's about that time of year when I turn off sports radio and start listening to audio books all day. 

I thought it would be different this year but nope. Today it was all hosts insulting DC fans for them being negative. And Sheehan insulting us for wanting EB over Bellichick, not trying to use reason to form a two step decision tree to say that maybe first thing is WE DON'T WANT BILL  and second anybody is better than him. But radio and insulting us makes him feel better. 

Anyway I'm too old for this routine. I'll just watch the games and listen to the actual analysis not the all day talk about nothing trying to hype stuff. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did anyone else enjoy today's show where Eric and Jason were going on and on about how major cities are hell holes and people who work from home are lazy bums who don't put in any hard work?

Oh man, it was quite the experience! Nice to know that 2/4 people who represent the top sports station in town seem to despise the community :)

On 12/13/2023 at 10:42 PM, spjunkies said:

Did anyone else enjoy today's show where Eric and Jason were going on and on about how major cities are hell holes and people who work from home are lazy bums who don't put in any hard work?

Oh man, it was quite the experience! Nice to know that 2/4 people who represent the top sports station in town seem to despise the community :)

It was exhausting.EB and Bish are just not equipped enough to see any other perspective beyond blaming DC and pumping up Monumental... who broadcasts their show! Or they're just being disingenuous for that reason, 

They confuse petty crime with violent crime.and exaggerate the overall condition of the city. (Fox News style). 

They confuse office space occupancy and its correlation to attendance to Wiz/Caps games.As if a hot garbage WIzards team and a meh Caps team have nothing to do with the reason for lower attendance amid a pandemic. 

And they confuse making a business decision with what should be an obligation to the city and fans. Ted maybe making a fantastic financial decision for himself by moving the teams to VA. But he's no hero. 

• Thanks 1

Of course Fartstein came on with his usual horrible takes. He immediately starts talking a bout attendance at FedEx. But for a number of years, that ****hole in the middle of nowhere with a crappy team was top 3 in NFL attendance. The attendance at FedEx has everything to do with Snyder. 

While I’d much rather have an urban location, this isn’t moving the team to Cleveland, like many are treating it 

• Like 1

EB and Bishop are the most sheltered people on that show.  They have zero clue what goes on outside of their little bubbles.  I'd say Bishop can at least listen and is open to trying to understand, but EB is a lost cause.  He has been since he became a Covid nutter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

EB and Bishop are the most sheltered people on that show.  They have zero clue what goes on outside of their little bubbles.  I'd say Bishop can at least listen and is open to trying to understand, but EB is a lost cause.  He has been since he became a Covid nutter.

This show is like a ****roach that won't die. With how it seems audacy is going cheap with both 106.7 and 980. I am curious how much those guys make. 

16 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

This show is like a ****roach that won't die. With how it seems audacy is going cheap with both 106.7 and 980. I am curious how much those guys make. 

I still like the show, but like it when there is variety of who is there.

I remember hearing a while back that they are each making $250k/yr from the show.  Not too bad for 20 hours of work a week.  I don't think any of them prep or anything for the show at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I still like the show, but like it when there is variety of who is there.

I remember hearing a while back that they are each making $250k/yr from the show.  Not too bad for 20 hours of work a week.  I don't think any of them prep or anything for the show at this point.

I rarely listen to them. If I am driving during the morning commute time I will check them out. But after 5min I'm always out. I don't find any of them insightful or even funny anymore. I'll look forward to them not being on the radio anymore. 

• 4 weeks later...

Today should be a gold standard day for local sportstalk. Experts and beat reports lined up back to back to back. 5min of JP/Mitchell and I turned it off. Unserious while pretending to be serious is more frustrating than everything. They are about to go lazy and open phone lines already. Really? You have so many people from Keim to national guys people would rather hear from, not Whoever from Wherever on a back connection in their car.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1