Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dark times indeed. Dunno how I can ever go back, even in a post-COVID world. Complete and utter failure.

It'll have to be with new voices I imagine. Or at least trusted ones (Al Galdi) finally given some respect to drive his own show that includes other quality voices.

• Like 1

I just unfollowed EB's dumb ****ing ass on twitter.  I'm just sick of his stupid ass conspiracy anti-viral **** and he overall is by far my least favorite Junkie now who is all "me me me" anyways.  This tweet he retweeted was the one that made me actually do it.  **** him.

U1xIRZD.png

• Like 3

Been watching/listening to the streams from the Burgundy and Gold. Beyond some of the technical stuff they need to work out like not being able to hear the questions when the press is talking to a player via zoom or webex or whatever. Julie Donaldson is a world better than Larry ever was. I want to like Santana Moss more. But if he is going to do this for a living, he needs to invest in himself. Speaking lessons. Something.

My Dad was a journalist on TV and Radio for about 50 years and had training to get rid of his Philly accent early on. You'd think he wasn't related to his Mom and Sister because how heavy their accent was. It can be done.

Santana Moss says "to be honest with you" every other sentence and it drives me nuts.  

He could definitely use some lessons.  He speaks like he is always angry about the subject at hand too.  It is clearly not intentional that is just how he naturally sounds.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ugh. Bram is.... Not the kind of guy I think of when it comes to play by play. I was hoping Buck, Chick Hernandez or Johnny Holiday

All of those guys are 60+ and would only be able to do it 5 years max so I get going younger. 

• Like 1

I am a fan of Bram, but not for this. I would want him to hold what would be like the old George Michael Redskins Report.

If I am making a booth for the short term it would be Buckhantz and a former player who had a little training for color commentary. 

Long term I think a guy with a voice that stands out like Al Galdi would be great. Deep voice but can get loud and excited.  I don't need a booth with a bunch of people and a guy on the sidelines for the entire game.

Play by Play with the color guy and then the sideline guy only for quick hits after a break.

• Like 1

Buck has probably 10 good years as a play by play guy in him, even at his age.  He woulda been fine. 

I think Bram and DHall is a pretty weak booth.  It feels very 2020 Wizards-esque.  Putting two people together nobody really wants.  DHall's never done color, and to the best of my knowledge, Bram has never done play-by-play in his life. 

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Buck has probably 10 good years as a play by play guy in him.  He woulda been fine. 

I think Bram and DHall is a pretty weak booth.  It feels very 2020 Wizards-esque.  Putting two people together nobody really wants.  DHall's never done color, and to the best of my knowledge, Bram has never done play-by-play in his life. 

Agreed. I was hoping for some improved PxP. I thought Larry was horrendous at PxP. Don't see how hiring a total newbie will do any better. Disappointing.

• Like 2